PDA

View Full Version : Who participates in the Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade?

Wendi
12-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I've been to several Xmas parties along the route and watch from the restaurant. Also been in it a few times on a boat. Who else goes and either participates or watches from the side lines?

Great times!

ChumpChange
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
We'll generally go to the Balboa Bay Club and watch from there. Have never viewed from the water. Too cold!

Wendi
12-04-2012, 01:27 PM
We'll generally go to the Balboa Bay Club and watch from there. Have never viewed from the water. Too cold!

Fireball cures the cold

ChumpChange
12-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Fireball cures the cold

I have still yet to try the stuff. Everytime I try and invite myself to a FF, people are out of town.

Wendi
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I have still yet to try the stuff. Everytime I try and invite myself to a FF, people are out of town.

Are they really out of town or just saying that? Lol J/K

Havasuing
12-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about the threatened boycott of the Newport Christmas Boat Parade by local slip residents? According to what I've heard, some (don't know how many) boat owners are protesting a new dock fee which the Newport City Council is considering (or passed) which boat owners believe to be a double tax. Gee....can't we all just get along -- it's almost Christmas!

ChumpChange
12-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Are they really out of town or just saying that? Lol J/K

I'll let him chime in when he gets here! ;)

SML
12-05-2012, 08:17 AM
I participated one year when my cousin lived on the penninsula. Had a couple thousand lights on the boat but got stopped pulling out of Woody's for not having the nav lights on, which almost resulting in me getting a bui.

It was definately a good time from what i remember! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havasuing
12-14-2012, 09:32 AM
It looks like the "Light Parade" war is on! Last night the Newport city council, after a 3-hour public meeting, voted 5 to 1 to raise residential dock fees against strong (several hundred opposition in attendance and 30+ speakers) public disapproval. Currently, Newport on-water residents pay an annual $100 dock fee to the city. The Council vote changed that fee to 52.5 cents per square foot (dock size) which effectively raises the average cost to residents to $300 to $700 a year, and in some cases as much as $3,000. Pete Pallette, leader of the opposition reportedly said after the meeting that the Light Parade boycott by residents and boaters will go on as planned. Might be a dark Christmas in Newport Harbor this year.

Wendi
12-14-2012, 01:19 PM
It looks like the "Light Parade" war is on! Last night the Newport city council, after a 3-hour public meeting, voted 5 to 1 to raise residential dock fees against strong (several hundred opposition in attendance and 30+ speakers) public disapproval. Currently, Newport on-water residents pay an annual $100 dock fee to the city. The Council vote changed that fee to 52.5 cents per square foot (dock size) which effectively raises the average cost to residents to $300 to $700 a year, and in some cases as much as $3,000. Pete Pallette, leader of the opposition reportedly said after the meeting that the Light Parade boycott by residents and boaters will go on as planned. Might be a dark Christmas in Newport Harbor this year.

Wow that is a large increase!! I bet your right about the dark Christmas. I'm not sure I would participate. Bah Humbug!!