PDA

View Full Version : 1972 Tahiti-Information needed

Jeepsterman13
05-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a 1972 Tahiti, I am needing help with the type of jet that is on the boat. The person I bought the boat from said it was a generation-one Berkley??? No one I know has ever heard of that? Have any of you? Has anyone seen this type of jet? Do you know what the side plates are for?624196242062421

rioracr
05-16-2016, 07:43 PM
could be just another opening to unplug the impeler if it plugs up or gets a rope sucked up, since that end of the jet sits in the water pull the covers off and take a look, other than that you can check with your local boat dealer or builder........

K-034
05-17-2016, 01:11 PM
It looks like you have a Berkely JC pump, but that bowl is like nothing I've ever seen before, but keep in mind these things originated from irrigation pumps used on farms, so it might be a first generation pump based off of something used commercially, you can always find a regular JC bowl on ebay or craigslist, those thing are a dime a dozen, but if the boat go's, and you have fun with it, screw it I would just run it,

P.S.- welcome to Hot Boat
:welcome:

2manymustangs
05-17-2016, 02:47 PM
I like the Tahiti hulls, lets see some photos of your project por favor :D