PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about it.....talking about it....doing it.....

2FORCEFULL
07-18-2017, 04:06 AM
I think I have this process messed up,...I do stuff...talk about it... then think....why did I do this...:smile::smile:...keeps me constantly wondering why... I see people that what I call over think....they never do nothing..by the time they get close to pulling the trigger...they don't even wanna do it any more...they never have anything for sell....I seem to have a lot of stuff I don't even want any more ...all the time...I don't ever think about it first...WOW, that's cool... and buy it.... my wifes says... what did you get that for????

RCDave
07-18-2017, 06:57 AM
Whatcha thinking of selling?

2FORCEFULL
07-18-2017, 07:05 AM
I always think of selling everything and starting over...

ChumpChange
07-18-2017, 07:18 AM
Mom always thought me. Wait three days and see if you go back. Saved me a lot of money over the years.

2FORCEFULL
07-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Mom always thought me. Wait three days and see if you go back. Saved me a lot of money over the years.

I could probley do better if I would just wait 3 hrs...

CarolynandBob
07-18-2017, 07:26 AM
I am somewhat of a minimalist. Hate having a bunch of stuff I do not need. The stuff I do have is good quality and nice.

rschap1
07-18-2017, 10:06 AM
If I wait three days it will be sold out from under me...

2manymustangs
07-18-2017, 10:12 AM
I jump based on how SMOKING of a deal it is, or wait and think about it... Unfortunately 99% of my projects don't get done, they just sit collecting dust BUT I still have them and my original investment... :)

I just HATE being the salesman, running adds and dealing with selling stuff...

2FORCEFULL
07-18-2017, 11:53 AM
I jump based on how SMOKING of a deal it is, or wait and think about it... Unfortunately 99% of my projects don't get done, they just sit collecting dust BUT I still have them and my original investment... :)

I just HATE being the salesman, running adds and dealing with selling stuff...

I like to buy..hate selling...

how long have you owned it?...since the day I bought it....how much did you pay for it? enough to get the title..are you the only owner? yes, my wife has her own stuff..

will you take payments?... yes, one!... how fast does it go?...100 mph...

El Toro
07-18-2017, 01:19 PM
how fast does it go?...100 mph...

so you have a jetboat on craigslist.....:biggrin:

what your experiencing is one of the few disadvantages of having expendable income. :hmmm:

2manymustangs
07-18-2017, 03:15 PM
I like to buy..hate selling...

how long have you owned it?...since the day I bought it....how much did you pay for it? enough to get the title..are you the only owner? yes, my wife has her own stuff..

will you take payments?... yes, one!... how fast does it go?...100 mph...

Well, fire up that SWEET RV and head to Alamitos Bay for the races in a few weekends sir!

so you have a jetboat on craigslist.....:biggrin:

what your experiencing is one of the few disadvantages of having expendable income. :hmmm:

^^^^ ahahahahahaha :D

spike morelli
07-18-2017, 10:02 PM
For me, I set my goals on what I really want. I'm not really tempted to buy something because the price is awfully low, or take something for free if I wasn't needing it in the first place. It's never been about money. I'm married to the girl I want forever, I drive the car I want forever, own the boats I've wanted since I was a kid, and plan to keep forever. Life is be too short to have things to impress others, if they don't impress me I don't want it. I'll tell you, I have some pretty neat stuff.....not by mistake either. I have way enough and I'm blessed to have what I have. The truth is....It may mean something to me, but, someday I'll pass this world, and all the stuff I still own that I covet will be sold off for pennies on the dollar to someone else I've never met, who didn't work for it, couldn't never under stand the soul of it, and the world will continue to turn in my absence.

2FORCEFULL
07-19-2017, 04:33 AM
For me, I set my goals on what I really want. I'm not really tempted to buy something because the price is awfully low, or take something for free if I wasn't needing it in the first place. It's never been about money. I'm married to the girl I want forever, I drive the car I want forever, own the boats I've wanted since I was a kid, and plan to keep forever. Life is be too short to have things to impress others, if they don't impress me I don't want it. I'll tell you, I have some pretty neat stuff.....not by mistake either. I have way enough and I'm blessed to have what I have. The truth is....It may mean something to me, but, someday I'll pass this world, and all the stuff I still own that I covet will be sold off for pennies on the dollar to someone else I've never met, who didn't work for it, couldn't never under stand the soul of it, and the world will continue to turn in my absence.

kinda the way I am.... but things change..things you want and need change...I no longer have a need or want for a boat that does 100 mph, no more blown alcohol dragsters... no more dirt bikes or quads.... we bought the alpine to go tour the USA.....my wife didn't retire 4 years ago...so it sits...kinda force my self to use it... did a complete interior make over... so she's ready.. wanna do trips like riverbound just did...,bought a new jeep JK to tow behind.... it'll be an old jeep before we ever go..as I sit right now...I have a lot to build a new havasu home....more I think about it... more I don't wanna do it..we have a nice little older home there...seems to be just fine for what we do..., and if we hit the road...we will use it less...the ground Hog day of going to the same place every weekend gets old to me..I'd rather spend more time with my kids....I've always been when things don't work for me....see ya...and on to some thing new...

