PDA

View Full Version : Hotboat.com wants your feedback

HB Vic
12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
As everyone knows we are a relatively new site. We've put this site together based on what a few of us thought most people would like to see, or more importantly what most people would not like to see.

A few of you made suggestions early on and we implemented those changes, and we appreciate the feedback.

So let's do this again. If there is something you would like to see changed, added, tweaked, now is your opportunity to let us know.

We'll take all comments and suggestions in to consideration, just let us know.

We sincerely thank all of you for joining and hope you enjoy the site as we continue to add content and make changes with the goal of making this your go to site for performance boating.

Thanks again,
HB

YoPengo
12-01-2012, 04:40 PM
A "go" button at the bottom of each thread that will take you back to the main section ( like the sandbar).

rschap1
12-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I am diggin it!

I like the HotBoat Orange veiw size or format, like the colors of the the plain Hotboat style, but that is usually too wide for my window.

My ONLY complaint, and not really complaining:)

Stainless
12-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I was going to say better emoticons(smileys), but just came from there and a bunch of new ones have been added. Nice job whomever is responsible for getting them up! :3:

Havasu Party Bus
12-01-2012, 10:20 PM
A "go" button at the bottom of each thread that will take you back to the main section ( like the sandbar).
x2
And how about a Mini Boat section. I do own bigger Boats but let just say 13' or 14' and under. That means it would cover the stuff like the C-Class Hydro's the SST-45 the run of the mill Mini's and there are alot of different one's out there. Just something to think about?:afro:

Napanutt
12-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't really like the smilies. They're not in any particular order and most aren't relevant to what I'm looking for (but hell, I do most of my posting from the phone so smilies are irrelevant anyway).

Mitch
12-02-2012, 07:37 AM
. Its the Site that needs to re invent the wheel and captivate the audience . There are three channels a day all showing Brady Bunch reruns . what channel do I watch today?

GN107
12-02-2012, 08:15 AM
I would say you have to look into the uploaded picture size and make them a standard size. Some threads are centered on my screen. some of the threads take over the computer and I have to scrole to the right just to see them. "pictures too large"

Other than that the site is really coming along great!

CarolynandBob
12-02-2012, 09:01 AM

x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000

PokerRun388
12-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I love the site HB, and I'm just happy to be here:), but I was wondering, should we try to keep topic's in the Sandbar boating related? Or can we discuss other topics too?.

Also,(not a big deal) but, Is there any way to keep the smilies in the same order, so we don't have to search around for a particular smiley each time?.:)

Thanks for all the hard work though, the new site looks fantastic.:)

Stainless
12-02-2012, 09:37 AM
What about a firearms section? Vic, I know your not big on the idea, but a political section would probably get traction too. Problem is who wants to moderate the heated arguments that sometime ensue? Another idea is an update once a month to what the builders have orders for. I am anxious to see the M29.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVR SWPR
12-02-2012, 10:58 AM
From the outside looking in it seems 2 families that are longtime good friends will be reviving Hotboat.com. Most of us know you guys from over the years.The laughs etc. were incredible,was interesting for a long time. If you have the patients and the time to stick with the standards you have decided on this could grow into a awesome place for the boating industry and the people who build boats and the people that buy and enjoy boats,even Jet Boats.

HB Vic
12-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Good stuff so far. As far as a political section, I'm still not convinced it would bring anything but trouble to the table. I dont mind a little political chatter here and there, but I dont really want to dedicate any space to it.

I'm still not thrilled with the smileys either. There are some new ones that are kinda cool, but I think we need to purge some of the old stuff out.

We have new content coming soon as well as a couple articles I think you'll enjoy. I keep getting reminded that its winter so things are a little slow. But thats hard for me to accept. So we're on the hunt for some good stuff somewhere on the planet.

Very interested in your feedback, please keep it coming!

Havasuing
12-02-2012, 02:37 PM
I guess I'm still trying to figure out what this site wants to be. Will it primarily be a "forums" driven site with some or occasional content, or does it want to be a "boating content" site with a "forum"? It's hard to be both as witnessed by the early days of performanceboats.

