PDA

View Full Version : Nikon 1 J5

HB Vic
04-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Is this another gimmick camera or is it the future??

You got me. It looks like an old pocket camera that you could buy for around $75-100 bucks. But this thing is definitely much, much different.

20fps in auto and up to 60fps in manual?? And 20MP files? And wifi?? And the ability to slap on Nikon DSLR lenses??

Not to mention 1080p video with slo mo and time lapse. ISO 12,800.

I gotta have one :D

2manymustangs
04-20-2015, 03:43 PM
My son sold all of his 6D gear / lenses and switched to a small Sony that looks like something I bought my wife in 1990... WIFI enabled body with all kinds of features... He said that the 6D with grip/audio sync device/flash/etc is too bulky for his upcoming semester in Switzerland...

I will get the skinny on the new Nikon from him, he and his friend live for all of the new gizmos that are on the market...

IF it is all that I'm sure this new Nikon will end up costing me... :(

HB Vic
04-20-2015, 03:47 PM
My son sold all of his 6D gear / lenses and switched to a small Sony that looks like something I bought my wife in 1990... WIFI enabled body with all kinds of features... He said that the 6D with grip/audio sync device/flash/etc is too bulky for his upcoming semester in Switzerland...

I will get the skinny on the new Nikon from him, he and his friend live for all of the new gizmos that are on the market...

IF it is all that I'm sure this new Nikon will end up costing me... :(

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Nikon1/Nikon-1-J5.html?CID=SEM-Q116-Google_Nikon1+-+Everyday+-+Branded