CarolynandBob
07-19-2017, 07:14 AM
All I can say Steve is don't wait. I know you have to wait for Sue to retire, but maybe she will read this.

In May of 2016 the financial planner says to me and my wife. "If you just want to maintain your standard of living, you can retire now and you will never run out of money". This blew me away. Well I knew we were doing pretty good saving wise and investments, but not that good. We live pretty well so I am good with keeping our style of living.

So I went to 2 other financial planners to verify what our guy said. All said the same thing. My wife and I look at each other and say fuck it we are done. I retired last July at age 49 and my wife left at age 52 in October.

We knew when we retired we wanted to travel the country in our motor home, so we started planning that. We left January 7, 2017.

I can't tell you how much we love it. The moving around and see this great country. Meeting new people. Unbelievable how friendly the south is. We are in the pacific north west now. We are in Oregon now and going to explore Oregon, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana and Washington until October. Then we plan to see Utah on our way back down to San Diego for the holidays. Then we will hit the road again and go south for the winter.

My point is life is short. Go do it. We have changed up our travel plans a few times on this trip. (We were supposed to be in Cape Cod right now). Things change and we just go with the flow.

2manymustangs
07-19-2017, 07:53 AM
All I can say Steve is don't wait. I know you have to wait for Sue to retire, but maybe she will read this.

In May of 2016 the financial planner says to me and my wife. "If you just want to maintain your standard of living, you can retire now and you will never run out of money". This blew me away. Well I knew we were doing pretty good saving wise and investments, but not that good. We live pretty well so I am good with keeping our style of living.

So I went to 2 other financial planners to verify what our guy said. All said the same thing. My wife and I look at each other and say fuck it we are done. I retired last July at age 49 and my wife left at age 52 in October.

We knew when we retired we wanted to travel the country in our motor home, so we started planning that. We left January 7, 2017.

I can't tell you how much we love it. The moving around and see this great country. Meeting new people. Unbelievable how friendly the south is. We are in the pacific north west now. We are in Oregon now and going to explore Oregon, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana and Washington until October. Then we plan to see Utah on our way back down to San Diego for the holidays. Then we will hit the road again and go south for the winter.

My point is life is short. Go do it. We have changed up our travel plans a few times on this trip. (We were supposed to be in Cape Cod right now). Things change and we just go with the flow.

Kudos to you and the Mrs.... Sounds like you two did GREAT, well deserved R&R!!!

CarolynandBob
07-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Thank you

2FORCEFULL
07-19-2017, 09:01 AM

lol.... just had a talk with Sue...are you gonna retire in feb?.....ah...no not this feb...it's not the money,... she just loves what she does,been there over 30 years....so we are back to the there and back, instead of just keep going... so my plan is to use the time she gets off in bigger vacations...10 to 14 day trips...my financial planner told me in 1988 I had more than enough to retire...so I did... I still try to do things that make money,..and stay way more busy than I did while working..I try to keep my lump of money at work...made long term investments that keep money coming in..I live cheep and easy.... if I spend a dollar on something I wanna know that I can get my dollar back.... I don't have to have the best...I made quite a fortune off selling top name brands...I don't do rentals... but..carry paper,..seems easier to me with out the head aches... I make money while I sleep... so I guess that's good...

2FORCEFULL
07-19-2017, 09:03 AM
Thank you

can I ask how young you guys are?

CarolynandBob
07-20-2017, 07:35 AM
50 and 52

I agree with you on staying busy. It is a little harder being a full time rv'er. If I get bored I take the dogs for a walk or go on a bike ride.

As far as money goes. We do not even spend what we are earning each month. Just keep re-investing.

I carried paper years ago. Then I had to foreclose on 3 of them. So, then I was a landlord. Did not like it and got rid of them.

2FORCEFULL
07-20-2017, 07:52 AM
50 and 52

I agree with you on staying busy. It is a little harder being a full time rv'er. If I get bored I take the dogs for a walk or go on a bike ride.

As far as money goes. We do not even spend what we are earning each month. Just keep re-investing.

I carried paper years ago. Then I had to foreclose on 3 of them. So, then I was a landlord. Did not like it and got rid of them.
you guys are baby's....way to go...if you get to vegas ...hit me up

CarolynandBob
07-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Yes sir