PDA

View Full Version : 2015 ARP Long Beach Sprint Nationals August 8 & 9

RPMRACING
06-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Long Beach, California – June, 2015 - Since the late ‘40’s, the Southern California Speedboat Club (SCSC) has been conducting races at the “birthplace” of powerboat racing on the West Coast, Long Beach Marine Stadium. Once a year, in August, the Southern California Speedboat Club stages the annual ARP Long Beach Sprint weekend of American Power Boat Association (APBA) National Championships for sprint boat racing featuring 12 classes of the fastest Flatbottom, V-Bottom, Tunnel & Jet Boats from around the nation competing for bragging rights, titles and their share of prize money.

The ARP Long Beach Sprint Nationals is presented by Ecology Auto Parts, Ahern Rentals, Sea-Tow, Amsoil & Hotboat.com, Rex Marine, Long Beach BMW & Mini . The real beneficiaries however, are the thousands of spectators who turn out to experience the best high powered boat racing in the world.

There will be twelve separate classes of boats competing, from the nimble SST-45 Tunnel boats with their fully enclosed capsules and outboard motors led by defending Long Beach Sprint Nationals Champion Jason Williams, #10 from Alta Loma, CA to the 130+ mph water pounding K Racing Runabouts (K Boats) led by 2014 champion #69 “Freedom Child” Racing entry for Dave Rankin & Gordon Jennings of Hacienda Heights, CA These blown alcohol flatbottoms are guaranteed to have the entire crowd at the waters edge to marvel at their awesome power and speed .
Just as old as the Southern California Speedboat Club, the Crackerbox class with their unique configuration of flatbottom boat with a driver and rider sitting behind the 314 cubic inch V8’s makes this class the perennial crowd favorite as they thrash their 15.5 foot length hulls around the course racing rail to rail with everyone holding on for dear life. The Super Stock Flatbottoms and Pro Stock Flatbottoms each capable of reaching speeds over 120 mph down the straights will see some tremendous competition.

This years National Championships titles will be in all Flatbottom, V Bottom (Grand National) and Jet Boat powered classes. David Rankin, driver of the #44 “Ecology Auto/Armenian Navy” Grand National for Darin Sousamian will look to defend his 2014 title against a great field including owner/driver Heath Hiebert, Bellflower CA driving the #369 and “The Body Snatcher” #24 owned by Ted Kolby, Marina Del Rey, CA and driven by Joey Cucci, Lake Havasu City, AZ. From the first drop of the green flag to the checkered the GN’s are sure to keep the crowd on their feet. Also, scheduled to race for their National Championships are the Comp Jets as well as the the SE Runabouts which showcases limited Cubic Inch (350) spec flatbottoms.

Once again in 2015 the ARP Long Beach Sprint Nationals will have race teams from all over the country descending on Marine Stadium. The 100 plus boat team armada is set to wow the Long Beach crowds.

There will also be a vendor midway that will feature everything from souvenirs to food and beverage booths as well as a beer garden and don’t miss the classic V-drive display where meticulously restored V-drives from the yesteryear of racing will be parked for all to enjoy. Bring your family and friends and share the legacy that is Southern California Speedboat Club Sprint Boat racing at Marine Stadium.

Gates open at 8:00 a.m. racing starts at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $20.00 per adult, $10/child (under 5 are free). Military with active I.D. are also free! Parking is $15.00/vehicle/day. Please note that RV Parking on the North Side of the Stadium Only will be pre sold (information will be posted shortly at SCSC Racing ) Coolers are welcome but will be inspected as there is NO Alcohol permitted, there is a beer garden on-site.

For More Information please visit SCSC Racing or call (310) 318-4012.

RPMRACING
06-09-2015, 03:11 PM
It's never too early to let the fans know who's racing at the 2015 ARP Long Beach Sprint Nationals this year- APBA National Championships in all flatbottom classes, GN, GPS 95 and Comp Jets!!

so with that................

SE

SS

PS

KRR

Crackerbox

GN

Comp Jet

GPS 95

Nostalgia Flat

Nostalgia Endurance

River Racer Jet

Soon SCSC will be announcing when the motorhome sign ups (1st come, 1st serve, limited spots) will begin on this website, at SCSC Racing and www.hotboat.com

HB Vic
06-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Thanks for posting Ross. One of my favorite races of the year for many reasons.

See you in Long Beach!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs.K034
06-09-2015, 05:52 PM
We'll be there! K-711 should be race ready!! [emoji7]

Undersoul02
06-09-2015, 11:09 PM
Can't wait for this race. We'll be in the motorhome section.

Lifes Rough
06-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Can't wait for this race. We'll be in the motorhome section.

I will also be in the Motorhome section Tossing back Cocktails with Dean , No Idea who will be crewing K711

HB Vic
06-10-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm up in the air on the Moho. Last year we were on the vendor side. It was a little too quiet there lol

I think it rained one night if I remember correctly. So I think we went downtown bar hopping [emoji16]

2manymustangs
06-11-2015, 04:59 AM
I will also be in the Motorhome section Tossing back Cocktails with Dean , No Idea who will be crewing K711

I think I'm gonna faint!!!!!!!!!!! Wait, Caroline, did you hack Pat's acccount???????? :hmmm:

I'm up in the air on the Moho. Last year we were on the vendor side. It was a little too quiet there lol

I think it rained one night if I remember correctly. So I think we went downtown bar hopping [emoji16]

I know how to solve the QUIET part sir... Switch sides :gayfight2: <<<< no no, not like that...

