PDA

View Full Version : I need a pool cleaner!!!

riverrunner1984
06-16-2015, 10:02 AM
I need the good, the bad and the ugly on automatic pool cleaners.
I am manually vacuuming my pool right now and it is just not fun lol

There are a crap load of different models out there and I am lost as to where to start.

Who has a pool and an auto cleaner that can give me some pros and cons?

MrDenton
06-16-2015, 12:45 PM
I pay a guy $75 a month to take care of all that crap. Gave up on laboring over something that's supposed to relax me years ago.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”

HB Vic
06-16-2015, 01:49 PM
I need the good, the bad and the ugly on automatic pool cleaners.
I am manually vacuuming my pool right now and it is just not fun lol

There are a crap load of different models out there and I am lost as to where to start.

Who has a pool and an auto cleaner that can give me some pros and cons?

The one I had was good because they sold all the parts so you could rebuild it on your own. As I remember, the wheels wore out every season and the tail used to wear out and the gears LOL. It was like buying a new one every friggin year hahaha

Ziggy
06-16-2015, 04:24 PM
I've replaced two old Hayward pool cleaners with this unit. They work great.
http://www.gosale.com/5805679/poolvergnuegen-the?gclid=CL7swOutlcYCFc-FfgodhVkAIQ
Ad I just posted said it was on sale for $289 with free shipping. Great price, I paid over $300 for each of mine. Found mine on Ebay and Amazon.
The two wheel version good on most pools, get a 4 wheel one of you got pebbletech.

riverrunner1984
06-16-2015, 05:55 PM
I've replaced two old Hayward pool cleaners with this unit. They work great.
http://www.gosale.com/5805679/poolvergnuegen-the?gclid=CL7swOutlcYCFc-FfgodhVkAIQ
Ad I just posted said it was on sale for $289 with free shipping. Great price, I paid over $300 for each of mine. Found mine on Ebay and Amazon.
The two wheel version good on most pools, get a 4 wheel one of you got pebbletech.

Does it get your walls pretty good?
Do you have a leaf catcher between 2 parts of your hose?

I'm a new pool owner so I'm still on my learning curve lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy
06-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Does it get your walls pretty good?
Do you have a leaf catcher between 2 parts of your hose?

I'm a new pool owner so I'm still on my learning curve lol

If set up correctly it'll climb the walls perfectly. No leaf catcher in line just the basket at the pump.
There is a slightly different version if your pool is set up with a pressure type cleaner vs suction.

riverrunner1984
06-16-2015, 06:10 PM
If set up correctly it'll climb the walls perfectly. No leaf catcher in line just the basket at the pump.
There is a slightly different version if your pool is set up with a pressure type cleaner vs suction.

Ok cool, I have a suction. Looks like it got really good reviews on that website. A friend from the gym gave me an old Hayward he said was rebuilt but it's not working out to well.

Ziggy
06-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Ok cool, I have a suction. Looks like it got really good reviews on that website. A friend from the gym gave me an old Hayward he said was rebuilt but it's not working out to well.

Those jitterbug haywards were good in their day but this one seems to be one of the better performers now. Less moving parts to wear out too.

riverrunner1984
06-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Those jitterbug haywards were good in their day but this one seems to be one of the better performers now. Less moving parts to wear out too.

I'm liking the $300 price point. I can't see spending $500 - $1000 on a cleaner...with some of the prices, I'm surprised they are not made by Dyson lol

Ziggy
06-16-2015, 06:21 PM
I'm liking the $300 price point. I can't see spending $500 - $1000 on a cleaner...with some of the prices, I'm surprised they are not made by Dyson lol

Better is pretty much every way. Lotta bang for the buck.
One I put in over a year ago and haven't had to do shit to it, second one either but its only been 7 or 8 months.
They just cruise around, stop, does a spin and then changes direction.

riverrunner1984
06-16-2015, 06:23 PM
Better is pretty much every way. Lotta bang for the buck.
One I put in over a year ago and haven't had to do shit to it, second one either but its only been 7 or 8 months.
They just cruise around, stop, does a spin and then changes direction.

[emoji106] sweet. Thx for the info!

sangermike
06-18-2015, 08:32 AM
it looks pretty cool can they be rebuild when dog hair screws up the bearings?

Ziggy
06-18-2015, 09:57 AM
it looks pretty cool can they be rebuild when dog hair screws up the bearings?
Haven't had to open one up yet but the mechanics of it appear quite simple. Both pools have dogs living there. So far so good[emoji106]