WMC
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I guess I'm still trying to figure out what this site wants to be. Will it primarily be a "forums" driven site with some or occasional content, or does it want to be a "boating content" site with a "forum"? It's hard to be both as witnessed by the early days of performanceboats.

We are trying to bring you as much boating content as we can. This is a 1.5 month old site and we have supplied a good amount of content. We have been to several boating events to get our name out there and meet fellow boaters and racers. Yes we are a boating site with forums. That gives you, me and every boating person a place to call home and post your builds, pics, share, and ask techncial questions, get advice, etc. I would answer your questions with we want this site to be primarily boating content with forums. I hope you are enjoying it so far thank you for your feedback.

Wendi
12-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I think moving the Water skiing section to its own forum would bring more traffic to the site. It is not a boating event per say and is hidden in that forum. I've had this request numerous times. If we are making changes this would be one I suggest.

I think a "Like" button that facebook has would be good to.

I also like the GO adea that has been suggested.

WhiteWorks
12-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Logging in to see the photos sucks. Your not going to attract lurkers to post with the settings on lockdown. The real question is what are you hoping to accomplish with the site? what is your mission statement? Once you clearly define that for yourselves you will have direction and can then create action.

Napanutt
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM
What about a firearms section? Vic, I know your not big on the idea, but a political section would probably get traction too. Problem is who wants to moderate the heated arguments that sometime ensue? Another idea is an update once a month to what the builders have orders for. I am anxious to see the M29.

No politics. Guns though are good!

HB Vic
12-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Logging in to see the photos sucks. Your not going to attract lurkers to post with the settings on lockdown. The real question is what are you hoping to accomplish with the site? what is your mission statement? Once you clearly define that for yourselves you will have direction and can then create action.

Good point, however, most of what we post here is also posted on FB and IG. So its not completely on lock down. I'm not sure which way would better to entice people to sign up. If you can see everything without signing up, there is no motivation to do so.

As far as what are we trying to accomplish, this kind of goes with our unpublished mission statement, and that is to be the preeminent boating site on the net. Big shoes to fill I know, but why not shoot for the stars. If we hit the moon that wouldnt be so bad.

I appreciate your comments.

HB Vic
12-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Guns scare me :wink: But I'm up for a gun section. Consider it done.

WMC
12-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Good point, however, most of what we post here is also posted on FB and IG. So its not completely on lock down. I'm not sure which way would better to entice people to sign up. If you can see everything without signing up, there is no motivation to do so.

As far as what are we trying to accomplish, this kind of goes with our unpublished mission statement, and that is to be the preeminent boating site on the net. Big shoes to fill I know, but why not shoot for the stars. If we hit the moon that wouldnt be so bad.

Where's the like button:encouragement:

Wendi
12-02-2012, 07:45 PM

If you read our Facebook and followed us there and here for that matter you would know what we are going to accomplish and what our mission statement is. I think we are creating action and feel like everyone here feels the same way.

RogerThat99
12-02-2012, 08:03 PM
The site is great. I think you would increase activity if the New Post page was always a full page of the latest posts, and threads didn't fall off after a set amount of time (or however it works now). Is it possible to change the settings so when you click on the "New Posts" page, you always have a full page of the latest posts? Sometimes when you click on "New Posts" there are only a limited number of threads showing (I won't throw out any example numbers. LOL). I have seen this happen when I have recently posted in a thread and come back an hour or so later and it is off the "New Post" page (like it has timed out for being considered New).

Not a complaint, just a suggestion!!

Napanutt
12-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Kind of hard to be impartial as far as ease of use goes because I do 90% of my surfing/posting from the phone so as long as tapatalk works I'm happy.

WhiteWorks
12-02-2012, 08:16 PM

As far as the lockdown on the photo content, don’t take this the wrong way, but how’s that working out for you? I’m not sure what IG is and I don’t see to much of your stuff come across on FB let alone any user created content so both of those are pretty much mute points. When I come in here to look around and have to log in to see images, I don’t bother (maybe that’s just me and my web habits). Your also losing any possible google image based searches or other potential search engine generated traffic for that matter. I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but your logic is flawed on this one.

