PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Boats is being sold

niceguyeddie
12-06-2012, 01:23 AM
I heard that Cobra is getting sold for $720,000. Anyone else hear of anything? I wish whoever the news owners are the best.

GRADS2112
12-06-2012, 02:38 AM
I would think at this point and time they are essentially just buying the molds as I have not seen Cobra turn out a new boat in a few years.

ChumpChange
12-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Interesting. Give me a few hours.

Slacker
12-06-2012, 09:29 AM
If this in fact is true, I sure hope someone brings them back to life. They sure are Very Nice Quality Boats!!

John
12-06-2012, 09:47 AM
tell the truth...did you buy the molds and are you planning to bring Cobra back? Lets start the rumor mill today. ;-)

niceguyeddie
12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I know someone involved in the transaction. It's not just the molds, it's the entire business.

GRADS2112
12-06-2012, 08:35 PM
It's not just the molds, it's the entire business.
So basically just the molds. ;)

niceguyeddie
12-06-2012, 09:09 PM
They have a store, employees, service shop and current lease.

niceguyeddie
12-06-2012, 09:20 PM

Wendi
12-06-2012, 10:52 PM
I bought it suckas!!

GRADS2112
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM

What is that?

ChumpChange
12-06-2012, 11:13 PM
What is that?

Listing sheet.

GotHalos
12-06-2012, 11:21 PM
So who is it? Canadians?

76Bonneville
12-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Chinese

WMC
12-07-2012, 10:03 AM
I bought it suckas!!

I think someone started Fireball Friday on Thursday:grief:

Spam
12-08-2012, 08:49 AM
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bod/3395609217.html

GRADS2112
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
What's the deal with this? Is Cobra boats for sale or not?

niceguyeddie
12-11-2012, 01:10 AM
What's the deal with this? Is Cobra boats for sale or not?

I hear rumors that another site owner called Hernando and Hernando said it wasn't for sale. However if it's not for sale, why would it be listed for sale on a commercial real estate multiple listing service.

That other site owner could be full of shit.

ChumpChange
12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I hear rumors that another site owner called Hernando and Hernando said it wasn't for sale. However if it's not for sale, why would it be listed for sale on a commercial real estate multiple listing service.

Yes he is. Read carefully as it's all in the semantics. Some people hate being the second to have the goods, especially when self touted to be the source, so when they are in last place on information, they state it a different way to make it look like they have the actual breaking news.

Nice job on breaking the story!

Slacker
12-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Yeah,,,,, Then that other Commie site deleted the whole thread.

Slacker
12-11-2012, 09:39 AM

X2

niceguyeddie
12-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Yes he is. Read carefully as it's all in the semantics. Some people hate being the second to have the goods, especially when self touted to be the source, so when they are in last place on information, they state it a different way to make it look like they have the actual breaking news.

Nice job on breaking the story!

Thanks lol!

Yea tell me about it. I awoke this am to some really "friendly" pms regarding this issue. God forbid I actually post something boating related on a boating website. If the information I posted is bullshit, then how about Hernando come tell me for himself.

Boy, It was fun back in the day but I am just fucking sick of the drama!!!!

WMC
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
This is a drama free site. Got pm from this site or other?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

HB Vic
12-11-2012, 03:22 PM
These threads usually go sideways.

Just like this one is.

Please understand, there are people on here who own Cobras. If I were an owner I wouldn't want someone starting a negative thread about my boat. Maybe it wasn't intended to be negative or maybe the follow up posts turned it negative. Either way I'm not sure any good could come from it.

So please keep it factual or keep it positive. Fair enough?

niceguyeddie
12-11-2012, 03:33 PM

Just like this one is.

Please understand, there are people on here who own Cobras. If I were an owner I wouldn't want someone starting a negative thread about my boat. Maybe it wasn't intended to be negative or maybe the follow up posts turned it negative. Either way I'm not sure any good could come from it.

It wasn't intended to be negative. In fact, I wished them success!

I was wondering if anyone one else had any more information as to the buyer. I was curious if it was another mgf, past mfg or?

The half dozen pm's I've received on various sites are going to be left private.

As far as keeping is factual:

I posted a copy of the advertisement from the Multiple Listing Service.

As far as keeping it positive:

I wished the new owners good luck.

Sorry if some owners get bent out of shape over a thread. I own an Ultra and over the years I have watched JW take more abuse than any other mfg over the infused hulls and the WCF boat. JW handled his own and I'm sure Cobra can do the same if the info I posted was incorrect.

Slacker
12-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Just like this one is.

Actually I believe that the Cobras are the Top of the Line in custom boats. But they are the ones that did put the listing out there for everyone to see and it was just being reported as it was listed. I didn't see anything negative about what the thread as intended. I would never would like to see Cobra being listed since they do make one Hell of a Boat!!! The facts are that Cobra did put the listing out there, fact that one boating site deleted the thread pertaining Cobra was up for sale, fact that another boating site stated that they had talked to Cobra and it wasn't for sale. Thats about it,,,,,,,,,,Good Luck to Cobra they are an elite in the custom boats!

Mitch
12-12-2012, 04:32 AM
Good job cub reporter Eddie / congrats to Wendi on her new venture ....

WMC
12-12-2012, 07:25 AM

Wendi must of found alot of cash and didn't say anything to me

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Wendi
12-12-2012, 07:37 AM

Mitch that was my alter ego talking after a few too many fireballs.

Mitch
12-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Mitch that was my alter ego talking after a few too many fireballs.

LMAO .... Better save some for the NY festivities ...... WMC Rumor has it she paid cash 100 dollars bills ?