PDA

View Full Version : Classic Boat Racing this weekend.

seabuddy
03-18-2015, 11:37 AM
...Saturday and Sunday ...this event... will be running vintage heats all day long on our one mile course, moved a bit this year, to provide better spectator viewing from Wooten Park. There will be a large contingent of vintage outboard racers, along with the many classes of vintage inboard runabouts, hydroplanes and Gold Cup race boats. One huge 90 ton crane will be setup in the hot pit area to handle the antique and classic race boats, which must be launched and retrieved for each heat....

Eli
03-18-2015, 12:22 PM
What time does it start? Is there an admissions fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Vic
03-18-2015, 12:32 PM
...Saturday and Sunday ...this event... will be running vintage heats all day long on our one mile course, moved a bit this year, to provide better spectator viewing from Wooten Park. There will be a large contingent of vintage outboard racers, along with the many classes of vintage inboard runabouts, hydroplanes and Gold Cup race boats. One huge 90 ton crane will be setup in the hot pit area to handle the antique and classic race boats, which must be launched and retrieved for each heat....

Is this Wooten Park Northwest of Orlando??

HB Vic
03-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Google is your friend lol

This looks like a pretty cool race to attend. Wish I could make it. I've only seen one or two of these boats on the water. A race with several of them would be super cool. Hopefully we can get some pics of the races.

More info here:

http://www.classicraceboatassoc.com/