PDA

View Full Version : WEll..... He's gone.....

2manymustangs
04-21-2016, 11:08 AM
I pray that somewhere along his journey he came to know Christ as his Lord and Savior...

"Prince, a dizzylingly prolific multi-instrumentalist and virtuosic performer, was found dead at his home and recording studio in Minnesota early on Thursday, his publicist, Yvette Noel-Schure, told The Hollywood Reporter. He was 57.

Deputies are on scene at Paisley Park in Chanhassen conducting a death investigation currently, authorities said. No further details were immediately available and the cause of death is not being released at this time.

The performer was born Prince Rogers Nelson June 7, 1958, in Minneapolis, Minn."

https://youtu.be/F8BMm6Jn6oU

JohnnyRotten
04-21-2016, 12:24 PM
I pray that somewhere along his journey he came to know Christ as his Lord and Savior...

His treatment of those around him makes me think so, he was a gentle /private man in many ways.

A friend of mine got to perform with him on stage back in March while playing a Ray Charles tribute..... the Purple One decided to just pop in unannounced.

ChumpChange
04-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Purple Rain!

HB Vic
04-21-2016, 02:18 PM
RIP ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toolman
04-21-2016, 04:43 PM
I underestimated Prince way back when until I heard him do the guitar work in Purple Rain. Holy crap, he could play that thing!!! He will be missed.

spike morelli
04-21-2016, 06:11 PM
I can't say I was ever a fan of Prince, or the artist formerly known as Prince. His act didn't really speak to me and I've never bought any of Prince's music. That being said, I do appreciate his guitar work even though it's just not my thing, and I'm sure he passed before his time.

riverrunner1984
04-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Sad....looking more and more like an OD....

HB Vic
04-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Sad....looking more and more like an OD....

That's too bad what a sad deal

2manymustangs
04-22-2016, 05:52 AM
As a people we need to learn, learn, continue to learn from history/mistakes/success of those around us and our founding fathers/framers/grandparents/icons...

I just pray that even ONE young person can quit opiates OR not start as a lesson from his passing IF that is what Prince died from...

We have lost tooo much as a nation from substance abuse/opiates... I tear up every time I hear a Sublime song, thinking "what if he was still here"...

314joey
04-22-2016, 06:04 AM
Guy was a class act................RIP

riverrunner1984
04-22-2016, 06:40 AM
As a people we need to learn, learn, continue to learn from history/mistakes/success of those around us and our founding fathers/framers/grandparents/icons...

I just pray that even ONE young person can quit opiates OR not start as a lesson from his passing IF that is what Prince died from...

We have lost tooo much as a nation from substance abuse/opiates... I tear up every time I hear a Sublime song, thinking "what if he was still here"...

Yep looks like opies for sure. Def a sad deal. All these great artists on drugs. One of my favs that died was Janis Joplin....

2manymustangs
04-22-2016, 06:59 AM
Anyone remember this scene from the movie?

https://youtu.be/Ryq4H6c0dqE