PDA

View Full Version : Softball

ChumpChange
01-28-2015, 11:35 PM
I know we discussed this in a good morning thread but anybody else play?

Who was it that said it was old guys reliving their youth? You suck. I think I pulled my groin today.

Ziggy
01-29-2015, 12:06 AM
I play racketball on two blown up knees. I look like Forrest Gump with the big braces I have to wear...lmao

ChumpChange
01-29-2015, 06:13 AM
So maybe my left hammy went out. Tough to lift that leg. I'll find out at the gym. Better take some Motrin with me. :D

314joey
01-29-2015, 06:43 AM
I played baseball when I was in HS, then switched to softball after I got hurt one day, played all the way up until I was 50, then I had to give it up, too many aches and pains, love the sport, but it's for the younger guys than me now...........have fun guys

riverrunner1984
01-29-2015, 08:18 AM
I play racketball on two blown up knees. I look like Forrest Gump with the big braces I have to wear...lmao

indoor or outdoor?
I play once a week at the gym indoor court. Not very good but have alot of fun and get a good work out...

HB Vic
01-29-2015, 08:40 AM
I used to play, until I stopped :D

Ziggy
01-29-2015, 12:46 PM
indoor or outdoor?
I play once a week at the gym indoor court. Not very good but have alot of fun and get a good work out...

Indoor. I'm too lazy to go chasing after balls anymore.
3 times a week for about 2 hours. I am drenched and spent by the end.
My wife introduced me to it a few years ago and I've been all over it since. At first I just wanted the cardio but then I actually had fun beating other players :D. One on one is difficult with my bad legs but I can do two or three games. Cutthroat or doubles I could play all day probably.
One of my knees is bone on bone and a torn acl, doc want to do knee replacement. other knee I blew out in the court a year ago, torn acl also. Doc want to put in a cadaver ligament there. I have opted to do neither at this point.

Ziggy
01-29-2015, 12:49 PM
I played baseball when I was in HS, then switched to softball after I got hurt one day, played all the way up until I was 50, then I had to give it up, too many aches and pains, love the sport, but it's for the younger guys than me now...........have fun guys

I hear ya, at 52 I have more ache and pains than ever. Arthritis, bad back and knees but I push on and keep golfing and racketballing. :D :thumbs:

314joey
01-29-2015, 02:39 PM
I hear ya, at 52 I have more ache and pains than ever. Arthritis, bad back and knees but I push on and keep golfing and racketballing. :D :thumbs:

I miss it terribly, but not the infield rash on my knees, thighs and ass, god knows you'd think I'd remember that I wasn't 19 anymore and wouldn't slide, not me, mid50 yo man acting like a fool, the only way to stop that is to quit playing.

Now I watch my Grandkids, much safer.

ChumpChange
01-29-2015, 02:55 PM
Had to walk a flight of stairs. I'm hurting today. Something has to be pulled or at least strained.

HB Vic
01-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Had to walk a flight of stairs. I'm hurting today. Something has to be pulled or at least strained.

Was the building on fire?

314joey
01-29-2015, 03:35 PM

I do my best to stay out of those kind of buildings.

ChumpChange
01-29-2015, 08:23 PM

Old building. No elevator. Not cool.

I'm really hurting today......

HB Vic
01-29-2015, 09:14 PM

Lawsuit? I know a really scummy PI/divorce attorney :D

Ziggy
01-29-2015, 09:48 PM

I swear I can here a miniature violin playing :D:D

ChumpChange
05-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Motrin and a wrap and I'll find out tomorrow if I fractured my wrist. Laid out in the outfield. Caught it until rolled my wrist under my body, knocking the ball and wind out of me. They said I went fully horizontal. I'm too old for this.

shippingguy
05-11-2015, 02:29 PM
I play....I have been playing tournaments for the last 6 years now and i am now playing professionally in Conference USSSA. I travel all over the US twice a month. It is a great time. When I was done playing professional baseball I swore I would not play. I helpd out for 7 years then tried it out and fell in love with it. I enjoy competing at the highest level. I play league night twice a week just to go have fun and hang with buddies.

HB Vic
05-11-2015, 03:45 PM
I play....I have been playing tournaments for the last 6 years now and i am now playing professionally in Conference USSSA. I travel all over the US twice a month. It is a great time. When I was done playing professional baseball I swore I would not play. I helpd out for 7 years then tried it out and fell in love with it. I enjoy competing at the highest level. I play league night twice a week just to go have fun and hang with buddies.

Twice a month? wow that's pretty cool. Does it pay? or just cover travel costs? which wouldn't be a bad deal either.

shippingguy
05-11-2015, 04:11 PM
There is pay, travel and I have a Miken bats sponsorship. There are guys making $100k+ a year playing!