2manymustangs
06-11-2015, 05:03 AM
It's never too early to let the fans know who's racing at the 2015 ARP Long Beach Sprint Nationals this year- APBA National Championships in all flatbottom classes, GN, GPS 95 and Comp Jets!!

so with that................

SE

SS

PS

KRR

Crackerbox

GN

Comp Jet

GPS 95

Nostalgia Flat

Nostalgia Endurance

River Racer Jet

Soon SCSC will be announcing when the motorhome sign ups (1st come, 1st serve, limited spots) will begin on this website, at SCSC Racing and www.hotboat.com

Mr. Boss...

Please keep back a stack of posters for me, I will meet up with you around July 4th or the following week/weekend and start wallpapering every doughnut shop / pizza parlor in the southern LA/northern Orange county area on July 13th/14th... :partyguy:

RPMRACING
06-11-2015, 09:18 AM
will do!

Undersoul02
06-11-2015, 09:52 AM
The RV section is a lot of fun. I brought my little boy last year for his first boat races and he loved it!

Sitting with Grandpa and cousin.

HB Vic
06-11-2015, 12:10 PM
Way too many shenanigans going on over on that side lol

I don't want to get evicted [emoji16]

HB Vic
07-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Looking forward to this race again. Great venue, tons of action and fun.

Don't miss out!!!

NRI
07-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Don`t forget the Friday night Show & Shine

NRI
07-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Long Beach, California – June, 2015 - Since the late ‘40’s, the Southern California Speedboat Club (SCSC) has been conducting races at the “birthplace” of powerboat racing on the West Coast, Long Beach Marine Stadium. Once a year, in August, the Southern California Speedboat Club stages the annual ARP Long Beach Sprint weekend of American Power Boat Association (APBA) National Championships for sprint boat racing featuring 12 classes of the fastest Flatbottom, V-Bottom, Tunnel & Jet Boats from around the nation competing for bragging rights, titles and their share of prize money.

The ARP Long Beach Sprint Nationals is presented by Ecology Auto Parts, Ahern Rentals, Sea-Tow, Amsoil & Hotboat.com, Rex Marine, Long Beach BMW & Mini . The real beneficiaries however, are the thousands of spectators who turn out to experience the best high powered boat racing in the world.

There will be twelve separate classes of boats competing, from the nimble SST-45 Tunnel boats with their fully enclosed capsules and outboard motors led by defending Long Beach Sprint Nationals Champion Jason Williams, #10 from Alta Loma, CA to the 130+ mph water pounding K Racing Runabouts (K Boats) led by 2014 champion #69 “Freedom Child” Racing entry for Dave Rankin & Gordon Jennings of Hacienda Heights, CA These blown alcohol flatbottoms are guaranteed to have the entire crowd at the waters edge to marvel at their awesome power and speed .
Just as old as the Southern California Speedboat Club, the Crackerbox class with their unique configuration of flatbottom boat with a driver and rider sitting behind the 314 cubic inch V8’s makes this class the perennial crowd favorite as they thrash their 15.5 foot length hulls around the course racing rail to rail with everyone holding on for dear life. The Super Stock Flatbottoms and Pro Stock Flatbottoms each capable of reaching speeds over 120 mph down the straights will see some tremendous competition.

This years National Championships titles will be in all Flatbottom, V Bottom (Grand National) and Jet Boat powered classes. David Rankin, driver of the #44 “Ecology Auto/Armenian Navy” Grand National for Darin Sousamian will look to defend his 2014 title against a great field including owner/driver Heath Hiebert, Bellflower CA driving the #369 and “The Body Snatcher” #24 owned by Ted Kolby, Marina Del Rey, CA and driven by Joey Cucci, Lake Havasu City, AZ. From the first drop of the green flag to the checkered the GN’s are sure to keep the crowd on their feet. Also, scheduled to race for their National Championships are the Comp Jets as well as the the SE Runabouts which showcases limited Cubic Inch (350) spec flatbottoms.

Once again in 2015 the ARP Long Beach Sprint Nationals will have race teams from all over the country descending on Marine Stadium. The 100 plus boat team armada is set to wow the Long Beach crowds.

There will also be a vendor midway that will feature everything from souvenirs to food and beverage booths as well as a beer garden and don’t miss the classic V-drive display where meticulously restored V-drives from the yesteryear of racing will be parked for all to enjoy. Bring your family and friends and share the legacy that is Southern California Speedboat Club Sprint Boat racing at Marine Stadium.

Gates open at 8:00 a.m. racing starts at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $20.00 per adult, $10/child (under 5 are free). Military with active I.D. are also free! Parking is $15.00/vehicle/day. Please note that RV Parking on the North Side of the Stadium Only will be pre sold (information will be posted shortly at SCSC Racing ) Coolers are welcome but will be inspected as there is NO Alcohol permitted, there is a beer garden on-site.

