PDA

View Full Version : Bets on whats wrong with my hallett...

2FORCEFULL
07-11-2017, 03:19 PM
I'm taking my hallett in for repair on the 24th...whats going on is one drive goes lower than the other, and corresponding, one goes higher, i'm also adding 1.5 drive spacers as I think the x is too high...the boat is a 1998 so time to do the trim rams anyway....I'm betting that they shimmed the wrong side of the rams in side....every one that I talk to says they think it's the celery sticks, which could do that but it would be very easy to see...

2FORCEFULL
07-28-2017, 10:58 AM
so.... found the answer.... some one at hallett put bravo3 spacers in the trim rams... one side the spacers were broken. so that side tucked down farther.. .the bravo 3 spacers stop the drives from getting neg. trim...now both drives will tuck in for getting on plane way better... I put 1.5 drive spaces in the lower units....might work better ... might not... might cause a porpoise problem...
but in thinking it will make it better ... so we will see.. the boat ghost rides across 2' chop @ 50 mph as it was,... so if anything goes to the neg side I will know and can take them back out..

HB Vic
07-28-2017, 11:20 AM
Thats weird. Wonder why they did that, didnt know what they were doing or didnt have the right parts?