Now the mission statement of being the "preeminent boating site on the net" that’s a pretty broad-brush stroke dontcha think? That’s like asking me my career goals and getting the reply of I want to be rich beyond my wildest dreams. Hey that’s a great goal but what exactly am I going to do to deserve that reward/achieve that goal? That’s the question you need to ask yourselves here. What is going to take this to the next level? What will differentiate this site from any other? What can we do to be great? Fuck all that though the real question is how can you create value for your advertisers and earn their dollars while building and maintaining a community of people willing to spend money with your advertisers and provide us with exponential content to fill the gaps?

Or is this just one of those hobby sites?

Mitch
12-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Wendi your FB stuff is awsome......

HB Vic
12-02-2012, 08:50 PM
As far as the lockdown on the photo content, don’t take this the wrong way, but how’s that working out for you? I’m not sure what IG is and I don’t see to much of your stuff come across on FB let alone any user created content so both of those are pretty much mute points. When I come in here to look around and have to log in to see images, I don’t bother (maybe that’s just me and my web habits). Your also losing any possible google image based searches or other potential search engine generated traffic for that matter. I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but your logic is flawed on this one.

Now the mission statement of being the "preeminent boating site on the net" that’s a pretty broad-brush stroke dontcha think? That’s like asking me my career goals and getting the reply of I want to be rich beyond my wildest dreams. Hey that’s a great goal but what exactly am I going to do to deserve that reward/achieve that goal? That’s the question you need to ask yourselves here. What is going to take this to the next level? What will differentiate this site from any other? What can we do to be great? Fuck all that though the real question is how can you create value for your advertisers and earn their dollars while building and maintaining a community of people willing to spend money with your advertisers and provide us with exponential content to fill the gaps?

Or is this just one of those hobby sites?

I'm not gonna take the bait WW. I know why you're here. If your comments are genuine, and you really want to help, you have my number and you know where my office is. But I seriously doubt my phone will ring.

Have a nice evening.

HB

WMC
12-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Wendi your FB stuff is awsome......

Thanks Mitch. We're trying

WhiteWorks
12-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm not gonna take the bait WW. I know why you're here. If your comments are genuine, and you really want to help, you have my number and you know where my office is. But I seriously doubt my phone will ring.

Have a nice evening.

HB

Seriously? You asked for feedback and I shot you some from straight from the hip, simple as that. I'm not baiting you here, if you would rather I tell you my honest opinions via PM I get it, Mr Johnson prefers his doses of reality from me in private also LOL

HB Vic
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Seriously? You asked for feedback and I shot you some from straight from the hip, simple as that. I'm not baiting you here, if you would rather I tell you my honest opinions via PM I get it, Mr Johnson prefers his doses of reality from me in private also LOL

You're a smart guy. Maybe I'm giving myself too much credit but I don't think I'm that far behind you in the wits department.

I know why you're here. And I'm not biting.

I will say this, I don't think I asked for the meaning of life. More body and fender stuff.

Have a good night.

HB

WhiteWorks
12-02-2012, 09:56 PM
You're a smart guy. Maybe I'm giving myself too much credit but I don't think I'm that far behind you in the wits department.

I will say this, I don't think I asked for the meaning of life. More body and fender stuff.

Have a good night.

HB

Your a little out of line IMO, think about this for a minute. Did I not provide you photos that were used in part to help make your T-shirts for this site? Seems to me I was asked for some pics and got them to you on the quick, If I had some ulterior motive here why would I provide you with those, hell I didn't even get a t-shirt LOL

You have employees, you know as well as I do that yes men are not worth a shit when you need to hear it like it is. maybe I am out of line for calling it like I see it, I dunno you tell me?

