PDA

View Full Version : PSI Racing Eliminator Daytonea- 6cyl 3.0L Turbo!

GotHalos
12-04-2012, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EzLrPUpKC4

134 Mph, not bad for an inline 6!

http://psiracingmarine.com/images/600_show_007.jpg

http://psiracingmarine.com/images/600_show_006.jpg

http://psiracingmarine.com/images/600_boat_059.jpg

HB Vic
12-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Pretty cool for a 6 banger

RogerThat99
12-04-2012, 03:41 PM
That boat was bad ass at the LOTO Shootout. Is that your boat Gothalos?

GotHalos
12-04-2012, 03:52 PM
That boat was bad ass at the LOTO Shootout. Is that your boat Gothalos?

I wish. The owner should be along shortly with more details. Love the sound of that turbo!!!

Havasuing
12-04-2012, 05:41 PM
I just did a feature article on the boat (stock lay-up 25 Daytona purchased at the Maimi Boat Show) and its owner, Brendan Alvarez, for the spring edition of Sportboat Magazine. Pretty amazing -- 183 cubic inches and just over 1000HP according to Brendan. He's big into asphalt drag racing engines (small cubic inch turbocharged). Brendan is hoping to make an appearance at the 2013 Lake Havasu Boat Show and Desert Storm -- he's planning to up his 134 mph run at Desert Storm. Should be fun to watch.

Stainless
12-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I just did a feature article on the boat (stock lay-up 25 Daytona purchased at the Maimi Boat Show) and its owner, Brendan Alvarez, for the spring edition of Sportboat Magazine. Pretty amazing -- 183 cubic inches and just over 1000HP according to Brendan. He's big into asphalt drag racing engines (small cubic inch turbocharged). Brendan is hoping to make an appearance at the 2013 Lake Havasu Boat Show and Desert Storm -- he's planning to up his 134 mph run at Desert Storm. Should be fun to watch.

Hell Yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havasu Party Bus
12-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Very nice run! I wonder what kind of RPM's he was running in the video if you look under his GPS? It looks like he's getting some R's out of that inline 6!

PokerRun388
12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
That is a great video. Sweet looking boat.

12-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Very nice.

Cigalert
12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I thought I saw the speedo start to taper around the 90 mark. Then I noticed, the GPS was just having a hard time keeping up with him.

Holy crap that jump from 70 to 120 was most impressive for that setup.

WMC
12-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Is that a Toyota? I like it

Havasuing
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
When Brendan ran the 134 mph at LOTO, the engine was turning about 8,100 rpm at 32-34 pounds of boost. He is reluctant to say what the engine is, but it is a 24 valve DOHC 3.0L. A lot of the parts were custom fabricated at his PSI Racing shop in Miami.

Havasu Party Bus
12-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks.

GotHalos
12-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Thing is running some boost for sure. Looking forward to seeing it at DS!

PSI
12-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Hey Havasuing, thanks for all the input and Gothalos for finding mee on Instagram and starting the post.... Appreciate all the positive feedback from everyone and glad to be a new member of the Hotboat forum!!! As Havasuing mentioned the engine is a 3.0L inline 6 cylinder engine....The motor is fully built pretty much from the ground up, other then factory, block, crank, and cylinder head all internals have been modified!!

On that run this year at the Lake of the Ozarks shootout, we did run about 8100RPM with about 32 psi of boost, i actually couldnt get anymore boost cause of some wastegate changes I made prior to the event but the engine has seen as much as 38psi... We do run E85 pump fuel and thats how we can run those kind of boost levels!! The prop we spun was a Labbed 34 pitch Bravo 1 4 blade.... the engine is basically maxed out at the 8100-8200Rpms.... so prior to Desert Storm im working on a highly labbed 36 pitch Bravo 1 which will only be used for shootouts such as Desert Storm and the Missouri Shootout for 2013... With the increased boost levels and the bigger pitched prop theres no saying how much faster the boat can run, safely ofcourse...

The chances of mee making it to Havasu for Desert Storm and the Havasu Boat show are looking very promising, theres alot of work and preperation going into getting there already!! I look forward to meeting everyone out on the west coast and giving them the oppurtunity to check My set up out and maybe even give people some rides.... The boat set up looks cool and sounds different but nothing like actuallt feeling how the boat runs... Definitely along the lines of weird since we know the engine is so small and doesnt have the big v-8 growl!!..

Any other questions please feel free to ask... Thanks again everyone!!!

Brendan Alvarez
PSIRacing

HB Vic
12-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Brendan thank you for posting, very interesting to see a inline 6 doing those speeds but obviously the rpm's are key.

I believe somewhere I read this was a bravo drive. Since hp is down but rpm's way up, how do the drives hold up?

And welcome to www.hotboat.com

HB

Havasuing
12-05-2012, 09:29 AM
The drive is an IMCO SC --with a rather unusual gear ratio. If Brendan wants to reveal that, I'll let him jump in here.

PSI
12-05-2012, 10:36 AM
The drive is an IMCO SC --with a rather unusual gear ratio. If Brendan wants to reveal that, I'll let him jump in here.

Brendan thank you for posting, very interesting to see a inline 6 doing those speeds but obviously the rpm's are key.

