PDA

View Full Version : 1981 Sanger Bubble Deck

Carlamarie
02-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Our new project boat.....81' Sanger Bubble Deck "ski sanger"! Super excited about this project.....also picture my dad's 73' Sanger!! :jumping-smiley-019:

HB Vic
02-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Boat looks real good. What kind of power?

Carlamarie
02-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Thank you! Currently......no power! :)

We just purchased it last weekend, and trying to decide what to put in her. Will be Chevy no doubt....

HB Vic
02-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Thank you! Currently......no power! :)

We just purchased it last weekend, and trying to decide what to put in her. Will be Chevy no doubt....

If you decide to go Ford, hit up 2ManyMustangs, he's a Ford fanatic :D

Sanger_Spectra
02-26-2015, 05:02 PM
Great Boat, I had exact boat for several years before I went to my 77 Sanger, my sister actually has the 19' now. slight v bottom I think 2 degree, great running boat and turns good as well, the chines are the ticket for the way it turns, I could out turn similar Sanger flats. Now my 77 will turn inside the 19 though :) Have fun really miss the 19 especially as the kids got bigger.

mouzer
02-26-2015, 05:58 PM
well i wasnt to happy bob sold it..i was working on getting the money for it was gonna run it in the nastalgia class........it was set up for circle raceing they moved all the foot pedals seat back and added the long steering colum..he called me and said it was sold i said not funny...and he said no i sold it.........then he told me how excited you were to get it and u didnt want to leave it there....................enjoy

Carlamarie
02-26-2015, 07:01 PM
well i wasnt to happy bob sold it..i was working on getting the money for it was gonna run it in the nastalgia class........it was set up for circle raceing they moved all the foot pedals seat back and added the long steering colum..he called me and said it was sold i said not funny...and he said no i sold it.........then he told me how excited you were to get it and u didnt want to leave it there....................enjoy

We're you at the shop last Saturday?
YES!! Unbelievably excited to have her.....my dad had a 73' Sanger and he sold it quickly when my parents divorced and I was upset seeing it leave! Sanger Bubbledeck are very near and dear to my heart! I've been counting the days till Bob gets back so I can see her again..... No I didn't want to leave her..... Silly as I am!

@Sanger Spectra-Great story and how cool your sister has your old boat, keepin in the family goodness! My understanding of ours is she has a 6 degree v, so learning as much as I can about her!

Carlamarie
03-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Were you there on Saturday when we came by?

YES!! Unbelieveably excited about this boat, my dad had a 73' in which he sold shortly after the divorce and I was devasted to see it leave! When my husband told me about this boat that he found and showed me pictures he took with his cell phone, I couldn't believe he found a Sanger painted similar to what I had! Sanger Bubbledeck have also been near and dear to my heart! Nope.....really didn't want to leave her that weekend and counting the days until Bob returns and I get to see her again!

@Sanger Spectra-Great story and very cool that you were able to keep your old Sanger in the family! Ours has a 6 degree V and I think with a gullwing bottom, trying to learn everything possbile about the her!

Bout Time
03-02-2015, 06:34 PM
That looks good.

2manymustangs
03-03-2015, 08:43 AM
Our new project boat.....81' Sanger Bubble Deck "ski sanger"! Super excited about this project.....also picture my dad's 73' Sanger!! :jumping-smiley-019:

I love the look of that deck and the way it is painted on the exterior... Looks killer!!! Kind of classy and nostalgic to highlight the bubble deck...

I would throw any old BBC in her and get it in the water as quickly as possible, THEN decide what else you wanna change in the next off season...

That is unless you have some bad azz blown mill tucked away in the back corner of your garage...

:idhitit: just as is... :leghump:

YOur POPs 73 looks cool too, I like the logs/exhaust... I assume you have had some good times/memories in that boat...

westair
03-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Looks great! ....always loved the look of the Sanger bubble deck, hope to own one someday.

HB Vic
03-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Bump....

HB Vic
03-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Carla you should be okay now. Not sure why your latter posts were moderated but should not be a problem now. Sorry for the inconvenience

Carlamarie
03-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Thanks much for all your help, no worries all is good! :yourock:

HB Vic
03-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Thanks much for all your help, no worries all is good! :yourock:

Really weird on my laptop I couldn't tell your posts were moderated. Showed up plain as day on tapatalk. Thanks for signing up appreciate the posts [emoji106]

Carlamarie
03-05-2015, 08:18 AM
I love the look of that deck and the way it is painted on the exterior... Looks killer!!! Kind of classy and nostalgic to highlight the bubble deck...

I would throw any old BBC in her and get it in the water as quickly as possible, THEN decide what else you wanna change in the next off season...

That is unless you have some bad azz blown mill tucked away in the back corner of your garage...

:idhitit: just as is... :leghump:

YOur POPs 73 looks cool too, I like the logs/exhaust... I assume you have had some good times/memories in that boat...

Not sure what heart she will receive, in the works though. We are planning on painting her, since part of the blue section has been sanded down in preparation of the new "blue", and the candy apple blue paint that matches the seats is included.....stay tuned for coming photos of her transformation!! Nothing to radical, want to stay true to her simple lines. 52289