PDA

View Full Version : Limiting Site Access to Guests

HB Vic
08-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Since our inception we have been running an open site in regard to viewing content. That means anyone can access (view) pretty much all content that gets posted. However, "guests" cannot post. In order to actually post you must login with your user name and password.

I think the time has come to limit/restrict viewing content or posts to actual members of the site. Flipping this switch will require you to login to view the site content.

I've been against doing this as restricting access can turn people away if they do not desire to become a member and login.

But I think we're at a point where this probably won't make much of a difference lol. Those who login and post will not be affected. Even those who login and don't post won't be affected. This will only affect the true lurkers and/or those who do not wish to sign up.

But I thought I'd throw this out there for your comments. What do you all think??

314joey
08-28-2015, 11:05 AM
Throw the switch baby

Eli
08-28-2015, 06:11 PM
That's a fantastic idea!!! You should throw the switch!

Sent from my newly renovated Batcave using TapaSTALK

Happiness is worth the fight!

cdnoutlaw
08-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Let's keep our content for our members, if anyone else wants to know what we are up to, sign up and check us out.we can welcome them aboard

HolyMoly
08-29-2015, 09:39 PM
I don't care one way or the other. But what is the reasoning for limiting access?

HB Vic
08-29-2015, 10:02 PM
We get a lot of guests daily. Would be nice to see them sign up and maybe even participate a little here and there. Encouragement maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrDenton
08-29-2015, 10:37 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/29/86bbbc97c9a242d253bd419c0ff00e63.jpg
Flip it!!!!

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”