PDA

View Full Version : Watch "Lions drag strip tribute show at PRICE TRANSFER" on YouTube

LB247XS
10-30-2016, 01:34 PM
https://youtu.be/eL2AE3JITLA

LB247XS
10-30-2016, 04:53 PM
https://youtu.be/eL2AE3JITLA
Just a quick video I took today .it was great to meet you SPIKE MORELI. the hydro is absolutely stunning

spike morelli
10-30-2016, 08:43 PM
Hey 247, good meeting you too! I must clarify that in your video, the first bit of cranking the engine was just to bring the oil pressure up, not a "won't start' crank. Obviously, after that, she gets primed and lights off. Audio on video made the exhausts sound like there was a weird popping going on. Jus' had to defend her, she's a good running engine. However, you'll notice , towards the end, I keep looking at the back of the engine ( actually I was looking at my idler pulley, I thought I saw it jerk once or twice). The mounting bolt was good and tight so a bearing check/replacement is going on tomorrow for the idler, before there is a problem. Note that the rain had driven everybody away. I just said "screw this", and fired it up for a friend who came with. it was a shame the weather wasn't complying with the event, but you and I made it! Car guys have more of a problem with weather, boats, well they kinda get wet anyhow right?

LB247XS
10-30-2016, 09:21 PM
Hey 247, good meeting you too! I must clarify that in your video, the first bit of cranking the engine was just to bring the oil pressure up, not a "won't start' crank. Obviously, after that, she gets primed and lights off. Audio on video made the exhausts sound like there was a weird popping going on. Jus' had to defend her, she's a good running engine. However, you'll notice , towards the end, I keep looking at the back of the engine ( actually I was looking at my idler pulley, I thought I saw it jerk once or twice). The mounting bolt was good and tight so a bearing check/replacement is going on tomorrow for the idler, before there is a problem. Note that the rain had driven everybody away. I just said "screw this", and fired it up for a friend who came with. it was a shame the weather wasn't complying with the event, but you and I made it! Car guys have more of a problem with weather, boats, well they kinda get wet anyhow right?
Oh I know the priming sequence I was just excited to her that beast. The engine sounded excellent it was just so loud it was overpowering the mic on my phone.i was curios when you were checking the pulley while was standing there behind you.im glad you fired the boat off like you said boats get wet and we boat guys are a little different in a better way haha. Keep in touch and again thank you for showing up and great to meet ya