PDA

View Full Version : Lavey Craft 29 vacuum Bagging...

Uncle Dave
08-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Very laborious intense process.

Takes tons of prep and work even with 12 hands - but the result is a lighter stronger boat.

UD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID95JyOrVOY&feature=youtu.be

HB Vic
08-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Thats intense. I've seen it before, but it never gets old.

I don't suppose there are any books, instructions manuals, or white papers on how to do this properly?

Uncle Dave
08-15-2016, 05:56 PM
Thats intense. I've seen it before, but it never gets old.

I don't suppose there are any books, instructions manuals, or white papers on how to do this properly?

I've seen some small parts bagging on youtube, but the instructions never "really" tell you what to do and how to handle issue that may arise.

I know if you do it wrong at this stage you blow the whole build and start over.

UD

2manymustangs
08-15-2016, 07:04 PM
I've had the fortune of watching my cousin do some glass and carbon fiber layups/vacuum bagging. He/they use PVA (Poly Vinyl Acetate) material which can be shaped easily to fit the mould and the edges can be layered/sealed together to actually make a true bag...

The demo my cousin showed was how UN-uniform about 5 layers of cloth are when worked by hand versus the same amount put under vacuum... The "bagged" part was considerably thinner and VERY uniform in thickness in comparison...

Cool video Uncle...