PDA

View Full Version : CA bag ban....

riverrunner1984
11-29-2016, 07:58 AM
Not trying to make a political post but if it is, please move it....

Gotta love the hypocrisy of some of these laws...so the people of CA voted to ban all plastic bags at grocery stores for "environmental" reasons when in fact it is lining grocery unions pockets....
I went to Home Depot this weekend and look what I put my purchased goods in.....
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161129/de4d5b0518756ea3cd9a5a0d0c9f01a8.jpg

An effin plastic bag...also got Chinese food a couple weeks ago and they put it in one of those "thank you" PLASTIC bags....

So let me get this straight, I need to pay 15 cents per bag at the grocery store but can still get them for free from Home Depot and restaurants??? Seriously, how is that even possible.

Go fuck yourself CA!!!!

Ok rant over.

Have a good day people! Lol [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolynandBob
11-29-2016, 08:00 AM
Just another reason why I have 39 day left here.

riverrunner1984
11-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Just another reason why I have 39 day left here.

I'm 32 and already looking forward to leaving at retirement lol

314joey
11-29-2016, 08:53 AM
I'm not slammin' anyone who lives in Cali, but I could never live there, I even have a hard time visiting, due to the large amount of off the wall liberals, it's beautiful though, but so is Florida.

Stay strong guys.

redant
11-29-2016, 09:59 AM
I effin hate this new law. I would reuse my plastic bags. They became wastebasket liners and dog pop bags when camping. I now pay 10 cents for plastic bags that are so much thicker,but do get holes in them when corners of boxes push thru and they will still be in the dump, ocean, river, lake etc for the next century. They also have nice strong handles to get stuck around whales, dolphins, birds, and other creatures we love. Now I am buying plastic one use bags for my wastebaskets and will most likely use those as dog poop bags too. Yep got to love the dumbasses of CA. Tree huggin liberals.

K-034
11-29-2016, 10:48 AM
I left cali 11 years ago and will never go back, makes me really appreciate living in AZ

Grimpala
11-29-2016, 11:37 AM
You guys(not you specifically) do some of the most backwards stuff I've ever seen, I just wish it would stay in Cali and stop encroaching on the rest of us with common sense.

Ziggy
11-29-2016, 12:07 PM
My wife and I have been taking our own canvas bags(whenever we remembered) for a while now. Not such a big deal. We are just so accustomed to having things the way we did the change beckons gripes and conversations. Not all stores have switched over but places like Lowes and Home Depot local to me have. In some cases that I forgot bags I've just put my groceries back in the cart and taken them to the car loose.

riverrunner1984
11-29-2016, 12:26 PM
You guys(not you specifically) do some of the most backwards stuff I've ever seen, I just wish it would stay in Cali and stop encroaching on the rest of us with common sense.

Looks like we are rubbing off little by little on you guys is TX as well as AZ lol
Us conservatives in CA are going to have no place to go soon enough lol

HB Vic
11-29-2016, 01:41 PM
I don't like the hypocrisy. Either ban all the fucking plastic or don't ban any of it. Its such bullshit.

Vidal junction is a prime example of hypocrisy. The place is open to kill your quagga 9am-5pm. After that you can transport all the fucking quagga you want.

Sweet job though, greeting all those people passing the check point. Except I'm sure they'll get carpal tunnel from constantly waiting at people and land an even sweeter workers comp gig LOL

Ziggy
11-29-2016, 01:57 PM
I don't like the hypocrisy. Either ban all the fucking plastic or don't ban any of it. Its such bullshit.

Vidal junction is a prime example of hypocrisy. The place is open to kill your quagga 9am-5pm. After that you can transport all the fucking quagga you want.

Sweet job though, greeting all those people passing the check point. Except I'm sure they'll get carpal tunnel from constantly waiting at people and land an even sweeter workers comp gig LOL

One more edit Vic.......waiting vs waving :D:D:D
I suppose all the bag banners didn't read the entire details of the Proposition;)

Grimpala
11-29-2016, 02:59 PM
Looks like we are rubbing off little by little on you guys is TX as well as AZ lol
Us conservatives in CA are going to have no place to go soon enough lol

It's the same thing as with all the various immigrants.

They come to Texas because it's better to them than Cali in some form or another, but then they want to change Texas to make it just as crappy as Cali. I hate hearing from transplants about how nice the weather is out there, or how the scenery is better, or blah blah blah. Go back home if it was so much better, Texas doesn't need you.

We've got the bag crap going on in Dallas, it isn't changing anything, just lining someone else's pockets for a while, until it's time for the next fad.

Now those of you who 'get it' are more than welcome, one of my best friends is a transplant from Lake Elsinore, salt of the earth guy, we need more like him out here.

riverrunner1984
11-29-2016, 03:03 PM
It's the same thing as with all the various immigrants.

They come to Texas because it's better to them than Cali in some form or another, but then they want to change Texas to make it just as crappy as Cali. I hate hearing from transplants about how nice the weather is out there, or how the scenery is better, or blah blah blah. Go back home if it was so much better, Texas doesn't need you.

We've got the bag crap going on in Dallas, it isn't changing anything, just lining someone else's pockets for a while, until it's time for the next fad.

