PDA

View Full Version : Wheatland Lucas Races

JohnnyRotten
02-23-2015, 06:27 AM
Mornin' HBer's

I've never seen a pro drag boat race up close.... considering making the haul to the Lucas events in MO.

Got some questions and figured those that have attended could answer better than track personnel.

Which would be a better overall event, the John Haas Mem on 6/12,13 or the Diamond Drag Nats on 9/4-6 ?

How much in advance do I need to reserve an RV spot ? I looks like there aren't a whole lot of them.

I don't have a roof perch, is the viewing good from the RV area?

If so, is closer to start or finish better?

How early will they let you in prior to event? Day before?

If you have a fire pit can you have an evening kumbaya?

Do golf carts have all access to surrounding area? How about street legal scooters/pit bikes?

The RV package includes 4 tickets and I'll only need one if I go, are there folks here that I could stoke with those extras?

Thanks for any advice you can offer up.

2manymustangs
02-23-2015, 06:32 AM
Mornin' HBer's

I've never seen a pro drag boat race up close.... considering making the haul to the Lucas events in MO.

Got some questions and figured those that have attended could answer better than track personnel.

Which would be a better overall event, the John Haas Mem on 6/12,13 or the Diamond Drag Nats on 9/4-6 ?

How much in advance do I need to reserve an RV spot ? I looks like there aren't a whole lot of them.

I don't have a roof perch, is the viewing good from the RV area?

If so, is closer to start or finish better?

How early will they let you in prior to event? Day before?

If you have a fire pit can you have an evening kumbaya?

Do golf carts have all access to surrounding area? How about street legal scooters/pit bikes?

The RV package includes 4 tickets and I'll only need one if I go, are there folks here that I could stoke with those extras?

Thanks for any advice you can offer up.

The facility is killer but I haven't camped there, I think that they are pretty relaxd with rules toward pit carts/bikes/scooters/golf carts... Forest had his relative flying an ultralight in and out of the parking lot weaving around cars/trucks/golf carts when he was doing take off/landing... :)

I will say this, it is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT and I mean HOT!!! at the later event, the earlier event can be hot too OR rainy... It's more likey to get rained out at the early event than the later...

I hope others chime in on the RV facility / camping area (they are not one in the same), I'm interested in knowing...

You might run into THIS mug there :schreck:

OR these jokers

Once "SUmmerGirl" from CFW made it :)

Me and Famous Amos...

2manymustangs
02-23-2015, 06:57 AM
The facility

Not a bad seat in the house!!!

HB Vic
02-23-2015, 06:58 AM
Would love to make Wheatland this year.

2manymustangs
02-23-2015, 07:01 AM
RampGirl Patty in action...

2manymustangs
02-23-2015, 07:02 AM
Would love to make Wheatland this year.

Well CMon!!! :)

It can be HOTTTTTTTTT so be prepared...

HB Vic
02-23-2015, 07:45 AM
Heat doesn't scare me but that white stuff does [emoji16]

2manymustangs
02-23-2015, 08:22 AM
Heat doesn't scare me but that white stuff does [emoji16]

:) I'll take the snow over 100/100 heat-humidity anyday... :)

Our friend Wags... St LOuis peep...
Schmidl & Summergirl
Our St Louis TFH favorite... :)

JohnnyRotten
02-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the pix and input, looks like a :partyguy: to me.

.....maybe the later event might be better weather wise?

Both events run same class boats and similar numbers of entrants?

Want to see the TF and TA hydro, Pro Mods, Alcohol Flatties.......Sportmans class too.

WTF is this?

2manymustangs
02-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the pix and input, looks like a :partyguy: to me.

.....maybe the later event might be better weather wise?

Both events run same class boats and similar numbers of entrants?

Want to see the TF and TA hydro, Pro Mods, Alcohol Flatties.......Sportmans class too.

WTF is this?

A practical joke that was played on Wags by his friends... :D

If you have ever followed Wags posts on PB in the ON THE DYNO section you will know that he is SUPER meticulous about every little edge/advantage/details...