HB Vic
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Your a little out of line IMO, think about this for a minute. Did I not provide you photos that were used in part to help make your T-shirts for this site? Seems to me I was asked for some pics and got them to you on the quick, If I had some ulterior motive here why would I provide you with those, hell I didn't even get a t-shirt LOL

You have employees, you know as well as I do that yes men are not worth a shit when you need to hear it like it is. maybe I am out of line for calling it like I see it, I dunno you tell me?

So this is all about a t-shirt? What size do you wear I'll get you one post-haste.

Ciao

WhiteWorks
12-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Has nothing to do with a t-shirt, my point was I am not here to jerk you around, my intentions for your site have been nothing but good will from the get go. What ever it is you think I am here about is some shit you have bouncing around in your own head. i'm not out to get you and you shouldn't make assumptions based on the company I may or may not keep.

WMC
12-02-2012, 10:24 PM
are we drinking tonight if so I want to drink

HB Vic
12-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Has nothing to do with a t-shirt, my point was I am not here to jerk you around, my intentions for your site have been nothing but good will from the get go. What ever it is you think I am here about is some shit you have bouncing around in your own head. i'm not out to get you Vic and you shouldn't make assumptions based on the company I may or may not keep.

If it had nothing to do with a t-shirt, then why bring it up? You did a favor for a friend who did a favor for me. Why bring that up? Whats your point?

Take a look back at your comments. You want me to believe your intentions are good willed?

Give me a little credit, I'm not that dense.

Have a good day.

WhiteWorks
12-02-2012, 11:13 PM
If it had nothing to do with a t-shirt, then why bring it up? You did a favor for a friend who did a favor for me. Why bring that up? Whats your point?

Take a look back at your comments. You want me to believe your intentions are good willed?

Give me a little credit, I'm not that dense.

Have a good day.

The point is if I had any ill will towards your venture I would have said no and not sent you those pics. If you don't want constructive criticism or don't have thick enough skin to handle it you should not ask for it. I gotta be truthful hear, I am beginning to have a little ill will towards your venture at this point LOL

WhiteWorks
12-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Here is a little more constructive criticism while I'm at it, bump up the log out timer on this place so I don't have to log back in every time I post.

MMD
12-03-2012, 12:33 AM

Have a nice evening.

HB

Seems like some strange replies to what appear to be real feedback provided in response to your request. Maybe you and WW have a history or some baggage but his feedback seems to be on target to me.

Mitch
12-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Kind of hard to be impartial as far as ease of use goes because I do 90% of my surfing/posting from the phone so as long as tapatalk works I'm happy.

Same here 100 percent wireless I phone and pad using Verizon . I actually run my I pad off my I phones personal Hot Spot

SML
12-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Besides the sandbar type sections, it seems that the 2 sections with the most traffic on the old hotboat, and currently on other boating sites, are the jetboat and vdrive sections. Followed closely with politics. Attract the jet and vdrive crowd and the site traffic will come.

The old "just jets" section was priceless in my opinion. Very informative and what a tech section of a boating site should be all about.

The bench racers section was pretty good to.

Some others to think about targeting would be guns, wakeboard boats/stereos and offroad crowds.

GRADS2112
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
More drama threads!

HB Vic
12-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Regardless of what some might say, we really do want your feedback. We've requested this before and have made changes to the site based on your comments.

Some of the feedback, even from the salts, will be implemented during our next change.

We appreciate your comments and feedback and will take everything in to consideration.

Thank you,
HB

Mitch
12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
On the Facebook links throw in some other news items like qualifying order at NHRA national events or who is ahead in the Baja 1000 you know just news bites that motorsports people like .

Havasu Party Bus
12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Regardless of what some might say, we really do want your feedback. We've requested this before and have made changes to the site based on your comments.

Some of the feedback, even from the salts, will be implemented during our next change.

We appreciate your comments and feedback and will take everything in to consideration.

Thank you,
HB
So dose this mean i'll see a Mini Section like 13' or even 14' and under?:thumb:

Slacker
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
About the only thing I don't like is having to center the page everytime I go to a different section, thread or whatever.

