PDA

View Full Version : Eithernet over copper

HB Vic
02-17-2015, 09:51 AM
Apparently my business is located in a part of town that is archaic. I mean it must be as old as dirt. And none of the telecoms think upgrading to anything other than replacement copper pencils out.

So for the past 6-7 years we have dealt with a supersonic 1.5M T1 hahaha. Seriously, I can walk some files to my customers faster than I can FTP them with this horrible T1 service we have.

When I absolutely get sick of our blazing T1, I flip over to my Verizon 4G puck and live life a little. Which is almost every day. Especially when we have more than 3 people in the office.

So my ISP is now offering a whopping 3X3M EOC for a mere $100/mo more than I am paying for my stellar 1.5M T1. The hell you say. double the "speed" for only a $100/mo more? whats the catch? hahaha

Seriously, I could buy everyone a Verizon puck with an unlimited monthly plan for less than what this would cost. The problem is integrating that with our servers, email, and website. So these fuckers have me by the balls.

I love technology :AngryFinger_7WSKJO:

riverrunner1984
02-17-2015, 10:51 AM
Do you know if there is Telapacific in that area?
Should be able to do 10mg EOC for around $800 or so a month +voice usage...roughly....
What are you using for phone/voice service? Is it currently being broken out of your T1 through a channel bank?

HB Vic
02-17-2015, 10:56 AM
Do you know if there is Telapacific in that area?
Should be able to do 10mg EOC for around $800 or so a month +voice usage...roughly....
What are you using for phone/voice service? Is it currently being broken out of your T1 through a channel bank?

Using Telepacific now lol. I'm skeptical because their service has sucked so bad over the past forever hahaha

riverrunner1984
02-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Using Telepacific now lol. I'm skeptical because their service has sucked so bad over the past forever hahaha

I have several hundred customers on T-pac (telapacific) as well as Windstream (formally Paetec)...Of the two, T-pac, believe it or not, is better.
If your interested, you can PM me the address and we can see whats available through different 3rd party carriers....Also, are you out of contract with T-Pac? They auto-renew every year unless you tell them you want out....The pricing for the service has decreased drastically over the past few years.
I can have my office take a look at your phone/internet bill/bills and see if you are on the old pricing structure and if some money can be saved.
Let me know and I can send you my work email or fax#....

HB Vic
02-17-2015, 11:18 AM
I have several hundred customers on T-pac (telapacific) as well as Windstream (formally Paetec)...Of the two, T-pac, believe it or not, is better.
If your interested, you can PM me the address and we can see whats available through different 3rd party carriers....Also, are you out of contract with T-Pac? They auto-renew every year unless you tell them you want out....The pricing for the service has decreased drastically over the past few years.
I can have my office take a look at your phone/internet bill/bills and see if you are on the old pricing structure and if some money can be saved.
Let me know and I can send you my work email or fax#....

Sweet. PM on the way :D

2manymustangs
02-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Is it possible that Vic is located at the far end of a bad pair/run?

In my former life I had customers (a Millennium Hotel location was one instance ) in certain areas suffering with similar situations, we would have the LEC do bandwith tests in HOPES of blowing/burning the fuse (frying the pair until it smoked itself OPEN).

ChumpChange
02-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Gotta love commercial districts.

HB Vic
02-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Gotta love commercial districts.

I thought this was the red light district? hahaha

HB Vic
02-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Is it possible that Vic is located at the far end of a bad pair/run?

In my former life I had customers (a Millennium Hotel location was one instance ) in certain areas suffering with similar situations, we would have the LEC do bandwith tests in HOPES of blowing/burning the fuse (frying the pair until it smoked itself OPEN).

I have a little test set in the back room that will deliver around 18,000-22,000A I'm in, lets smoke something :D

2manymustangs
02-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Just find the address of your local exchange and then do this ping from your command prompt before you leave at night:

c:\ping <address> -t

To see statistics and continue - Type Control-Break;
cancel it by pressing Ctrl + C

jordy
02-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Hey, geektalk.com is a whole other forum. :wink:

HB Vic
02-17-2015, 01:43 PM
They didn't have an answer over there.
Maybe I should change the name to hotgeek.com hahaha

2manymustangs
02-17-2015, 02:53 PM
Hey, geektalk.com is a whole other forum. :wink:

:chopper: Fill up the tanks and go for a ride to Needles...

jordy
02-17-2015, 03:02 PM
They didn't have an answer over there.
Maybe I should change the name to hotgeek.com hahaha

I started off with that route but my better judgement and years of experience told me that the hotgeek.com route would end in a bad place. :redface:

:chopper: Fill up the tanks and go for a ride to Needles...

I would but I'm in cold country. Itching for some handlebar therapy, and I shall have it this weekend, but briefly as I've got a shit ton of stuff going on. The weather was awesome in Phoenix last weekend. Shorts and t-shirts during the day and a sweatshirt at night, on the scooter. Awesome! :jumping-smiley-019: