PDA

View Full Version : California auto titles/transfer of ownership

2manymustangs
08-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Hey yallllllll, I need some insight into what is required for the state of california when I transfer ownership of two older vehicles (donating one to a relative for $1 and one to the church for $1)...

Notarized bill of sale OR just the title signed by my FIL?

ANY input is most appreciated... :thumbsUp:

HB Vic
08-19-2016, 01:08 PM
Signed title is all you need but a bill of sale won't hurt. Do they run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2manymustangs
08-19-2016, 01:17 PM
Signed title is all you need but a bill of sale won't hurt. Do they run?

yeeeeeeeeep, mini van is spoken for... the other is a turd but low miles and runs good...

HB Vic
08-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Whatcha got?

314joey
08-19-2016, 01:28 PM
I'd just leave the door unlocked with the keys in it and then come back and collect the insurance.......................lmao

2manymustangs
08-20-2016, 05:35 PM
Whatcha got?

1998 ford contour with 52k actual miles driven by a little old lady from Pasadena on Sundays to church...

I think it was Eason that used to call it the clown car...

HB Vic
08-20-2016, 05:44 PM
1998 ford contour with 52k actual miles driven by a little old lady from Pasadena on Sundays to church...

I think it was Eason that used to call it the clown car...

I know someone who may want it if you're selling it

RogerThat99
08-27-2016, 07:51 AM
go to the CA DMV website and fill out a release of liability form also. Keep a copy for yourself.

HB Vic
08-27-2016, 08:41 AM
go to the CA DMV website and fill out a release of liability form also. Keep a copy for yourself.

Rogerthat!

2manymustangs
08-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Rogerthat!

Roger roger, whats the vector victor??? ;)

Minivan was transferred yesterday with no issues, seems that if you are a AAA customer they have a concierge service to handle stuff like that...

SAY, do you get to keep your old tags in California when you sell a vehicle??? The cousin that got the minivan said that they/she had to turn in the old tag (which I wanted)........???????

I'm back in MO now as of 5pm...

HolyMoly
08-29-2016, 11:43 AM
I'm looking for a car for my oldest son who just got his permit. A good running turd sounds perfect. PM what you want for it.

You can keep the plates. If they are personalized, you actually have to keep the plates.

2manymustangs
08-31-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm looking for a car for my oldest son who just got his permit. A good running turd sounds perfect. PM what you want for it.

You can keep the plates. If they are personalized, you actually have to keep the plates.

we think we are going to leave it at the house for now, until we get a feel for how long it will take to sell the house in LB...

there are a few things going on with the car that make me nervous about selling it so we were leaning toward donating it to get a little tax write off... 1998 ford contour with 53k miles... I think that we put 25k or more of the miles on driving up to Malibu and down to SanDiego/Oceanside...