PDA

View Full Version : Super excited my daughter is starting her flying lessons she is pretty excited also, the guy is her

foxfam312
02-24-2015, 10:07 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Vic
02-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Oh man I am so jealous. I haven't flown in forever. Mainly because someone stole my FAA logbook. I know who, total loser.

Congrats to your daughter, that's awesome. Looks like a C172, great trainer and a good flyer.

Mrs.K034
02-24-2015, 10:38 PM
That's awesome!!! I wish my dad got me flying lessons!!

HB Vic
02-24-2015, 10:40 PM

No you don't. You might give up boating.

I know if I had to make a choice.....well...this place might be called Hotplane.com LOL

Mrs.K034
02-24-2015, 10:45 PM
No you don't. You might give up boating.

I know if I had to make a choice.....well...this place might be called Hotplane.com LOL

Well, if I had the money, I'd doit all.. Lol.. My dad brought me up on dirtbikes and working on cars... Honestly the airplane racing is less dangerous than boat racing, and Chris used to fly, had to quit right befor he got his license, when the kids were born... Otherwise he may have been racing in the air rather than water.. It's his first love.

Ziggy
02-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Started ground school in college then life took over and I raised a family instead. Always loved flying but never followed that dream.
I'm that nerd on the airliners with his face stuck to the window to see. :D
Congrats and safe flying to your daughter.:thumbup::thumbup:

nowski
02-27-2015, 06:53 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkInstead of getting flying lessons when I was a kid my dad (glider pilot) said would you like a beer? My dad was pretty smart he new the beer would be much cheaper than flying lessons. I should have reached for the stars instead of that Budweiser. I did manage to hit the skies in a hang glider many moons ago...

Paul65K
02-28-2015, 04:04 AM
The freedom and feeling of being in control of a powered aircraft is pretty special.................I can still remember the feeling of apprehension and sheer joy of my first solo flight all those years ago......nothing quite like it!!

Even though I've spent a lot of $$$ over the years on flying our life would have been very different......and less special without it...........Follow your dreams :thumb:

FrznJim
02-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Congrats to your daughter! Our daughter knew she wanted to be a pilot when she was in high school, had her private when she was 18, went to Embry Riddle to get a professional pilot degree. She flew for a regional carrier for ten years and just got hired by Alaska Airlines, now in training to fly their 737s. She's living her dream.

foxfam312
03-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Right on, My Daughter is also thinking Embry Riddle, She is un decided at this moment, mostly because of funds, but one way or another I know she will make it happen