PDA

View Full Version : Official 2013 MLB Thread

GotHalos
12-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Some big news today, Angels sign Hamilton. 5 years $125 mil.
Thoughts? Who is your team and what are you looking forward to?

HB Vic
12-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Hide the Chiba :D

3pairs12
12-13-2012, 05:24 PM
I doubt he has another five yrs in him. While playing for the Rangers he was out injured fairly often.
He is hack of a ball player when he is healthy though

GotHalos
12-13-2012, 05:33 PM
I doubt he has another five yrs in him. While playing for the Rangers he was out injured fairly often.
He is hack of a ball player when he is healthy though

I agree, one thing i think will help him is Trout running down anything close to him in center. I'm hoping he leaves all his extra baggage in Texas.

3pairs12
12-13-2012, 05:38 PM
I imagine he probably will leave most of his baggage here. Hopefully they have a good handler for him.
Yeah Trout should definitely be a help.
What I can't figure out is what are the Rangers planning? Freeing up alot of payroll. Hopefully they don't miss the boat.

Stainless
12-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Lunch at Chase field today from TGIF's.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/14/uzytuvap.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotHalos
12-13-2012, 07:24 PM
I imagine he probably will leave most of his baggage here. Hopefully they have a good handler for him.
Yeah Trout should definitely be a help.
What I can't figure out is what are the Rangers planning? Freeing up alot of payroll. Hopefully they don't miss the boat.

We can only hope. I'm thinking CJ had a lot to do with it as well, since he lives sober and is good friends with Josh. Daniels is definitely a little worried now. No Young, Annibal or Dempster. The Angels have positioned themselves to be the team to beat in the West. Only time will tell how it really plays out.
Look for Albert to have a normal Albert start and I'm thinking Josh will settle in right behind him. What the Halos are missing is a clubhouse leader.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GotHalos
12-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Lunch at Chase field today from TGIF's.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/14/uzytuvap.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Chase is one of my favorite places out there. Trading Bauer was a little shocking but the more I think about it the more I can see why they did it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GotHalos
12-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Another move for the Halos today, Morales for Jason Vargas. Personally speaking I think its a good move. Although Morales seemed to find himself in the latter half of the year, Vargas is a solid 3-4 starter posting a 3.85 ERA with 5.8 K/9, 2.3 BB/9 and a 40.2% ground ball rate. What will also help in the off-season, IF he puts up good numbers, is the fact that he's local as he went to Long Beach State with Weaver. Good to see the Angels focusing on all aspects of the game this year, and not showing trust in Richards or Jerome is a good move I think. The depth will be there when they're needed.

The Angels are looking solid from almost every angle this year. They have shored up the bullpen with Madsen and Burnett. Hopefully Madsen can regain his form and become what he used to be, a lock down closer. Ernie will be a solid setup man I think alongside Burnett who can also put away the right hander.

Trout,Pujols,Hamilton, Trumbo (if he shows pre-all star form) will be one of the best 1-3-4-5 in the game.

On the defensive side, the Angels have a gold-glove caliber starter at almost every position. Trumbo projects as a DH as it sits now.
Of course all of this relies on everyone staying healthy, which did NOT happen last year. Only time will tell, as it always does, but one thing that can be said for sure is it will be an exciting season.

So what's going on with your team? Thoughts? Projections? Let's hear it. Nothing like some good banter to get ready for the best time of the year. :D