PDA

View Full Version : New safety device for Open Cockpit Racers - NAS (Neck Airbag System)

RPMRACING
04-24-2017, 02:23 PM
The Neck Airbag System (NAS) that we introduced at Lucas Oil Drag Boat Series at Wild Horse Pass and Parker Blue Water races has really taken off. Besides being an approved safety device for SCSC & Lucas Oil, NJBA has now also approved the safety device. At the NJBA races yesterday (Saturday, April 22nd) out of 52 entries 25 drivers placed orders for the Neck Airbag System (NAS). We have sold close 60 NAS devices since it's introduction last month. It seems the boat racing community is really embracing this new safety product. This safety device is good for all open boats, from Crackerboxes to all open cockpit Drag boat Classes and everything in between.

As you all witnessed (if you were at Parker) once deployed (lanyard pulled) takes 500 miliseconds (blink of eye) to expand keeps the neck from moving during the incident. This can replace the cumbersone "D" Ring system, Hans or Leatt that all limit neck mobility while racing. Like the airbag in your car it only works when an incident happens. However, if you are comfortable with the "D" Ring, Hans or Leatt then please continue to use them. My only hope is that all open boat drivers use something that will keep their neck from any injury in the event of a crash.
In addition to sizes S, M, L for $250 plus S/H we are now offering XL and XXL for $280 plus $20/Co2 cartridge. I have increased the lanyard size for our purposes as well.

I am placing a fairly large order this coming week and am taking orders. If you're interested and want one, please email me back with your name & size and I'll include this in the order which should be here within two weeks (or possibly sooner). Also, please inclue if you want a single Co2 cartridge or 2 (one for the NAS system and one for back up) as has become the standard from the racers that have puchased the system or place orders already.
If you weren't at Phoenix or Parker and would like more information, please don't hesitate to email or call at your convenience.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to email or call me with any questions.

Sincerely,
Ross Wallach, President
RPM RACING ENTERPRISES
1803 Morgan Lane
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310) 318-4012
www.rpmracingent.com

HB Vic
04-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Few more pics Ross asked me to post. This looks very promising for sure.

RPMRACING
04-24-2017, 08:19 PM
Here you can see it fits comfortably under the lifejacket. It doesn't cause any issues with the helmet. Once deployed it encircles the neck and prevents any movement, absorbs impact and prevents bucketing.