PDA

View Full Version : Www.hotboat.com - sold

HB Vic
09-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Yes you read that correctly. The website has been sold. The new owners have committed to keep things pretty much the same as they have been since I brought the site back to life in 2012. Hard to believe its been that long.

Its been an amazing journey and I am very grateful to all of those who have contributed to the site over these past almost 4 years, I cannot thank you enough.

The transfer will take several weeks and hopefully will be transparent to all of you.

This is not something I wanted to do, but under the circumstances it was something that had to be done.

I have committed to stick around for awhile (where else am I going to go lol), and hopefully they will let me keep my screen name. I have also committed to continue to cover boating events, races, shows, etc. as I have done over the past 4 years (maybe I'll actually get paid now).

My only regret is not having the time or money to make this iconic website great again. Hopefully Broadview & our new President will be able to accomplish that. (I'm kinda looking forward to not having to be PC anymore hahaha)

The new owners may or may not introduce themselves, as I mentioned, they wish to be fairly transparent. I can't tell you how the moderator thing is going to work, but I'm sure in the near future this will all be discussed.

I wish Broadview the best of luck and look forward to remaining a part of this website for years to come.

Thank you all once again.

Vic

2manymustangs
09-08-2016, 10:08 AM
WOW, kudos HB... Please be sure to stick around and keep us in touch with Catalina/Berth 55/Parker goings on... :)

THanks so much for the years of comeradery/friendship/support of the races...

I think it's GREAT, the level of interest/support you have shown over the years to the circle races/drag boat races... :action-smiley-035:

HB Vic
09-08-2016, 10:13 AM
WOW, kudos HB... Please be sure to stick around and keep us in touch with Catalina/Berth 55/Parker goings on... :)

THanks so much for the years of comeradery/friendship/support of the races...

I think it's GREAT, the level of interest/support you have shown over the years to the circle races/drag boat races... :action-smiley-035:

Bittersweet really. Thank you for the kind words and for being a good friend. I'm not going anywhere, I doubt I'd be welcome anywhere else anyway lol. Hope to see you in October with my other bodyguard lol

2manymustangs
09-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Bittersweet really. Thank you for the kind words and for being a good friend. I'm not going anywhere, I doubt I'd be welcome anywhere else anyway lol. Hope to see you in October with my other bodyguard lol

I will know by Saturday or Sunday if things went well and IF I will be up to heading out for the races... :)

G-Rah
09-08-2016, 03:33 PM
What? Wow didn't see that coming. Best of luck and wishes always! Glad you're sticking around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HB Vic
09-08-2016, 04:12 PM
What? Wow didn't see that coming. Best of luck and wishes always! Glad you're sticking around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Its been in the works for awhile, just didn't advertise it lol.

Like I said, bittersweet because I did not want to get rid of it. Unfortunately there are people out there who are taking pleasure in this. To them I say, pound sand, you'll get yours eventually LOL

Hopefully the new Inn keepers will spruce up the place a little. Maybe hang some new curtains, polish the knobs on the sinks and maybe throw some cash around and stir up some action.

riverrunner1984
09-09-2016, 08:11 AM
Holy Shit I just saw this......
Sorry to hear this but glad you will be sticking around...
Hoping the new owners/moderators are as cool as you were/are.

Still looking forward to all the pics you take at the events you cover!
Cheers! :beer

Mrs.K034
09-09-2016, 06:20 PM
[emoji20] glad you're not going anywhere, Vic! Some people! Grrrrrr [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

314joey
09-10-2016, 05:54 AM
Congrats, if they won't let you keep your screen name, you can always go with Vicboat...........................have fun on you next adventure.

I hope they come on and give us an idea what's in store for the site.

HB Vic
09-10-2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks guys. Fortunately the new people are extremely cool and want me to hang around for awhile, actually, it was a requirement but I don't want to go anywhere anyway, so it worked out.

Kind of the best of both worlds for me. I had to sell it, but I get to stay. That probably pisses someone off, but who cares LOL

314joey
09-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Vic, please tell the new folks we love "hotboat swag"

HB Vic
09-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Vic, please tell the new folks we love "hotboat swag"

Definitely one of the things that I lagged on. Once all the paperwork is done and they get in to the swing, I'm sure they'll be working I that.

I still have a ton of stuff left too [emoji16]

2manymustangs
12-10-2016, 08:12 AM
I got to meet with the new owners last week while in Boisie ID, real nice folks... AND very much into high performance boating!!!

I'm looking forward to 2017 and the new virtual faces that will be joining... :party1:

HB Vic
12-10-2016, 08:28 AM
I got to meet with the new owners last week while in Boisie ID, real nice folks... AND very much into high performance boating!!!

I'm looking forward to 2017 and the new virtual faces that will be joining... :party1:

Well I'm jealous. Still haven't met them in person. But I did get a Christmas card from them [emoji51]

2manymustangs
12-13-2016, 08:49 AM
Well I'm jealous. Still haven't met them in person. But I did get a Christmas card from them [emoji51]

Well, if you ever get off of the ROCK... :action-smiley-069: