PDA

View Full Version : Day one

Mrs.K034
07-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Ok, so last night I just decided to quit smoking, threw out what I had left this morning. I've almost made it through my first day. I was up to a pack a day. I feel like I'm loosing my mind and feel like I'm in a dream. I'm doing this cold turkey, no help from anything except moral support. Wish me luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Vic
07-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Good for you!!! Don't quit. Hang in there and be strong. You're intelligent and have a lot going for you. Don't let a little cigarette control you. Kick that crap to the curb!!!

If I see you now I'll smash it if I see you light up [emoji16]

Mrs.K034
07-13-2015, 07:03 PM
Good for you!!! Don't quit. Hang in there and be strong. You're intelligent and have a lot going for you. Don't let a little cigarette control you. Kick that crap to the curb!!!

If I see you now I'll smash it if I see you light up [emoji16]

And I would understand. Thank you so much for the support!!! I need all the support I can get!!!

HB Vic
07-13-2015, 07:07 PM
And I would understand. Thank you so much for the support!!! I need all the support I can get!!!

Okay don't get mad if I smack that stick outta your hands [emoji16]

Mrs.K034
07-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Okay don't get mad if I smack that stick outta your hands [emoji16]

Lol. Ok.

314joey
07-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Mrs, K good for you, I know it sucks now, but in the long run you'll be so much happier, my Terri gave them up "cold" about 15 years ago and it soooooo happy and feels so much better, stay with it, we'll help you through this, good luck.

HB Vic
07-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Lol. Ok.

You're still young. Kick it now!!

Ziggy
07-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Going cold turkey might require some Wild Turkey.:drinkin:
If you have the urge to put one in your mouth find something else that tastes better. Like Tic-Tac's. :D

Eli
07-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Good luck!!! The biggest part of kicking the habit is stop doing things you did when you smoked... i.e. If you sat on the porch and smoked don't sit on the porch.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ziggy
07-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Good luck!!! The biggest part of kicking the habit is stop doing things you did when you smoked... i.e. If you sat on the porch and smoked don't sit on the porch.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Excellent advise...:thumbup:

Eli
07-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Excellent advise...:thumbup:

That's how my mom quit after almost 20 years of smoking. That and gum chewing. Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

HotWater
07-13-2015, 08:20 PM
I wish you luck and I really wish Chris luck lol

RogerThat99
07-13-2015, 08:27 PM
best of luck to you Candace. You can do it. If you need, they make the nicotine gum in different strengths. Buy a small pack of the weakest dose and use it for a couple of days. I hear it really takes the edge off...but just for a couple of days.

Eli
07-13-2015, 08:30 PM
I wish you luck and I really wish Chris luck lol

Oh yea!! I forgot about that part.

Maybe Candace should come stay with me. [emoji23][emoji23] I'm never home.

Sent from my Bat Cave

78Southwind
07-13-2015, 11:12 PM
If you can do it cold turkey more power to you. I quit about 15 years ago by slowly cutting down and making rules for myself (like only smoking after work). I finally got down to about 3 or 4 cigarettes a day and then quit. The hardest thing for me was drinking without a cigarette. I quit about same time they outlawed smoking in bars so it got a little easier. Keep up the good work.

sangermike
07-14-2015, 02:59 AM
great first step is easy after the first four days just send chris and the kids on a four day trip u go get a message every day after work you will be glad you quit and so will your kids

JohnnyRotten
07-14-2015, 04:14 AM

^^^^This, as a lot of the addiction is in the head.

Every week or so, take the money you would have spent on butts to reward yourself. Spa, shoes, new blower hat....fun stuff.

It will get easier to not smoke as time goes by.

Wishing you the best.

riverrunner1984
07-14-2015, 06:11 AM
If you can do it cold turkey more power to you. I quit about 15 years ago by slowly cutting down and making rules for myself (like only smoking after work). I finally got down to about 3 or 4 cigarettes a day and then quit. The hardest thing for me was drinking without a cigarette. I quit about same time they outlawed smoking in bars so it got a little easier. Keep up the good work.

Drinking and not smoking is the hardest part. The wife and I quit in Jan 2012 cold turkey. After first quitting we would use those e-cigs and that kind of helped.

PropWorks West
07-14-2015, 06:37 AM
You go Candace!!!
Quiting smoking now is the single most important thing you can do for your health!!!!
I quit cold turkey and it was tough, you can do it, be strong. When the cravings come, just dont give in, the days will get easyer and easyer.
Please stay strong!!!!

2manymustangs
07-14-2015, 07:27 AM
:action-smiley-035:

Hang in there cutie pie, you can do it!!!

Eli
07-14-2015, 08:01 AM
How are you doing Candace??

Sent from my Bat Cave

Mrs.K034
07-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Thanks everyone!! Your support will help so much!! On day two now. Not one puff. I'm trying to be strong. [emoji106] you're all the best!!!

2manymustangs
07-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone!! Your support will help so much!! On day two now. Not one puff. I'm trying to be strong. [emoji106] you're all the best!!!