HB Vic
12-03-2012, 08:36 PM
About the only thing I don't like is having to center the page everytime I go to a different section, thread or whatever.

From your pc or from your phone?

Slacker
12-04-2012, 08:23 AM
From your pc or from your phone?

From my Desk Top and Lap Top at home and also from Desk Top at work.

CarolynandBob
12-04-2012, 08:27 AM

x2

WhiteWorks
12-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Have a nice evening.

HB

Have a good night.

HB

Not sure why I even care but this has been bothering me a bit the more I think about it, twice you stated "I know why your here". Could you please clarify exactly what it is that "you know"? I'm curious do you think there is some conspiracy against you or something? What's going on here exactly?

HB Vic
12-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Not sure why I even care but this has been bothering me a bit the more I think about it, twice you stated "I know why your here". Could you please clarify exactly what it is that "you know"? I'm curious do you think there is some conspiracy against you or something? What's going on here exactly?

I think we've beat this up enough don't you. Rhetorical question.

WhiteWorks
12-04-2012, 08:52 AM
I think we've beat this up enough don't you. Rhetorical question.

Just looking for a little clarification on what it is "you" think is going on here?

Wendi
12-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Just looking for a little clarification on what it is "you" think is going on here?

Dylan are we not doing a good enough job for you?? I can't believe the things that you are typing here. Maybe this is not the site for you because so far you have added nothiing to the site. There are plenty of other sites that might fit your needs and maybe ours isn't the one for you. Please feel free to take your non-positive energy somewhere else.

Wendi

WMC
12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Dylan are we not doing a good enough job for you?? I can't believe the things that you are typing here. Maybe this is not the site for you because so far you have added nothiing to the site. There are plenty of other sites that might fit your needs and maybe ours isn't the one for you. Please feel free to take your non-positive energy somewhere else.

Wendi

X2 Dylan. You must of bump your head and forgot this is my site too so it's not a hobby site. Check back in a year and we'll talk about what Hotboat has done or not done.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

WhiteWorks
12-04-2012, 09:13 AM

Wendi

Wendi, I like the site and think you guys have put together something cool, that being said this thread was asking for feedback on things that could be improved from an end user perspective. I provided a couple points of things I thought would enhance the site and make it a bit more inviting, and I get this weird vibe back about "I know why your here". Start a thread about what is cool with the site and I will be happy to list off things that are. I realize you guys are emotionally invested in this and put out a lot of hard work and effort, please do not take whats meant to be "constructive criticism" the wrong way as it is not my intention to piss you off or cause a bunch of drama, more so i was offering an outside the box perspective on things I thought might help your project.

Wendi
12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Wendi, I like the site and think you guys have put together something cool, that being said this thread was asking for feedback on things that could be improved from an end user perspective. I provided a couple points of things I thought would enhance the site and make it a bit more inviting, and I get this weird vibe back about "I know why your here". Start a thread about what is cool with the site and I will be happy to list off things that are. I realize you guys are emotionally invested in this and put out a lot of hard work and effort, please do not take whats meant to be "constructive criticism" the wrong way as it is not my intention to piss you off or cause a bunch of drama, more so i was offering an outside the box perspective on things I thought might help your project.

Dylan that is absolutely not how you started when you posted in this thread. It's like you were questioning our motives of this site. We welcome the "cunstructive criticism" and want to make the changes that will benefit this site. Let's stop with the back and forth nonsense and move on from this. Thank you for your input and have a great day.

WhiteWorks
12-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Dylan that is absolutely not how you started when you posted in this thread. It's like you were questioning our motives of this site. We welcome the "cunstructive criticism" and want to make the changes that will benefit this site. Let's stop with the back and forth nonsense and move on from this. Thank you for your input and have a great day.

If that is how my initial questions were perceived that was not my intention, I was shooting more along the lines of thought provoking questions to stimulate on online steering committee (focus group) type dialogue. Thank you for sharing you perspective, I think I see where this thing went sideways now.

