PDA

View Full Version : What's a good age

Eli
08-06-2015, 06:27 PM
To start teaching kids how to waterski or wakeboard? My friend has a 7 year old who snow skies competitively but I hate the snow so I'm hoping an introduction to water sports may get them hooked and me out of going to Mammoth. HELP!!!

Sent from my newly renovated Bat Cave using Tapastalk

HB Vic
08-06-2015, 06:57 PM
To start teaching kids how to waterski or wakeboard? My friend has a 7 year old who snow skies competitively but I hate the snow so I'm hoping an introduction to water sports may get them hooked and me out of going to Mammoth. HELP!!!

How old do you need to be to teach a 7yr old? 8 or older I would think [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli
08-06-2015, 07:07 PM
How old do you need to be to teach a 7yr old? 8 or older I would think [emoji23]

Hahaha! You're so funny...goodball lol

HB Vic
08-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Hahaha! You're so funny...goodball lol

Thanks I think. Never been called a goodball before lol

rioracr
08-07-2015, 07:23 AM
most people start their kids as soon as they want to try................:thumbsUp:

Eli
08-07-2015, 08:38 AM
most people start their kids as soon as they want to try................:thumbsUp:

Perfect! Now I have to work on getting dad on board...then we can work on the son. I'm pretty persuasive [emoji16][emoji56]

Ziggy
08-07-2015, 08:46 AM

Once you turn 40 you should be plenty old enough to teach them ;)
:D

Eli
08-07-2015, 08:47 AM
Once you turn 40 you should be plenty old enough to teach them ;)
:D

You guys are all such comedians lol [emoji23][emoji23]

Would you let your 7 year old try water skiing or Wakeboarding? If your adult kids were still 7.

Ziggy
08-07-2015, 09:19 AM
You guys are all such comedians lol [emoji23][emoji23]

Would you let your 7 year old try water skiing or Wakeboarding? If your adult kids were still 7.

I was simply dissecting a question like a lawyer would. ;):)

Yes, but we mostly knee boarded.
I'm taking my 7 and 9 yr old grandkids this coming week. :action-smiley-035:

Eli
08-07-2015, 09:39 AM
I was simply dissecting a question like a lawyer would. ;):)

Yes, but we mostly knee boarded.
I'm taking my 7 and 9 yr old grandkids this coming week. :action-smiley-035:

Are you taking them kneeboarding?

I guess I can suggest it and have every option available lol...I really hate the snow. [emoji57]

Ziggy
08-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Are you taking them kneeboarding?

I guess I can suggest it and have every option available lol...I really hate the snow. [emoji57]

Tubing for sure...not sure I have the patience to do the boarding stuff this time around..lol

Eli
08-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Tubing for sure...not sure I have the patience to do the boarding stuff this time around..lol

Lol this time around that's cute.

Just talked to dad and he said he use to waterski and he wants to wakeboard and his son would probably enjoy that too! Phew!

Ziggy
08-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Lol this time around that's cute.

Just talked to dad and he said he use to waterski and he wants to wakeboard and his son would probably enjoy that too! Phew!

If he can snowski then he will be able to waterski once he masters getting up. Its much easier for small peeps to get up on the skis so he'll most likely be showing you in short order. .lol

Eli
08-07-2015, 11:53 AM
If he can snowski then he will be able to waterski once he masters getting up. Its much easier for small peeps to get up on the skis so he'll most likely be showing you in short order. .lol

Yea he skis double black diamonds at 7 [emoji57]

314joey
08-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Any age......... we started our kids out tubing around 3 and then skiing 6-7, .....the younger the better.

Sharp shooter
08-07-2015, 04:03 PM
We started water skiing at 5.

Mrs.K034
08-07-2015, 09:24 PM
I started at around 5 or 6. Our kids don't ski, but the boys wake and knee board and the youngest started at about three and oldest about 4. I think it depends on how comfortable the kid is with water. Our kids are fish. Lol.