I believe somewhere I read this was a bravo drive. Since hp is down but rpm's way up, how do the drives hold up?

And welcome to www.hotboat.com

HB

The drive has actually been great....It is a IMCO SC drive as Havasuing mentioned... from when I purchased the boat new I did a gear change and its had the same gear set in it ever since... Lucky for mee 1 of my good friends and 1 who has helped mee out with alot of R & D is my friend Brian from OFFshore Outdrives here in Ft. Lauderdale FL. We had inspected the upper and lower drive prior to the Ozarks race and we were happy to find everything looked great and re assembled it back together!! The main reason I have to believe the drive lives is, I use a custom made Aerator i designed myself to help the engine spool up the turbo which builds the power i need to get the boat on a plane!! With the Aerator it reduces tons of stress off the drive cause the free wheeling from the Aeration allowed to enter the prop!! Also my engine doesnt make tons of low end torque and with the turbo its very linear, not that instant hit like a blower allows.... Even though it is Linear power as you can see from the video the boat still accelerates amazingly well...

Thanks Again,
Brendan

rschap1
12-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Cool seeing something so different and unconventional
Congrats on it all
and
Thanks for sharing
:)

Stainless
12-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Welcome, hope you update here as you dial in for DS 2013. BTW, it's not too early to get your accommodations setup, else you will be scrambling for something decent if you wait too long.:)

GotHalos
12-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Welcome Brendan !! Looking forward to seeing and meeting you at DS! Ride? That sounds like
fun!:D Any more pics of the aerator?

PSI
12-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Welcome, hope you update here as you dial in for DS 2013. BTW, it's not too early to get your accommodations setup, else you will be scrambling for something decent if you wait too long.:)

Cool seeing something so different and unconventional
Congrats on it all
and
Thanks for sharing
:)

Welcome Brendan !! Looking forward to seeing and meeting you at DS! Ride? That sounds like
fun!:D Any more pics of the aerator?

Thanks Guys... definitely gonna work on accomodations come january!!! And thanks Gothalos for starting the thread and will be great to mee everyone next year!!!! looking forward to it all!!!

Will keep everyone updated on progress!!

Thanks,
Brendan

Havasuing
12-06-2012, 12:42 PM
The feature article on Brendan's 25 Daytona will be in the spring edition of Sportboat, available on newsstands January 29th.

PSI
12-06-2012, 10:58 PM
The feature article on Brendan's 25 Daytona will be in the spring edition of Sportboat, available on newsstands January 29th.

Awesome to hear!! Gotta say Im way excited about it!!! Couldnt thank you enough for making that happen again!!!

Brendan

GotHalos
12-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Awesome to hear!! Gotta say Im way excited about it!!! Couldnt thank you enough for making that happen again!!!

Brendan

Looking forward to the article! Brendan any more pics of the boat? I noticed you build a lot of drag motors, what are the main differences in how you tune?

GoFastRacer
12-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Badass 6 banger there..

PSI
12-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Looking forward to the article! Brendan any more pics of the boat? I noticed you build a lot of drag motors, what are the main differences in how you tune?

Badass 6 banger there..

@Gothalos... I will post up some more pics for you guys!!! We do alot of drag cars also... Heres a video of one we just dynoed last friday... its powered by a 2.0L Toyots 3SGTE engine which use to be found in 1991-1995 MR2 turbocharged vehicles....Also tuning the engine isnt so much of a difference, what I did learn was the volume that the engine needs is night and day difference compared to a drag car... that was my biggest learning curve and not until I overkilled the fuel system did some serious problems I have go away!!! and Thank god they did go away!! LOL!!

Let Mee know what you guys think of the video!!!

@ GoFastRacer Thanks!! Appreciate it!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10151181727138651

GotHalos
12-09-2012, 08:57 PM
@Gothalos... I will post up some more pics for you guys!!! U do alot of drag cars also... Heres a video of one we just dynoed last friday... its powered by a 2.0L Toyots 3SGTE engine which use to be found in 1991-1995 MR2 turbocharged vehicles....Also tuning the engine isnt so much of a difference, what I did learn was the volume that the engine needs is night and day difference compared to a drag car... that was my biggest learning curve and not until I overkilled the fuel system did some serious problems I have go away!!! and Thank god they did go away!! LOL!!

Let Mee know what you guys think of the video!!!

@ GoFastRacer Thanks!! Appreciate it!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10151181727138651

LOL, saw the sparks go off too. Love the sound of that thing winding up, sounds rad!!!

Love seeing projects like this, you guys are pushing the envelope out there for sure!

PSI
12-10-2012, 05:27 AM
LOL, saw the sparks go off too. Love the sound of that thing winding up, sounds rad!!!

Love seeing projects like this, you guys are pushing the envelope out there for sure!

Yea the sparks where a little crazy, gotta just double check what it was and then hopefully we are off to the drag strip...will keep you guys posted how she runs!! Thanks for the comments, weve always pushed the little engines to the extreme, its pretty wild how much power these engines can actually put out... its what motivates us to keep trying different and unique set ups just like my boat!!

WMC
04-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Bump for Desert Storm this bad ass boat will be there

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

GotHalos
04-17-2013, 09:42 AM
From the PSI IG.