PDA

View Full Version : I've seen the future....

2manymustangs
06-17-2015, 11:51 AM
And it is................ Chroma................

http://www.horizonhobby.com/storefronts/stores/chroma-family?clickpath=PriceBox_Chroma

I saw this thing last night while picking up another battery and a spare set of props... :action-smiley-035:

With a 4K gopro this thing will make some killer video, for someone that knows how to edit... :yes:

https://youtu.be/Ygy-YLDX3Ys

HB Vic
06-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Looks pretty good but have you seen Lily yet?

There's another one that looks even better but I don't remember the name. It'll come to me.

No doubt the next generation of drones is going to be pretty cool. Just in time for the new FAA laws banning flying them around LOL

2manymustangs
06-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Looks pretty good but have you seen Lily yet?

There's another one that looks even better but I don't remember the name. It'll come to me.

No doubt the next generation of drones is going to be pretty cool. Just in time for the new FAA laws banning flying them around LOL

I've been watching them all pretty close before and after I bought my Blade 350QX3. I have to assume that the new CHroma is as easy to fly and the controls/GPS system is as good or better than the Blade I have. LEts meet up when I get to LB and I will show you why I am sold on the Blade products, I don't like their camera system, thats why I went with the tried and tested GoPro...

The Chroma is slightly bigger than my Blade and the motors it has are serious, looks like they took care of some of the design issues that the newest Blade 350 has (which aren't much IMHO)...

For video these are the shizzy... $388 for my ready to fly plus $280 for the Hero3+ Black... They are sooooooo smooth and steady when in GPS lock...

riverrunner1984
06-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Man, I have been wanting one of these drones for a while!
Just dont know if I can justify spending $1000 for one....I think I need to put that into my boat getting re-gelled or interior lol

2manymustangs
06-18-2015, 04:45 AM
My future crashed... :(

NOTE TO ALL: DON't try to fly this model in "Agility MODE" until you are VERRRRRRRRRRY good/experienced with modulating your radio controls... I was just going to fly a LITTLE in Agility mode to see how it acts... I pulled the throttle up and this thing looked like it was shot out of a cannon, I panicked and pulled a directional control which resulted in a 1 1/2 backflip and the thing came back down as fast as it went UP... Hit smack in the middle of our trampoline (I'm pretty sure that the trampoline landing is all that saved it)... THe battery flew out, parts went flying everywhere...

Good thing it's modular and the hobby shop stocks plenty of repair parts... :)

16 bucks and 40 screws later it is all back to normal...

riverrunner1984
06-18-2015, 07:11 AM
My future crashed... :(

NOTE TO ALL: DON't try to fly this model in "Agility MODE" until you are VERRRRRRRRRRY good/experienced with modulating your radio controls... I was just going to fly a LITTLE in Agility mode to see how it acts... I pulled the throttle up and this thing looked like it was shot out of a cannon, I panicked and pulled a directional control which resulted in a 1 1/2 backflip and the thing came back down as fast as it went UP... Hit smack in the middle of our trampoline (I'm pretty sure that the trampoline landing is all that saved it)... THe battery flew out, parts went flying everywhere...

Good thing it's modular and the hobby shop stocks plenty of repair parts... :)

16 bucks and 40 screws later it is all back to normal...

$16 for a little learning curve isn't too bad....At least you know for next time

2manymustangs
06-18-2015, 07:13 AM
$16 for a little learning curve isn't too bad....At least you know for next time

$16 THIS time... ;) THis was serious crash #4, and this one was the WORST so far...

first time i flew it into the canopy of the oak tree I was standing under, my peripheral vision isn't good anymore with my glasses... :angry:resulting in a broken landing gear, no biggie since I was swapping over to taller landing gear for GoPro clearance and a gimbal...

Second/third crash was in the kitchen while doing some calibrations, broken props, that was a $11 repair...

I'm so glad this last time I didn't have my new GoPro on for that stunt... :shock:

2manymustangs
06-18-2015, 11:46 AM
I have to do a LITTLE coax repair... NO pun intended... Yes, that grey wire is a coax, look close...

I am going to need my double eye loupe for this one...

HB Vic
06-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Looks dangerous lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2manymustangs
06-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Looks dangerous lol

Im sure... ;) I know your not used to working on such high current / heavy duty stuff... ;)

2manymustangs
06-18-2015, 02:40 PM
This is what I did but on accident...

Do this with a PHANTOM... NOT...

https://youtu.be/AG1YNjHnvh4

https://youtu.be/fUmTy71OaYk

2manymustangs
06-22-2015, 11:29 AM
She is flying again bigger and badER...

THe image quality/video quality on my 60" sony tv is amazing at sunset/24fps... Editing class in session, youtube videos to follow...

HB Vic
06-22-2015, 11:55 AM
She is flying again bigger and badER...

THe image quality/video quality on my 60" sony tv is amazing at sunset/24fps... Editing class in session, youtube videos to follow...

Now we're talking. Lets see whatcha got.

2manymustangs
06-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Now we're talking. Lets see whatcha got.

I'm going to have to go ELSEWHERE to upload BUT I have some incredible footage of the flooding over the weekend, Hwy 61 to Iowa was closed on Friday and again on Sunday evening...

It was a bit nerve racking flying over the flooding rivers knowing that there is no freaking way I would go after it IF something went wrong... :airplane:

2manymustangs
06-28-2015, 08:11 AM
The BLADE 350 showing its stuff, the best of both worlds:

FF to 5:30 to see agility mode...

https://youtu.be/mYh57iOG3FE

HB Vic
06-28-2015, 08:30 AM
Interesting. Does it come with a camera?

2manymustangs
06-28-2015, 10:20 AM
Interesting. Does it come with a camera?

You can buy an integrated camera/gimbal BUT the video quality is nothing like my GoPro :)