I bet the grilled mushrooms/asparagus is going to taste sooooo much better... And Uncle Pat's grilled Tri-Tip... :partytime:

Eli
07-16-2015, 11:48 AM
What day is it and how are you doing?

Sent from my Bat Cave

314joey
07-16-2015, 12:20 PM
You can do it..................you can do it.

The Doctor
07-16-2015, 01:27 PM
I consider myself the luckiest man on earth because I never smoked or drank but I've watched family members and friends try to kick these and I have the utmost respect for your decision. You have all of us pulling for you and you CAN do this.

314joey
07-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Cigs are the devils work, but a few beers every now and then never hurt anyone, moderation is the word when it comes to alcohol.

Mrs.K034
07-16-2015, 04:56 PM
Thanks everyone!!! It's day 4 with not one puff. Today is the hardest it's been so far. I'm being strong [emoji16]

PropWorks West
07-16-2015, 07:09 PM
I saw miss Candace today, and I have to say she looks GREAT!!!!!
She is a bit on edge but she has a strong constitution and I think she is going to do this!!!!
Shes entering probably the hardest part of quitting. The body is really playing haveck with her and if she stays strong she will get past this stage. She really needs our help right now more than ever.
GO CANDACE GO!!!!!!

Eli
07-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Call me if you need someone to distract you or vent to...

I'm super proud of you! You've got this! Kick the habit in the butt!

Sent from my Bat Cave

JohnnyRotten
07-17-2015, 04:27 AM
Thanks everyone!!! It's day 4 with not one puff. Today is the hardest it's been so far. I'm being strong [emoji16]

Yay team.....

You are at the hardest spot right now, should get easier as hours/days pass.

K-034
07-17-2015, 07:30 AM
She is doing better and better every day, and all the the support she gets from here is making it alot easier on her, big thank you for all of you guys supporting her, any one who knows her, knows she is as tough as nails, when she was ready to quit she did. Thanks again to everybody, and you got got this babe, Love you :thumb:

sangermike
07-17-2015, 08:09 AM
you've got the hard part behind you now congratulations I know your strong and you will win this battle.

PropWorks West
07-17-2015, 08:44 AM
She is doing better and better every day, and all the the support she gets from here is making it alot easier on her, big thank you for all of you guys supporting her, any one who knows her, knows she is as tough as nails, when she was ready to quit she did. Thanks again to everybody, and you got got this babe, Love you :thumb:

That is the key to quiting, you have to want it!!!!

MR.T
07-18-2015, 06:31 AM
When I quit smoking 30+ years ago, I had to quit drinking for about 3 months. But the drinking came back:drinkin:

Mrs.K034
07-18-2015, 08:30 AM
When I quit smoking 30+ years ago, I had to quit drinking for about 3 months. But the drinking came back:drinkin:

Lol! I don't think I would have made it this far without my beer.

HB Vic
07-18-2015, 08:55 AM
Lol! I don't think I would have made it this far without my beer.

Can't imagine what you're going through. When I see people light up when its 115+ outside the only thing that comes to mind is how powerful that little cig really is.

When I was in high school my mom used to smoke. If she was smoking when I got home, I would leave. I did that for a few weeks and she finally figured it out and quit. Cig smoke actually gives me a headache, unless I've been drinking, then i don't care lol

Hang in there.

Mrs.K034
07-19-2015, 07:58 PM
Well, it's day 7 and Chris says I'm doing good... I feel like I'm getting weaker.. But hanging in there. I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or if it's from withdrawals. I've been miserable the past 3 days and it's been worse everyday.

2manymustangs
07-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Well, it's day 7 and Chris says I'm doing good... I feel like I'm getting weaker.. But hanging in there. I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or if it's from withdrawals. I've been miserable the past 3 days and it's been worse everyday.

Hang tough... Try some Jolly Ranchers (not the chewy kind) to take your mind off of it... :) I like them because they are tooooooo hard to chew up like I chew up life savers or certs...

Hang tough CandACE!!!

314joey
07-20-2015, 06:26 AM
When it's all over you'll feel a huge sense of accomplishment, I know it sucks now, but all the people we know that have prevailed glad are soooooo glad, stay with it.

Plus, look at all the money you're saving and you can go buy some new shoes.................lol

PropWorks West
07-20-2015, 06:46 AM
When it's all over you'll feel a huge sense of accomplishment, I know it sucks now, but all the people we know that have prevailed glad are soooooo glad, stay with it.

Plus, look at all the money you're saving and you can go buy some new shoes.................lol

I like the shoes she buys!!!!

sangermike
07-20-2015, 12:38 PM
hang in there you can make it you have a lot of friends supporting you, your stronger then that little inanimate object

PropWorks West
07-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Those "Ciggy Butts" dont taste as good as healthy feels!!!!

sangermike
07-21-2015, 03:35 PM
think of how proud you kids are that will also help get you through. your doing great keep it up

Mrs.K034
07-21-2015, 06:19 PM
Thanks everyone!! Really! I feel like it's gotten harder everyday and still is. I'm really trying and have been strong with everyone's support. It's going to get harder the next few days. Chris is leaving for Vegas tomorrow morning and not coming home till Saturday night. With him being my biggest supporter, it's going to be rough. I think I can doit, but only time will tell. I'm closer and closer. You're all awesome!

