PDA

View Full Version : Tax Returns

ChumpChange
02-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Completed mine today. Even if I'm not getting anything back, the uncertainty of not knowing the exact number is something that bothers me. Not like money is gonna earn me anything in my savings account anyway even if I would pay early. I get them done as early as possible because I'm somewhat crazy organized when it comes to money for some reason.

What say you? Tax return filer or extension filer?

Mrs.K034
02-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Completed mine today. Even if I'm not getting anything back, the uncertainty of not knowing the exact number is something that bothers me. Not like money is gonna earn me anything in my savings account anyway even if I would pay early. I get them done as early as possible because I'm somewhat crazy organized when it comes to money for some reason.

What say you? Tax return filer or extension filer?

I did ours 3 weeks ago. I already had my federal return in the bank last week. Where do you think the Mr's new toy came from? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChumpChange
02-04-2015, 08:17 PM
I did ours 3 weeks ago. I already had my federal return in the bank last week. Where do you think the Mr's new toy came from? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I didn't even have my W2 let alone 1099 Interest Statements by that time. Great use of the refund as well!

Ziggy
02-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Since I'm down to only 6 different returns I should be done early March.[emoji3]

RogerThat99
02-05-2015, 01:02 AM
I always extend and do mine in October. I started doing that about 15 years ago and I had multiple returns to file. Once you get on that track, it is hard to do it all over again in a few months to file in February...so the trend continues. LOL.

Singleton
02-07-2015, 09:46 AM
When I worked for KPMG, I always filed extensions and averaged 8 returns a year since I worked too many hours in multiple states.

Now it takes a total of 4 days from start to finish. Usually get them done in March.

2manymustangs
02-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Trying to get ours wrapped up today, I have been on with Schwab all AM trying to nail down our earnings/dividends/capital gains... Seems they have until 2/15 to get all of that stuff summarized and to you via snail mail... Fortunately they have a really good portal where I can export the historical details...

Absolutely paying this year... again... :schreck: