PDA

View Full Version : Observation Thursday

HB Vic
06-11-2015, 01:57 PM
So after spending a few days in Parker (and having an absolute blast) it seems apparent to me this summer will be much busier than last. To qualify however, I did not spend much time at the river last summer. But from the trips I did make, last weekend certainly blew away any weekend in recent memory.

Other than last year, I'm pretty sure I was at the tube float for at least the previous 5-6-7-10yrs. And this float surly seemed much larger than any in the past. Will be interesting to see the numbers.

I'm not sure tube float is a good gauge of how the economy is going. In fact, maybe just the opposite if may of the attendees USED to be boat owners. But I don't think thats the case.

Call me optimistic, but based on the few trips I've had this year, things seem a little better. I've also seen quite a few new boats. If you frequent Parker, after awhile you recognize many of the same boats, trip after trip. I've noticed several new boats so far this year. And not just new to Parker, brand new boats. Which is very cool to see.

Thinking back to Memorial, there were still many of the same issues with jet skis etc. But I even had a boater hook a right, right in front of me without looking for a second. Also got the mad dog stare going up river before Foxes. I hug the left/Ca side like crazy up there, way too many rocks on the Az side. The newbs don't realize this and think I'm the rook driving on the wrong side of the river. I usually just waive to them because eventually they'll find out why people to that. Or not LOL

So far the summer and year is shaping up great. Can't wait to get back to the river and relax a little :D

What do you guys think?

Ziggy
06-11-2015, 02:02 PM
So after spending a few days in Parker (and having an absolute blast) it seems apparent to me this summer will be much busier than last. To qualify however, I did not spend much time at the river last summer. But from the trips I did make, last weekend certainly blew away any weekend in recent memory.

Other than last year, I'm pretty sure I was at the tube float for at least the previous 5-6-7-10yrs. And this float surly seemed much larger than any in the past. Will be interesting to see the numbers.

I'm not sure tube float is a good gauge of how the economy is going. In fact, maybe just the opposite if may of the attendees USED to be boat owners. But I don't think thats the case.

Call me optimistic, but based on the few trips I've had this year, things seem a little better. I've also seen quite a few new boats. If you frequent Parker, after awhile you recognize many of the same boats, trip after trip. I've noticed several new boats so far this year. And not just new to Parker, brand new boats. Which is very cool to see.

Thinking back to Memorial, there were still many of the same issues with jet skis etc. But I even had a boater hook a right, right in front of me without looking for a second. Also got the mad dog stare going up river before Foxes. I hug the left/Ca side like crazy up there, way too many rocks on the Az side. The newbs don't realize this and think I'm the rook driving on the wrong side of the river. I usually just waive to them because eventually they'll find out why people to that. Or not LOL

So far the summer and year is shaping up great. Can't wait to get back to the river and relax a little :D

What do you guys think?
I launched from the Havasu Marina at 10:40am and still parked on the pavement.......if that tells you Parker rats anything. :)

2manymustangs
06-11-2015, 02:10 PM
I launched from the Havasu Marina at 10:40am and still parked on the pavement.......if that tells you Parker rats anything. :)

? what ? your engine is broke ?

Ziggy
06-11-2015, 02:15 PM
? what ? your engine is broke ?
Not quite that. lol
I should have chosen a different parking spot though, came back in at 8:30pm to find my front bumper was hooked by a trailer and yanked off:bangmyhead:
Low and behold, there was a note with info left on the windshield. :thumbup::thumbup: There are still honest people on the earth.

HB Vic
06-11-2015, 02:31 PM

Everyone's coming to Parker??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy
06-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Everyone's coming to Parker??

That's my hope :D:D
LOL

314joey
06-11-2015, 02:52 PM
I can't comment on what's up out West, but here at LOTO there's tons of new boats hitting the water and I'm not talking bass boats, it's becoming the premier powerboat capital of the US, if anyone is coming out here for the Shootout this Summer you'll see..................I hope to make it out to Parker soon, it looks and sounds really fun and we like fun.

I'm hoping to connect the trip with a Vegas trip, it just seems to fit together.

HB Vic
06-11-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm way way overdue for a Vegas trip that's for sure [emoji16]

Ziggy
06-11-2015, 03:28 PM
I'm way way overdue for a Vegas trip that's for sure [emoji16]

So fly to Miami on your way to Vegas...LOL:D

HB Vic
06-11-2015, 03:51 PM
So fly to Miami on your way to Vegas...LOL:D

Probably cheaper from Vegas :D

Now that would be a trip for the books

HB Vic
06-11-2015, 03:52 PM
I can't comment on what's up out West, but here at LOTO there's tons of new boats hitting the water and I'm not talking bass boats, it's becoming the premier powerboat capital of the US, if anyone is coming out here for the Shootout this Summer you'll see..................I hope to make it out to Parker soon, it looks and sounds really fun and we like fun.

I'm hoping to connect the trip with a Vegas trip, it just seems to fit together.

I happen to know of a certain MTI that will be there this year. But thats interesting to hear. Things there seem to be improving as well.

Good news on both coasts.

boatnam1
06-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Pretty much gotten the dumb ass stare passing below foxes every trip so far this year, so this tells me lots of new people boating Parker that have no clue.

HB Vic
06-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Pretty much gotten the dumb ass stare passing below foxes every trip so far this year, so this tells me lots of new people boating Parker that have no clue.

I like when they raise their hands in the air and mouth Wtf.

Wtf is right dude, I'm not dragging skeg just cause you're a rook [emoji23]