WhiteWorks
12-04-2012, 09:41 AM
I Checked out your FB stuff and it looks really good, did you know that only 10-30% of FB fan page posts go out to all of the people that like you on FB, my friends have a page with 10K fans/likes and found this out recently. there are 2 options to get all your FB posts out.

1. pay FB for each post
2. have the people that like your page manually select to receive all posts.

Wendi
12-04-2012, 10:44 AM
I Checked out your FB stuff and it looks really good, did you know that only 10-30% of FB fan page posts go out to all of the people that like you on FB, my friends have a page with 10K fans/likes and found this out recently. there are 2 options to get all your FB posts out.

1. pay FB for each post
2. have the people that like your page manually select to receive all posts.

#1 we've done. Can you call me at (909) 455-6271 iin regards to #2.

Thanks,
Wendi

GotHalos
12-04-2012, 10:50 AM

x2

That's weird, this happens for me only some of the time. Hmm...

GotHalos
12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Besides the sandbar type sections, it seems that the 2 sections with the most traffic on the old hotboat, and currently on other boating sites, are the jetboat and vdrive sections. Followed closely with politics. Attract the jet and vdrive crowd and the site traffic will come.

The old "just jets" section was priceless in my opinion. Very informative and what a tech section of a boating site should be all about.

The bench racers section was pretty good to. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the ring of "just jets". There are currently a few sections that will be re-worked and a number of sections we will be adding.

Thank you!

WhiteWorks
12-04-2012, 04:47 PM
#1 we've done. Can you call me at (909) 455-6271 iin regards to #2.

Thanks,
Wendi

Nice chatting with you Wendi, glad we could clear this up:peaceful:

ChumpChange
12-04-2012, 05:30 PM

It's Moot!

I like the ring of "just jets". There are currently a few sections that will be re-worked and a number of sections we will be adding.

Thank you!

Would you title it "Just Fags"?

Wendi
12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Nice chatting with you Wendi, glad we could clear this up:peaceful:

Yes thank you for the call :).

HB Vic
12-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Get a room lol

Wendi
12-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Get a room lol

You get a room lol

Slacker
12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
That's weird, this happens for me only some of the time. Hmm...

The desk top at work it is worst for some reason. Not a clue as to why. Actually not to big of deal for me, I am very happy with the HB sight,,,,Great Job Guys and Gals!!! Thanks!!

GRADS2112
12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Dylan are we not doing a good enough job for you?? I can't believe the things that you are typing here. Maybe this is not the site for you because so far you have added nothiing to the site.

Would you like me to drop the ban hammer on him?

Havasu Party Bus
12-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Get a room lol

You get a room lol

Not trying to jack this thread but had to put this here after seeing your comments.:couple_inlove:

http://youtu.be/Vr8Ib6OWv-E

:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

Havasu Party Bus
12-04-2012, 10:15 PM

FYI Grads i have a better chance of getting that job!:smilies_mit_hut021:

Wendi
12-05-2012, 07:50 AM
The desk top at work it is worst for some reason. Not a clue as to why. Actually not to big of deal for me, I am very happy with the HB sight,,,,Great Job Guys and Gals!!! Thanks!!

Thank you Slacker for the kind words. I know that when I login at home the login button is far to the right and I can't find it so what I do is click forums and te login button appears not sure if this is the problem you are having.

Wendi
12-05-2012, 07:52 AM

No need Dylan is all good we had a nice talk and we are all on the same page. And you don't even have the ability to ban hahahaha

Wendi
12-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Not trying to jack this thread but had to put this here after seeing your comments.:couple_inlove:

MK you crack me up

SML
12-05-2012, 08:06 AM
No need Dylan is all good we had a nice talk and we are all on the same page. And you don't even have the ability to ban hahahaha

Thats right folks, if anyone else has a problem call Wendi. Her "nice talk" will get you back in line.

Fuck Dylan, i woulda banned him :D :D

HB Vic
12-05-2012, 08:36 AM
What was this thread about again? Lol

Slacker
12-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Thank you Slacker for the kind words. I know that when I login at home the login button is far to the right and I can't find it so what I do is click forums and te login button appears not sure if this is the problem you are having.

