PDA

View Full Version : Trailer or 5th wheel???

riverrunner1984
10-27-2016, 09:37 AM
Starting to look at toy box trailers and 5th wheels.
I am in the market for a 26-30ft and am not sure which type is better.
Looking for bunks in the back with a front sleeper.

No problem with my truck puller either one. I have a long bed 2500 cummins 4x4

Just looking for pros and cons of trailer vs. 5th wheel....

K-034
10-27-2016, 09:59 AM
I had a 5th wheel toy hauler 30ft and my race trailer 32ft which is a regular hitch, the 5th wheel tows way better and is a lot more stable, if you do get a regular hitch, I would highly recommend stabilizer bars it made a huge difference on the race trailer

The Doctor
10-27-2016, 03:00 PM
Just buck up and get both! :D

riverrunner1984
10-28-2016, 07:32 AM
Just buck up and get both! :D

:schreck: that rig is awesome.
So I am guessing the truck has a nice size sleeper and a bathroom?
Is there a kitchenette as well???

The Doctor
10-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Simple lounge I built myself to seat 5 on the road.

Ziggy
10-29-2016, 12:34 PM
I got a 30' 5'er, used to have a 40'er. Much more stable, especially in winds. Nice private bedroom and most, if not all, have rear bunks and two side bunks(sofa&table fold downs).
Easier to maneuver and back in, etc.

riverrunner1984
10-29-2016, 01:50 PM
I've been looking and it seems most 5th wheels are in the high 30ft-40ft range...
I do want the rear bunks and side beds but most important is the front private sleeper...
Still looking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milkmoney
10-31-2016, 07:21 PM
For towing purpose , 5th wheel all day long over bumper pull and you could even make ur 5th wheel better, by getting the adapter to make it a goose neck , which also allows you you jus have a ball in the bed of truck, giving you more room in the bed ,

Jus my opinion, from towing cattle and horses and other farm animals and I also converted my 5th wheel over to gooseneck.

[emoji202]

The Doctor
10-31-2016, 09:14 PM
Listen to him ^ about converting away from that bulky 5th Wheel hitch. I use a goose-neck ball for both trailers and it's soooooo nice.

HB Vic
10-31-2016, 09:21 PM
Hey what's up Milky

riverrunner1984
11-01-2016, 08:27 AM
For towing purpose , 5th wheel all day long over bumper pull and you could even make ur 5th wheel better, by getting the adapter to make it a goose neck , which also allows you you jus have a ball in the bed of truck, giving you more room in the bed ,

Jus my opinion, from towing cattle and horses and other farm animals and I also converted my 5th wheel over to gooseneck.

[emoji202]

Listen to him ^ about converting away from that bulky 5th Wheel hitch. I use a goose-neck ball for both trailers and it's soooooo nice.

That is really go to know.
The previous owner of my truck had a goose neck receiver already put in my truck.
I guess he used to haul horses....Also got the electrical receiver in the bed as well.

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Milkmoney
11-02-2016, 05:48 PM

Hey what's up Milky

That is really go to know.
The previous owner of my truck had a goose neck receiver already put in my truck.
I guess he used to haul horses....Also got the electrical receiver in the bed as well.

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Lol. Me being logical and stuff.

Hey Vic. Same old stuff

Glad it's some good info for ya. If you do go this route , u will never go to a 5th wheel hitch. Also : add that u don't get any slop or play with gooseneck. Hence why farmers use it, to try and give the smoothest ride to their prize winning cow [emoji12][emoji106][emoji41][emoji202]

jordy
11-03-2016, 09:45 PM

[emoji202]

Ed Zachary! I talked a few of my buddies into going that route and they haven't looked back. The only issue is, now if they need something moved and don't have a truck, I get the call because I have a gooseneck too. Just my luck.

I'd also look at bigger than you think you need. Much like 3 foot-itis in boats, the same seems to occur with trailers and motorhomes. Just a few more feet and you'll be good until next season.