PDA

View Full Version : SK-51 The trash of a lifetime.

wannabe
04-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Just put up the bare bones of a build page for our new boat. Gonna be increasing here in the next few weeks. But - it is a start.
http://www.wannaberacing.com/sk51.html

The Doctor
04-05-2017, 09:02 PM
I saw it with my own two eyes and I still cannot believe what I saw them create. Their talent must have come from their mother because I still get excited making clay snakes. :D

HB Vic
04-06-2017, 07:05 AM
Wow that's an incredible transformation. More pics please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs.K034
04-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Wow that's an incredible transformation. More pics please

Man, you should have seen this thing, it is incredible what they did in such a short time!

2manymustangs
04-07-2017, 11:02 AM
"Other changes were implemented while Paul was away, so he couldn't say no. A driver cutout was created and installed for even more driver area."

As if you scrawny little twirps need any extra space... :smilies_mit_hut019:

Looks killer Buzz/Paul... Kudos...

Now send me those cam specs/cam timing specs... Please... ;)

wannabe
04-08-2017, 07:57 PM
[B][I][SIZE=4]
Now send me those cam specs/cam timing specs... Please... ;)

Cam specs for this engine? You can have them. No secrets in this baby. Any 9:1, iron headed, hydraulic cammed 350 should make 482. If you really want them, you can have them. Heck, I will give you bottom notes, strut specs, rudder angles, turn fin profile, plate notes, or anything else you want. I have the prop digitized at Joeys place. I will let him make you a copy of it if you want.

Mrs.K034
04-09-2017, 12:22 AM
Cam specs for this engine? You can have them. No secrets in this baby. Any 9:1, iron headed, hydraulic cammed 350 should make 482. If you really want them, you can have them. Heck, I will give you bottom notes, strut specs, rudder angles, turn fin profile, plate notes, or anything else you want. I have the prop digitized at Joeys place. I will let him make you a copy of it if you want.

Ha, this is so you! Love it. So humble, Buzz!

2manymustangs
04-09-2017, 06:38 PM

Can I get that with Grich's autograph on the write up? ;)

ANY opinions you want to share on the cam/event timing/lsa and/OR bottom end clearances/dimensions are valued input... I learn by watching/listening...

:thumbsUp:

poncho
04-13-2017, 04:30 AM
Amazing

The Doctor
09-26-2017, 03:10 PM
It ran pretty good yesterday.

SYNNER
09-27-2017, 07:27 AM
amazing job guys, absolutely beautiful work and the one of the main reasons I come to this sight. Thank you for sharing your inspiration. I look forward to seeing it at a race or show soon. When will it be out to it's next event?

Creepingcharlie
10-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Do you guys just work on your personal boats?

The Doctor
10-04-2017, 10:41 PM
These boys barely have time to do their own stuff.

Creepingcharlie
10-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Well from what i have seen what they can do. I need some work done on my boat and since they know there way around a circle boat. Figured it wouldnt hurt to ask.

Mrs.K034
10-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Well from what i have seen what they can do. I need some work done on my boat and since they know there way around a circle boat. Figured it wouldnt hurt to ask.

I know, right? They are some handy guys. They are so busy all the time!

Sharp shooter
11-26-2017, 09:18 AM
It ran pretty good yesterday.

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=66318&d=1506463835

It's amazing how strong you guys are. Most of us need horsepower to get this much air. :happy::happy:

wannabe
11-26-2017, 10:32 AM
This is how we get our boats out of the water:
http://www.wannaberacing.com/boatlite.jpg
Cuz everyone knows, iron headed, pump gas 350s can't hop out of the water.
As for other projects. You can contact us and we can give you lots of advice and set-up information. That, we can do. However, we can't do anyone else's work right now. Just too busy and too many projects.

2manymustangs
12-10-2017, 11:56 AM

FC-Pilot
03-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Can I get that with Grich's autograph on the write up? ;)

ANY opinions you want to share on the cam/event timing/lsa and/OR bottom end clearances/dimensions are valued input... I learn by watching/listening...

To be honest this cam would not work well for most engines. The exhaust is smaller than the intake duration and the LCA is not as tight as you would think. If I remember correctly it is on a 108 and I think we put the intake at 108 or so. We tried advancing it on the dyno, and it did not like it. Also, this is a hydraulic roller with a non aggressive profile. We talked about going solid roller and going crazy with the profile, but we did not want to have to set valves all the time on this thing and so we went conservative. The cam would have been a little more standard if the idiot porting the heads knew what he was doing. I just smoothed some things out and tried to keep things nice and even. I gave the flow numbers to the cam guy (Chris) and this is what he sent me. The strut angle is somewhere between 7.5* and 8* and the back of the strut is a little further back from where the last boat was based off of what we learned on it. We did not do anything super crazy with the rudder either on this one. I can't remember if the front of the turn fins were 94 or 95 inches, but they are around there. We were conservative with the rocker and I think the plates are right about 7" right now. Engine placement is close to 34 or 35 inches and I think the v-drive is around 97 inches. If you need more info than that I guess I will have to look at notes instead of going off the top of my head. LOL

It is funny, I did not know about this post or the link Buzzz put up until today. I forgot I was even a member over here. Learn something new all the time.

Paul

mouzer
03-07-2018, 07:35 PM
i forgot also..............