Now those of you who 'get it' are more than welcome, one of my best friends is a transplant from Lake Elsinore, salt of the earth guy, we need more like him out here.

I would move out there in a heart beat. I am one of the ones that "get it"
Just need to find a job that will pay me around 125-150k a year....lol

I had a buddy move to Houston from LB area and loves it....

HB Vic
11-29-2016, 04:37 PM
One more edit Vic.......waiting vs waving :D:D:D
I suppose all the bag banners didn't read the entire details of the Proposition;)

Ah shit. One of those days errrr weeks lol

spike morelli
11-29-2016, 09:21 PM
Seems we used to have paper bags in the grocery stores. When I was in school, that's what we made our book covers from..I still remember how. I don't remember when it happened, but some group of people decided that the Rain Forests were disappearing because of grocery store paper bags, so they started to charge us 10 cents each for the bags ( I'll bet not one cent actually went to re-cultivate any forest ). Then comes flimsy plastic bags...only to have ANOTHER group of people come along blaming plastics for pollution and choking sea creatures! There is no pleasing special interest groups. If you let them, they will convince you that mother's milk leads to cancer. It's insane. My answer to all the special interest groups....go away and piss off!!!!64753

Offishial Business
11-30-2016, 07:04 AM
Seems we used to have paper bags in the grocery stores. When I was in school, that's what we made our book covers from..I still remember how. I don't remember when it happened, but some group of people decided that the Rain Forests were disappearing because of grocery store paper bags, so they started to charge us 10 cents each for the bags ( I'll bet not one cent actually went to re-cultivate any forest ). Then comes flimsy plastic bags...only to have ANOTHER group of people come along blaming plastics for pollution and choking sea creatures! There is no pleasing special interest groups. If you let them, they will convince you that mother's milk leads to cancer. It's insane. My answer to all the special interest groups....go away and piss off!!!!64753
I agree with they need to go away and pissed off. However the plastic bag as nice and convenient as they are well suck one up in your sea strainer or have one wrap around the intake on yoy lower unit. As well the effect they do have on the environment. Trust me I am no tree hugger.
I say bring back paper bags. Done!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2manymustangs
11-30-2016, 10:34 AM

:hilarious:

Im having a similar debate with my retired UNION SCHOOL TEACHER uncle... I think he went to college in CHITcago with Bill Ayers...

I caught him out mulching his leafs in his yard with a push mower, while he preaches relentlessly at us about MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING... I told him to use a rake, and exercise his shoulders... :D AND reduce his carbon footprint so doing...

2manymustangs
11-30-2016, 10:37 AM

My kids have/had me cover their text books with brown paper (shopping bags), so they can doodle on them, rather than use "store bought book covers"

:thumbsUp:

HB Vic
11-30-2016, 10:46 AM
I miss those brown paper bags too. Now I have to bring my own when I want to drink a 40 on the road LOL

2manymustangs
11-30-2016, 11:20 AM
You can't get a free "sleeve" at the Terrible stores??? WTH??? :cry2:

Grimpala
11-30-2016, 11:29 AM
I would move out there in a heart beat. I am one of the ones that "get it"
Just need to find a job that will pay me around 125-150k a year....lol

I had a buddy move to Houston from LB area and loves it....

Come on out. Your dollar will go a lot farther here, might not 'need' 125 - 150k.

Plenty of lakes in and near the DFW area to keep a boat wet most of the year too. :)

2manymustangs
11-30-2016, 12:26 PM
I effin hate this new law. I would reuse my plastic bags. They became wastebasket liners and dog pop bags when camping. I now pay 10 cents for plastic bags that are so much thicker,but do get holes in them when corners of boxes push thru and they will still be in the dump, ocean, river, lake etc for the next century. They also have nice strong handles to get stuck around whales, dolphins, birds, and other creatures we love. Now I am buying plastic one use bags for my wastebaskets and will most likely use those as dog poop bags too. Yep got to love the dumbasses of CA. Tree huggin liberals.

We do the same Deb, use them for a variety of things and then off to recycle when we are done with them...

314joey
11-30-2016, 03:50 PM
So California is billions of dollars in debt and has a illegal immigration problem and their big concern is plastic bags.....................when I first saw this thread I thought it was about Pelosi and her plastic surgery.

Sorry, back to the bags.

HB Vic
11-30-2016, 04:10 PM
You can't get a free "sleeve" at the Terrible stores??? WTH??? :cry2:

I just buy a empty big gulp cup and roll hahahaha

ChumpChange
11-30-2016, 08:03 PM
I don't know the last time I shopped at a grocery store. I get boxes to put my stuff in. Costco and Sams.

riverrunner1984
12-01-2016, 08:00 AM
I don't know the last time I shopped at a grocery store. I get boxes to put my stuff in. Costco and Sams.

Do you still go to the upland 24?
I haven't seen you around

ChumpChange
12-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Do you still go to the upland 24?
I haven't seen you around

Not very often. Once a month when I have a meeting out there. Moved so I've been going to Glendora location as well as signed up for Crunch as they're just down the street.

riverrunner1984
12-08-2016, 02:32 PM
So I went to hobby lobby at lunch to pick something up. Look what they gave me when I checked out....yep a plastic bag...for free!!! Fuck you CA! http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161208/448e284c960522eaa802b67befde1430.jpg