PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin and a boys first trip to the river!

Undersoul02
06-01-2015, 12:23 PM
So this past weekend I took my family to Laughlin for the first trip with our new boat. It was also the first time my 2 year old son, Brayden, has been to the river. The drive wasn’t easy though. We left from home, Bellflower, around 4 pm. After a large amount of traffic and a few stops we arrived in Laughlin around 11 pm. For being 2 years old I was proud of our little boy for sitting that long without a lot complaining. The delight in his voice when we finally saw the lights of Laughlin was pure joy. “LIGHTS” he yelled as we pulled into town.

After arriving we crossed the river to find a Walmart and pick up a few things that we had forgot at home. Brayden didn’t care that it was way past his bed time. We bought him a new toy truck and a new hat for being a good boy on the ride out. He was excited about his new stuff!

In the morning we got up and met up with some of the other people we were spending the weekend with. After a few minutes of where should we go, river or lake, I was over ruled and off to Lake Mohave we went. I wanted to launch at Big Bend and spend the day on the river. Oh well… My brother, his wife and 3 year old boy were also along on the trip with us. We got the boat launched at Katherine’s landing and away we went.

Brother and son

Sister-in-law

My wife, Brayden and I

We had 2 other boats with us so we went and found a nice little beach spot up the lake and set up camp for the day.

New boat

The boys had such a great time playing in the water and riding in the boat. Brayden kept telling me “fast daddy” every time we were in the boat…That’s my boy!!!

We woke up Saturday morning and decided to head down to Pirates Cove to launch the boats for a day on the river. Sitting in the marina at Pirates the boys could hardly contain themselves. We almost couldn’t get them back in the boat.

We headed out down river towards Topock. We stopped and floated for a while near the no wake zone and then just cruised around in the boats for a while.

We had to head back early on Saturday so that my brother and his wife could head home. They have a 6 month old at home who needed to be picked up from Grandma and Grandpa’s house. We said goodbye to them and headed back to Laughlin to call it an early night.

My wife and I woke up Sunday morning with the intention of heading home early. After a few minutes of talking we decided it would be in the best interest for the 3 of us to spend another day on the water and suffer the late drive home. Trust me it was well worth it!!! We said goodbye to the rest of the group and headed back to Pirates cove.

We spent the morning into the late afternoon enjoying the new boat and the quite of a perfect Sunday on the water. I Can’t wait to do it again!

I think Brayden might be hooked for life! I hope so!

RADRVR
06-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Great write up and pics. Beautiful family sir!

Undersoul02
06-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Thank you

riverrunner1984
06-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Looks like an awesome trip! Going to be some great memories with the wife and kid!
Nice pics and write up. :thumbup:

How did the boat run? Were you happy with it? Any mods you want to make after having it out for the weekend?

HB Vic
06-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Awesome stuff and exactly what memories are made of. I miss Laughlin and Lake Mojave. Haven't been up there in years. Many years ago I launched my 24' in Havasu and took our luggage to Harrah's, then drove back to Havi and trailered the boat up to Laughlin. Long day but it was pretty cool.

Thanks for posting. Looks like you have a river rat in training on your hands now. Very cool!!

Undersoul02
06-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Looks like an awesome trip! Going to be some great memories with the wife and kid!
Nice pics and write up. :thumbup:

How did the boat run? Were you happy with it? Any mods you want to make after having it out for the weekend?

Thanks guys

RR the boat ran great all weekend. The only problem I'm having is oil coming from the valve cover breathers. I already turned the valve covers around so the breathers are at the front, but still had an issue. I'm going to try 4'' breathers and see how that works. The mess the oil makes after a day sucks. At this point the only mods I want to do are a droop snoot and place diverter. It has the stock nozzle on it right now and it runs pretty wet on a full pull. I also want to do exhaust tips instead of the rubber flaps. I just don't like the way it looks. Lastly, for now, I want to change out the fuel tanks. Right now it has what I'm guessing are two 6 to 8 gallon tanks on it. So I was worried about how far I was going all weekend. Next winter I'm going to look for bigger tanks. As far as the motor I'm not sure I'm going to do anything to it for a while. It's running good and I don't want to mess with that yet.

Milkmoney
06-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Very cool [emoji106]. Thanks for sharing [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

314joey
06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Love Family boating stuff, I remember taking my kids out at that age, it was so much fun, looks like everyone had a great time.

Undersoul02
06-01-2015, 05:28 PM
We had a great time for sure. Might be heading back to Pirate cove this weekend. We'll see...

phuggit
06-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Great story.

RADRVR
06-01-2015, 09:34 PM
We had a great time for sure. Might be heading back to Pirate cove this weekend. We'll see...

We'll be out there. I'll have an O'Douls with your name on it. Bring your own HB koozie though!

Undersoul02
06-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Haha alright! I'll bring an extra for you!

Mrs.K034
06-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

2manymustangs
06-02-2015, 03:03 PM
:action-smiley-035: TY for sharing the pics... Niceeeeeeeee...

THe kids are adorable!!! Brings back good memories on TableRock Lake...

Undersoul02
06-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

:action-smiley-035: TY for sharing the pics... Niceeeeeeeee...

THe kids are adorable!!! Brings back good memories on TableRock Lake...

Thank you both. The Kids had a great time and can't stop talking about boats.