2manymustangs
07-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Thanks everyone!! Really! I feel like it's gotten harder everyday and still is. I'm really trying and have been strong with everyone's support. It's going to get harder the next few days. Chris is leaving for Vegas tomorrow morning and not coming home till Saturday night. With him being my biggest supporter, it's going to be rough. I think I can doit, but only time will tell. I'm closer and closer. You're all awesome!

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know your tough as nails... :thumbsUp:

Eli
07-21-2015, 07:44 PM

I have no doubt you've got this. You're determined and you're not going to quit quitting lol

Think of those gorgeous shoes you'll buy with the money you save!

Mrs.K034
07-21-2015, 07:58 PM
I have no doubt you've got this. You're determined and you're not going to quit quitting lol

Think of those gorgeous shoes you'll buy with the money you save!

I don't think I'll buy shoes (I don't like shopping) [emoji12] maybe a new gun or a vacation would blow off some steam.

Eli
07-21-2015, 08:00 PM
I don't think I'll buy shoes (I don't like shopping) [emoji12] maybe a new gun or a vacation would blow off some steam.

OMG! I love shoes! I do hate shopping though. If I was close we could go shooting! Did you say Chris is gone this weekend...hmmmm road trip?

HB Vic
07-21-2015, 09:04 PM

Try lifting weights, works wonders for me lol

Mrs.K034
07-21-2015, 09:33 PM
OMG! I love shoes! I do hate shopping though. If I was close we could go shooting! Did you say Chris is gone this weekend...hmmmm road trip?

Lol, maybe!!! I'll call you tomorrow! [emoji6]

redant
07-22-2015, 04:18 PM
I can send you some zumies to polish :speechless-smiley-0 You will need about a 12 pac of beer though. Hang tough, you got this.

2manymustangs
07-22-2015, 06:59 PM

:thumbsUp: sounds like a good plan...

K-034
07-31-2015, 12:46 PM
Monday will be 3 weeks without smoking a thing, I'm very proud of her, just proves how tough she really is :yourock:

HB Vic
07-31-2015, 01:33 PM
Monday will be 3 weeks without smoking a thing, I'm very proud of her, just proves how tough she really is :yourock:

Can't be easy. How are you doing? Any pots or pans over the head? Lol

Eli
07-31-2015, 02:08 PM
Wow that's awesome!

Sent from my newly renovated Bat Cave using Tapastalk

314joey
07-31-2015, 06:15 PM
Tell the Mrs. CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!

sangermike
07-31-2015, 08:31 PM
that's great Candace i know its not easy but it gets easier every day congratulations

MrDenton
07-31-2015, 11:46 PM
I smoked Luky Strikes non filters and chewed Redman leaf tobacco. AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! Full on nicotine junky. Did the cigarettes for 14 years, added the chew for the last 4 years. In '97 I quit cold turkey. Been nicotine free ever since. If I can do it then anyone can.
Proud of you Candice. Keep it up.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”

2manymustangs
08-01-2015, 08:15 AM
I smoked Luky Strikes non filters and chewed Redman leaf tobacco. AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! Full on nicotine junky. Did the cigarettes for 14 years, added the chew for the last 4 years. In '97 I quit cold turkey. Been nicotine free ever since. If I can do it then anyone can.
Proud of you Candice. Keep it up.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”

funny (the visual of you chewing and smoking)... i used to like the flavor of red man and taylor pride plug but skoal made my head spin and just about fall out of the boat, haven't chewed since I was a teen...

last night I was watching the bar maid smoke as I was eating my hot wings/JD. I don't think i have ever seen someone smoke a cig so fast, she would take three pulls real fast in sequence, then start to put the cig into the ash tray BUT before it reached the ash tray she would take more POWER pulls real fast, start to ash again and then more fast pulls... I would say that the whole sequence took about 1 minute or less from the time she first lit... LIke some kind of TIC, habbit... I said "needing a little nicoteen boost are we???", her reply "if I could smoke two at a time I would"... FOrtunately we know each other and can joke around... Ive never seen ANYTHING like it, like hooking a cig up to a hoover... :schreck:

Mrs.K034
08-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Thanks you everyone!! You're all so supportive and great!! I haven't killed Chris yet, so that's a positive lol. Thanks so much babe for being here for me! [emoji8]

Sharp shooter
08-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Good for you Candace! Way to stay tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool

HB Vic
08-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Thanks you everyone!! You're all so supportive and great!! I haven't killed Chris yet, so that's a positive lol. Thanks so much babe for being here for me! [emoji8]

Thats what I was gonna ask LOL