Exactly correct,,, it's to the far right no matter what section or thread. You got it right,,,,,,,,Thanks! If no one else is having this problem then it must be on my end.

ChumpChange
12-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Exactly correct,,, it's to the far right no matter what section or thread. You got it right,,,,,,,,Thanks! If no one else is having this problem then it must be on my end.

I just clicked the GT Performance Article on the front page which brought me to the thread posted in the Sandbar. I had the same issue that you are describing when I came into the forum through that click. When I switched the background from Hotboat to Hotboat Orange, it fixed that issue. It might only be in that setting that there is a problem which is why some of the other poeple can't duplicate it.

Slacker
12-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I just clicked the GT Performance Article on the front page which brought me to the thread posted in the Sandbar. I had the same issue that you are describing when I came into the forum through that click. When I switched the background from Hotboat to Hotboat Orange, it fixed that issue. It might only be in that setting that there is a problem which is why some of the other poeple can't duplicate it.

That took care of it,,,,,,,Thanks!!

GotHalos
12-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks for helping us figure this one out guys!

WMC
12-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Thats right folks, if anyone else has a problem call Wendi. Her "nice talk" will get you back in line.

Fuck Dylan, i woulda banned him :D :D

LOL your dam straight. Nice talk call:boxing8:

ChumpChange
12-06-2012, 12:22 AM
That took care of it,,,,,,,Thanks!!

Thanks for helping us figure this one out guys!

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. It might mean I'm on the site too much. :D

CarolynandBob
12-06-2012, 08:29 AM

That fixed it. Thank you. Now where is my damn go button? LOL

Slacker
12-06-2012, 09:35 AM

It's the pedal on the far right,,,,,,,:smilies_mit_hut029:

CarolynandBob
12-06-2012, 10:10 AM
:):):)

Havasu Party Bus
12-06-2012, 10:20 AM
x10000000

GotHalos
12-18-2012, 11:21 AM
1. Guns section has been made just below the hotboat of the month section.
2. The offroad section is now live in the same area
3. Still working on bringing in a "go" button, hopefully within a few days here.

Thanks

Ziggy
12-18-2012, 12:57 PM

LMAO...your gonna have to get one of those nappy wigs now...ditch the :smilies_mit_hut006:

:encouragement::encouragement:

obnoxious001
12-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Sure would like to see the water ski section taken out of events where it can be found more easily, particularly by someone visiting the site for the first time.

Also, seems like some of the tech sections are really redundant,, propulsion,, outdrive,, jet,, etc?

GotHalos
12-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Sure would like to see the water ski section taken out of events where it can be found more easily, particularly by someone visiting the site for the first time.

Also, seems like some of the tech sections are really redundant,, propulsion,, outdrive,, jet,, etc?
Oops forgot about that, consider it done.

Looking into that, they're next to get consolidated

obnoxious001
12-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Oops forgot about that, consider it done.

Looking into that, they're next to get consolidated

When I posted in "GM",, I honestly was not real sure of what it should be. I don't think you want to copy Performance Boat and label an engine section as "dyno", but maybe one section for any engine related posts, since the majority will probably be Chevrolet anyway?

The "water ski" section should be a way to expand international interest.

Ziggy
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
I have gotten several data base errors, sorry you are not allowed here, or simply the page doesn't load...this is either on pc or tapa.
:dunno::notsure::notsure:
its happened to me at least 4 or 5 times just today.

GotHalos
12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
I have gotten several data base errors, sorry you are not allowed here, or simply the page doesn't load...this is either on pc or tapa.
.that is also something we are looking into. That might be a good idea, thank you.
This has also happened to me many times. There is a bug in the code somewhere admin is looking into it. Sorry for any inconvenience

GotHalos
12-18-2012, 03:24 PM
When I posted in "GM",, I honestly was not real sure of what it should be. I don't think you want to copy Performance Boat and label an engine section as "dyno", but maybe one section for any engine related posts, since the majority will probably be Chevrolet anyway?

