PDA

View Full Version : Looks like they are gonna close the river to topoc from havasu...

2FORCEFULL
07-08-2017, 03:28 PM
they tried awhile back, I went to the meetings,... the end result was that they were do more studying of the area...the main concern was the safety of the other users of the river, and the amount of people that don't or won't obey the laws, too fast of speed was a big concern...people driving the wrong direction and not staying to the right.... people passing on the right with out slowing down to make sure the driver sees them..huge wakes swamping other boaters and kiackers .drivers oui....sooo... what I noticed over the holiday.... sheriff helo's filming the chaos.. they were just follow the boat up and down the river...the boats looking like if you dumped a bag of marbles on the kitchen floor... most of the boats headed up river were way too the left, while those headed down where every where... jet skies doing donuts and wallet racers on pin.... the speed from the slowest to the fastest was about 100 mpg..... so now, they got a whole bunch of studing done...this won't be good.... keep in mind that California is behind most of this...also I noticed... the topc bouys are almost to pirates, and the devils ebow bouys are 300 yards up river...anyone else remember when you didn't have to go wakeless under the bridge.....who decided to put all the bouys ....:realitycheck:

HB Vic
07-08-2017, 05:01 PM
That sucks. Why not teach the rule breakers a lesson vs punish all of us?

Typical government bullshit [emoji1361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL
07-08-2017, 05:04 PM
That sucks. Why not teach the rule breakers a lesson vs punish all of us?

Typical government bullshit [emoji1361]

they kinda gave everybody a warning... be on you best behavor,.....the 100 mph boats use the slower 30 mph boats as pylons...

2FORCEFULL
07-09-2017, 06:29 PM
found out today, devils elbow bouys are owned by the refuge...

HB Vic
07-09-2017, 06:49 PM
found out today, devils elbow bouys are owned by the refuge...

Wtf a private company??

l84theriv
07-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Its owned by the army corp of engineers. Government owned

l84theriv
07-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Hence we all own it.

HB Vic
07-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Isn't the Refuge a private company?

Bobby V
07-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Isn't the Refuge a private company?

No. Its part of AZ Game and Fish.

Ziggy
07-10-2017, 09:21 AM
No. Its part of AZ Game and Fish.Managed by said government organization.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HB Vic
07-10-2017, 09:37 AM
No. Its part of AZ Game and Fish.

Wasn't aware of that.

Bobby V
07-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Managed by said government organization.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes managed.

Also....

The Lake Havasu Marine Association met with the new Refuge manager approximately two weeks ago. The discussion covered many topics, however there was no indication that changes or restrictions to boating within the gorge area were being contemplated at this time. It is also being reported that Dr. Benjamin Tuggle southwest regional director for U.S. Fish & Wildlife has been reassigned/relocated within the last few weeks and is no longer in the New Mexico office (this is not confirmed). One thing is certain.....Congressman Paul Gosar continues to monitor the activities of U.S. Fish and Wildlife very closely.

spike morelli
07-10-2017, 09:31 PM
I'm sure it's coming. If history has taught us nothing else, it's that it only takes a few undisciplined boaters to screw things up for everyone else, mix in political players making chess moves to somehow fatten their pockets, and you can stick a fork in it....it's done.

2FORCEFULL
07-11-2017, 10:45 AM
I'm sure it's coming. If history has taught us nothing else, it's that it only takes a few undisciplined boaters to screw things up for everyone else, mix in political players making chess moves to somehow fatten their pockets, and you can stick a fork in it....it's done.

that's pretty much where its at right now, they want the boaters to police themselves, and let the cops break up the fights..they can't even control water cannons...let alone wallet racers