PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma in dogs

HB Vic
08-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Our dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma. He had a bad cough, took him to the vet a couple weeks ago, Vet said he had pneumonia and his lymph nodes were swollen. Fast forward to yesterday. Vet tested his lymph nodes and confirmed cancer.

He sees a oncologist Tuesday.

It's been 30+ years since I've owned a dog. I used to have two. This little guy has grown on me over the past year or so and now it looks like his days are numbered.

Tears me apart really. What a fucked up thing to do to a dog who does nothing but give you love and companionship.

I'm hearing chemo might extend his time by a year or several. I've also heard dogs take chemo much better than humans.

Anyone been through this??

Yeah that's me, a very rare picture around here [emoji16] and Biggy [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

314joey
08-20-2016, 07:00 AM
Bummer, I hate to hear that, but I can send you to someone who might be able to help or at least answer some of your questions, my Wife Terri works with a animal behaviorist/veterinarian technician, she's out West in California, I attached a link to her web-site, go the "Dear Shannon" and ask her what's best for your doggie, she's great, you won't be sorry.

He's a cute little guy, good luck.

https://trulyforcefree.com/

HB Vic
08-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Bummer, I hate to hear that, but I can send you to someone who might be able to help or at least answer some of your questions, my Wife Terri works with a animal behaviorist/veterinarian technician, she's out West in California, I attached a link to her web-site, go the "Dear Shannon" and ask her what's best for your doggie, she's great, you won't be sorry.

He's a cute little guy, good luck.

https://trulyforcefree.com/

Sucks for sure. We've only had him for a year and a half or so, but man do you get attached so quick.

I'll check out the link, thank you!!

Mrs.K034
08-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Wow, Vic. I'm so sorry to hear this [emoji26] IMO I don't think I'd put him through the treatment, but that's a hard decision to make. Idk. [emoji55]

HB Vic
08-20-2016, 05:13 PM
Wow, Vic. I'm so sorry to hear this [emoji26] IMO I don't think I'd put him through the treatment, but that's a hard decision to make. Idk. [emoji55]

We're here now. His treatment starts today. Fingers crossed [emoji20]

Mrs.K034
08-20-2016, 05:21 PM
We're here now. His treatment starts today. Fingers crossed [emoji20]

We will keep them crossed!! This is sad. Keep us posted buddy!

HB Vic
08-20-2016, 07:47 PM
Chemo round one done. He has stage 4 lymphoma. We don't know which lymphoma but it doesn't matter, the treatment is the same. Hoping for the best.

JohnnyRotten
08-21-2016, 03:59 AM
Good luck Biggy!

Max, Simon and Joey wish you a happy remission. :thumbup:

2manymustangs
08-21-2016, 06:09 AM
Very sad news sir... :(

With regard to advice/connections in this area, UncleDave MIGHT have some connections in this immediate area... I will ping him...

redant
08-21-2016, 07:35 AM
So sorry to read this. I have lost 3 dogs to cancer. Seems like the dogs don't show signs of being sick until they are very sick. Wish you and your doggie all the best and hope for a miracle. It tears me apart every time I lose one of our dogs.

Uncle Dave
08-21-2016, 11:31 AM
awww man....

Let me make some calls....

Dave

HB Vic
08-21-2016, 11:41 AM
awww man....

Let me make some calls....

Dave

He's being treated at the Veterniary Cancer Group of OC. So far he seems to be okay. I have the duty today at the gf is working. He's also on steroids and some anti nausea meds, but so far hasn't needed it.

Uncle Dave
08-21-2016, 12:13 PM
Wifes a full time mobile groomer (has an awesome sprinter) -we've had 4 clients spend between 5 and 15K trying to save their pets in the same condition and no one was really saved.

Best advice is to have a great time while you are together and find and worthy rescue that needs your compassion and loving home.

Steroids are best bang for buck and work for a while.

Sorry man.

UD

HB Vic
08-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Wifes a full time mobile groomer (has an awesome sprinter) -we've had 4 clients spend between 5 and 15K trying to save their pets in the same condition and no one was really saved.

Best advice is to have a great time while you are together and find and worthy rescue that needs your compassion and loving home.

Steroids are best bang for buck and work for a while.

Sorry man.

UD

Thanks UD. It does seem like his lymph nodes have gone down quite a bit in just one day.

Hoping for the best.

Mrs.K034
08-27-2016, 09:14 AM
Hey Vic, how's Biggie feeling today??

HB Vic
08-27-2016, 09:20 AM
Hey Vic, how's Biggie feeling today??

He seems better today. You can tell he has that taste in his mouth [emoji16] he's on anti nausea meds though for that.

Hasn't puked which is good [emoji1360]

Mrs.K034
08-27-2016, 09:22 AM
He seems better today. You can tell he has that taste in his mouth [emoji16] he's on anti nausea meds though for that.

Hasn't puked which is good [emoji1360]

Poor baby. [emoji25]

HB Vic
08-27-2016, 09:34 AM
Poor baby. [emoji25]

Yesterday after chemo

Mrs.K034
08-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Yesterday after chemo

He looks to tired and so cute at the same time!

HB Vic
09-08-2016, 07:29 AM
Well I think the chemo finally kicked in [emoji20]

Mrs.K034
09-08-2016, 08:54 AM
[emoji26]

HB Vic
09-08-2016, 09:46 AM
[emoji26]

He was actually more upset with himself that he shit all over the carpet lol. He's never ever done that before.

Poor dog

Mrs.K034
09-08-2016, 11:40 AM
He was actually more upset with himself that he shit all over the carpet lol. He's never ever done that before.

Poor dog

Poor baby!

Mrs.K034
09-10-2016, 11:51 AM
Hey Vic, is Biggie feeling any better?

HB Vic
09-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Hey Vic, is Biggie feeling any better?

He's doing much better this week. The chemo pills they gave him really jacked him up. And he really jacked up the carpet lol. But it's all cleaned up now and they're not giving him the pills anymore. He takes the injections and IV much better.

This was after his treatment yesterday. It really wipes him out for awhile. But today he seems fine.

If the cancer comes back and/or he stops bouncing back from the treatments, we'll let him go. But so far so good and there is always a chance it won't come back.

We're hopeful [emoji4]

Mrs.K034
09-10-2016, 12:19 PM
He's doing much better this week. The chemo pills they gave him really jacked him up. And he really jacked up the carpet lol. But it's all cleaned up now and they're not giving him the pills anymore. He takes the injections and IV much better.

This was after his treatment yesterday. It really wipes him out for awhile. But today he seems fine.

If the cancer comes back and/or he stops bouncing back from the treatments, we'll let him go. But so far so good and there is always a chance it won't come back.

We're hopeful [emoji4]

[emoji7] he's so precious!