The "water ski" section should be a way to expand international interest.
Yeah I'm thinking something along the same lines. Thank you for the idea.

GRADS2112
12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
1. Guns section has been made just below the hotboat of the month section.

How many gun forums have a boating section? Lame.:badidea:

GotHalos
12-18-2012, 04:43 PM
How many gun forums have a boating section? Lame.:badidea:

More than one member has asked about it, so we are going to give it a shot. If it goes south, it can always be removed. No harm no foul.

Wendi
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
More than one member has asked about it, so we are going to give it a shot. If it goes south, it can always be removed. No harm no foul.

It should be called the great outdoors as the main forum with guns fishing and hunting as subs. I don't think just guns is a good idea.

Wendi
12-18-2012, 06:09 PM

It happens to me too. I know they are working on getting this issue resolved

GotHalos
12-19-2012, 11:06 PM
The "go" button has been added! Let us know if its working?

Thanks

GotHalos
12-19-2012, 11:12 PM
A number of changes should be happening here shortly. Stay tuned. If there are any other problems, questions or suggestions feel free to post or PM.

Thanks

GRADS2112
12-20-2012, 12:32 AM
The "go" button has been added! Let us know if its working?

Thanks

What is the "go" button?

GotHalos
12-20-2012, 12:34 AM
What is the "go" button?

It is located at the bottom of all threads, titled "go back to forum" . Click it and it takes you back to main section you are browsing.

CarolynandBob
12-20-2012, 08:30 AM
It is located at the bottom of all threads, titled "go back to forum" . Click it and it takes you back to main section you are browsing.

It isn't on the bottom of this one.

iBoat
12-20-2012, 09:57 AM
It isn't on the bottom of this one.

Its there for me. At the bottom of the page right on top of the pages title go back to forum.

rschap1
12-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Lately I sign in...search new posts, try to open a thread and get no access, not allowed message.
Sometimes after signing in I go to reply to thread and get same.
I have to sign in 2 or 3 times to be able to view and post...???
Is there a glitch some where???

Stainless
12-30-2012, 07:05 AM
Lately I sign in...search new posts, try to open a thread and get no access, not allowed message.

That happens to me using Tapatalk, it happens on other sites also.
Does it occur when using PC or Phone?:(

ChumpChange
12-30-2012, 08:24 AM
That happens to me using Tapatalk, it happens on other sites also.
Does it occur when using PC or Phone?:(

Yes. I view from my iPod, non-Tapatalk, and it happens quite often. No permission to access this page.

Slacker
12-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Yes. I view from my iPod, non-Tapatalk, and it happens quite often. No permission to access this page.

I will get it also from time to time on my Desk Top and Lap Top.

PokerRun388
12-30-2012, 09:39 AM

Similar thing happens to me when I try to access the "forums" page. Sometimes I click "forums" 3 or 4 times and it won't show the Sandbar or any other forums pages. I dont know why that happens, usually I have to just close the tab and reopen again.

Has anyone else had this problem from their laptop? I don't like posting from my phone, the screens to small, so I could try Firefox instead of Explorer??

Havasu Party Bus
12-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Happens all the time.

HB Vic
12-30-2012, 10:28 AM
We are aware of the problem. Admin is working on it. At this point we're not sure if its a VB issue or something with Network Solutions. We do know NS has been having some bandwidth issues lately.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.

HB

ChumpChange
12-30-2012, 01:41 PM
/\ email me when it's fixed. See ya then!

:D

rioracr
12-30-2012, 03:47 PM
is there any chance to have a property for sale or rent section instead of in the section of other stuff. wendi is right about the gun section should be like outdoor gun, hunting, and fishing. other than that good job :smilies_mit_hut008:

GotHalos
01-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Admin is still working on this issue about the forum not being accessible. We have made a lot of changes and more are still in the works. We appreciate the feedback, keep it coming!

GotHalos
04-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Bump.

Pretty sure the auto watermark idea has been scrapped because of legal issues.