PDA

View Full Version : Non-Pickle tunnel hull performance

Wannbe
04-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Any input on how a non-pickle tunnel boat will perform compared to the traditional pickle fork tunnel? How about vs a typical semi-V jet boat? I'm looking to buy a jet boat but a Daytona type pickle is a bit out of my $$ but I have seen some non-pickle tunnels that are tickling my fancy and looking for some input/experience. I searched but can't find any threads about it. Thanks in advance.

The Doctor
04-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Wannbe? Really?

HB Vic
04-22-2017, 07:00 PM
Non pickle tunnel?? Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannbe
04-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Am I missing something? Is that a stupid question?

The Doctor
04-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Not at all. Valid question but unusual name. My son is Wannabe. It was just a bit confusing. Welcome to the forum. I hope you get some good responses as there is lots of quality information to be had here. Again, welcome. :D

HB Vic
04-24-2017, 04:07 AM
I'm interested.

And yes, welcome Wannbe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL
09-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Here's a non pickle tunnel...66199

2FORCEFULL
09-24-2017, 07:37 PM
any input on how a non-pickle tunnel boat will perform compared to the traditional pickle fork tunnel? How about vs a typical semi-v jet boat? I'm looking to buy a jet boat but a daytona type pickle is a bit out of my $$ but i have seen some non-pickle tunnels that are tickling my fancy and looking for some input/experience. I searched but can't find any threads about it. Thanks in advance.
pretty sure they will all run over 100...that what i read on craigs list

HB Vic
09-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Non pickle runner or mod vp?

2FORCEFULL
09-27-2017, 05:30 AM
Here's a non pickle tunnel...66199

looking at this pic, this is what I see, not no expert, and really don't understand what I think I know ...but...what robs the power on a boat is the wetted surface that it runs on.... right...now add weight to that and it causes drag...more horse power...I see some huge ass tunnels on this boat... that would IMO work both ways..until the boat packs enough air the sponsons are gonna cause drag...and gonna loose the natural lift of a flat bottom boat... so now you have twice the running surface...once it packs air, you have the air lift in the tunnels that will take the load off the outer sponsons, the idea there would be that they would make the boat way more stable at higher speeds... so I amagine this hull design to be slow with low power.... but be a stable boat with bigger power..as long as it doesn't blow over....that's what makes me think to be high power, and run top end...tunnel tabs would be needed....