For More Information please visit SCSC Racing or call (310) 318-4012.

56110 Show & Shine

RogerThat99
07-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Where is a good place to stay?

HB Vic
07-12-2015, 11:27 PM
Don't think there's much nearby. Bring a sleeping bag and crash in the Moho lol

NRI
07-13-2015, 11:30 AM
Sea Point Inn 2nd and PCH. Everything is getting booked up.

Undersoul02
07-13-2015, 11:32 AM
Got our RV spot today! We'll see everyone out there! :thumbup:

RogerThat99
07-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Don't think there's much nearby. Bring a sleeping bag and crash in the Moho lol

Maybe I can just sleep on my air mattress under the moho. :speechless-smiley-0

RPMRACING
07-15-2015, 05:54 PM
Racers:

If you plan on racing at the 2015 ARP Long Beach Sprint Nationals Presented by Nick Rose Insurance & Long Beach BMW we need your race information (driver, owner, hometown, sponsors, etc.) for the souvenir program. If nothing has changed please email and let us know that nothing has changed from last years program but that you plan on attending. Information has to be in by Sunday, July 19th as we go to print next week.

Please email me at rpmracingent@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Ross Wallach, Race Director
SCSC

2manymustangs
07-16-2015, 05:35 AM
:action-smiley-035:

I hit town the THursday before...

Looking forward to the "shenanigans" on the mean streets of Naples/Belmont Shores Friday night Mr. NRI!!!

WHO are the SECURITY TEAMs ensuring overnight peace/safety for all??? :popcorn:

NRI
07-16-2015, 11:46 AM
The girls in the security tank tops.

NRI
07-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Boat racing in Long Beach kicks off 2 weeks from today with the Show & Shine at Dogz Bar & Grill Friday, Aug. 7th! http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/24/51d36e9f2cccacce2549a27cc392bb9e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NRI
07-28-2015, 02:06 PM
Checking in to see if there is any race boat fans on the site.?

redant
07-31-2015, 10:49 AM
I guess I qualify as a fan :biggrin:

HB Vic
07-31-2015, 10:57 AM

There are a couple who participate, yessir. Probably way more on Facebook, but still a few here :D

2manymustangs
08-03-2015, 06:02 AM

Nope, none :)

HEY NICK!!! I saw NRI plastered on several boats yesterday as I sat in the cool and watched the SanAngelo drag boat races... :bananadance:

NRI
08-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Team NRI Brand is growing, thank you for noticing. NRI will be in LOTO with a surprise run for a record.

2manymustangs
08-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Team NRI Brand is growing, thank you for noticing. NRI will be in LOTO with a surprise run for a record.

Coolio... Will the NRI staff be on hand for the afterCELEBRATION at LOTO???

I absolutely notice the NRI logo, thats my favorite Insurance company/agent!!! ;) Look for us under the big sign at L.B. sir... :smilies_mit_hut019:

NRI
08-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Coolio... Will the NRI staff be on hand for the afterCELEBRATION at LOTO???

I absolutely notice the NRI logo, thats my favorite Insurance company/agent!!! ;) Look for us under the big sign at L.B. sir... :smilies_mit_hut019:

We'll cruise over and say hi! Same spot as last year?

NRI
08-03-2015, 08:32 PM
I guess I qualify as a fan :biggrin:

You're more than just a fan!

2manymustangs
08-04-2015, 07:25 AM
We'll cruise over and say hi! Same spot as last year?

Si Amigo!!!

NRI
08-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Are you cruising over to the Show & Shine?

NRI
08-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Team NRI K-24 "Back to the Future" getting ready for the big show in Long Beach this weekend! Trying out a new injector hat! http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/04/b7845c97f8f737fe3cdda4af66e31af6.jpg

NRI
08-05-2015, 10:04 AM
https://www.facebook.com/kevin.beal.549/videos/vb.100000215303728/701647819852388/?type=2&theater

Turn it up!!!

RPMRACING
08-10-2015, 06:07 PM
An unbelievable weekend at the stadium!! Perfect weather helped draw the largest record crowd ever to the ARP Long Beach Sprint Nationals Presented by Nick Rose Insurance & Long Beach BMW
Ecology Auto Parts, Ahern Rentals, Sea-Tow, Jet Re-Nu, Amsoil & Hotboat.com & Rex Marine Fans expected and got great racing action! SCSC would like to thank all the race teams, crews, families and fans that came out to support the annual Summertime event! We are already working on 2016!

Here are your results:

ASH
Boat # Driver Name Hometown
98 C Jeffery Conant Glendale, AZ - Tammy Dawe Memorial Winner
1 C Gordy Jennings, III Foothill Ranch, CA
42 C David Hale Sunland, CA
29 C Kenny Knudsen Chino, CA
126 C Brittney Schwarzenbach Apple Valley, CA
72 C Casey Jones Claremont, CA
60 C Mike Wright Huntington Beach, CA
22 C Jared Wallach Redondo Beach, CA

AXH