PDA

View Full Version : Geek talk......

2manymustangs
07-14-2015, 06:38 AM
Mozilla: All Versions of Adobe Flash Now Blocked From Firefox Browser by Default, Company Says
Firefox executive Mark Schmidt announced the change Monday in a social media post. He said the browser is blocking the platform due to security vulnerabilities.

I wonder if this is why Apple/MAC has been so distanced from FLASH over the years...

From WIKI:

"Thoughts on Flash"[edit]
On April 29, 2010, Steve Jobs, the co-founder and chief executive officer of Apple Inc.,[1] published an open letter called "Thoughts on Flash" explaining why Apple would not allow Flash on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. He cited the rapid energy consumption, poor performance on mobile devices, abysmal security, lack of touch support, and desire to avoid "a third party layer of software coming between the platform and the developer". He touched on the idea of Flash being "open", claiming that "By almost any definition, Flash is a closed system".[2] Jobs tried to dismiss the idea that Apple customers are missing out by being sold devices without Flash compatibility. He quoted a number of statistics and concluded with "Flash is no longer necessary to watch video or consume any kind of web content."[2]

C-2
07-17-2015, 01:39 PM
I wondered why Adobe had that big patch yesterday.

When hackers get hacked and their tools are released into the wild...guess it makes everybody a little nervous, lol.

Mozilla has sucked ass for a while now, they are flagging way too many legit sites as untrusted, including many county government sites.

Sorry 2MM - Chrome it is!

2manymustangs
07-17-2015, 01:42 PM
I wondered why Adobe had that big patch yesterday.

When hackers get hacked and their tools are released into the wild...guess it makes everybody a little nervous, lol.

Mozilla has sucked ass for a while now, they are flagging way too many legit sites as untrusted, including many county government sites.

Sorry 2MM - Chrome it is!

my vision quest... kick GOOGLE to the curb, they know too mucho... they are tooo dangerous... ;)

C-2
07-17-2015, 01:55 PM
my vision quest... kick GOOGLE to the curb, they know too mucho... they are tooo dangerous... ;)

Maybe, but we all bought into it and now there's no turning back.

The more I learn about privacy and anonymity, the more I am convinced it's a futile effort to adhere to both. Just not possible in day to day life.

So with that said, I would rather have my services with Google since they do a good job at protecting our info from the most omnious threat out there - other users.

No time for tin foil hats here. :happy:

2manymustangs
07-17-2015, 03:14 PM
In my industry we have a saying "he who has/controls the information wins"...

I can post video on Vimeo, I can use hotmail, I can surf with numerous other engines... It may not be quite as CONTENT RICH of an experience, but I do have options...

It frosts my balls knowing the role that THEY played in OlameO's election... I suppose they will play the same role in the upcoming election as well...