PDA

View Full Version : Happy 2015 Hotboat people: "Lets do something even if its wrong"

HB Vic
01-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Hopefully everyone made it through the New Years Celebrations. I made it through unscathed thankfully. Spent a relatively quiet NYE in Vegas at a small club that surprisingly wasn't jam packed. And I remember everything about the night, guess I'm getting old lol.

Looking back over 2014, many major changes have occurred in my life. Some needed to happen, while others, in the end, were quite a surprise to me. Some decisions were easy, others were the most difficult of my life...so far. As I've gotten older, I always try to picture the end result before making a decision. Most of the time I've been pretty successful picturing the end result, other times not even a headscratch can describe the outcome lol. But in the end, and sometimes after the dust must settle, I've been pretty happy with my decisions.

In regard to this site, Hotboat.com, I will tell you that I certainly did not think things through in the beginning. Not having owned a website before definitely put me behind the eight ball. In fact, until I started this site I wasn't even on social media for the most part. Although I was on the original hotboat.com site, amongst others, I was not in the position of an owner/operator. And most of the stuff I posted back then was strictly for shock value lol.

Well I've learned a lot in a relatively short period of time.

This site has been through several redesigns. Its been through at least three hosting changes, and all three were a complete nightmare. We've somewhat survived a few members who were hell bent on taking this place to the far depths of internet purgatory, even after numerous promises to wash their souls of wrongdoing. This site has also personally cost me friendships. I hold myself personally responsible for these mishaps as I had the foresight to see the future, but still let it happen. In retrospect I should have said NO. Just more proof that the gut is a powerful intuitive tool that should never be ignored. Never.

Through all of this, life goes on. It must. The alternative is not an option. But not only must life go on, it needs to flourish, it needs to grow, it should not stand still.

An old guy at work once said, "lets do something even if its wrong". At the time I thought, as his employer especially, wtf is wrong with this guy? But after taking a step back, I thought about what he said and he was absolutely right. Not in the sense of literally doing something wrong, but in the sense of not standing still.

If I have a NY resolution this year, it will be to not stand still. To not let time waste away. To take full advantage of this flesh and the time on this earth. And to live life to its fullest.

Happy 2nd Anniversary www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com), the show will go on!

So, Lets do something even if its wrong :partyguy:

djunkie
01-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Here here.[emoji482] I know I had some reals highs and my lowest of lows last year. I'm praying this year is a lot better.

Paul65K
01-05-2015, 10:27 AM
It's been an interesting journey that's for sure.............I agree with Junkie and say "Here, Here".........I hope that 2015 will be the best year ever :thumb:

Eli
01-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Cheers to a great 2015!!!

I believe in following your gut, it's the one thing I had engraved in me during my 30's. Yet, I'm still learning the art of following through on it. 2014 was a tough year and looking back I should have done many things differently. Although, I don't make New Years resolutions I do make choices to be a better me all of the time. I have however decided, not as a resolution so to speak but as a general practice, I'm going to mirror the people in my life. So from now on, I will treat people in my life as close as possible to the way they treat me. I'm over being nice, super forgiving, giving, thoughtful, understanding person to people who don't deserve it. I'm going to focus my energy on the people that do.

I guess I'll jump on the "let's do something even if it's wrong" train! Yeeehaw!! This should be fun!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

HB Vic
01-05-2015, 11:07 AM
I guess I'll jump on the "let's do something even if it's wrong" train! Yeeehaw!! This should be fun!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

You did get the part where I said that's just a figure of speech right???

Don't call me if you need to get bailed out of jail hahahaha

Eli
01-05-2015, 11:10 AM
You did get the part where I said that's just a figure of speech right???

Don't call me if you need to get bailed out of jail hahahaha

Crap! I must've skimmed passed that part. Why did you let me go 15 min before telling me?

I won't call you for bail...but keep in mind don't call me if you need to get bailed out of jail hahahaha

I think I can get use to this [emoji16]

Sent from my Bat Cave...

HB Vic
01-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Crap! I must've skimmed passed that part. Why did you let me go 15 min before telling me?

I won't call you for bail...but keep in mind don't call me if you need to get bailed out of jail hahahaha

I think I can get use to this [emoji16]

Sent from my Bat Cave...

You will be my first call :D

Eli
01-05-2015, 11:24 AM
You will be my first call :D

Excellent! You'll be my first call too. Keep your phone on tonight. I've got something up my sleeve.

Sent from my Bat Cave...

314joey
01-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Congrats on another year, now lets "live life".

We're on the move, buying another house back at LOTO and a condo here down in SWF, when will I ever just sit still..................never, let's go boating.

Milkmoney
01-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Good luck hotboat for 2015 [emoji106]

And good luck Vic on ur life adventures. I know some stuff and don't know some other stuff ...

Good luck Eli , hope you Pratice what some of your thoughts are in your post [emoji106][emoji4]

HB Vic
01-05-2015, 01:26 PM

And good luck Vic on ur life adventures. I know some stuff and don't know some other stuff ...

Good luck Eli , hope you Pratice what some of your thoughts are in your post [emoji106][emoji4]

Thanks MM. But don't believe everything you hear about me, especially if it didn't come from me [emoji41]

2manymustangs
01-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Despite the UPs and DOWNs and the BIG WOPPER mistake I made by jokingly starting the DEEP WINTER PIT BULL thread (which I truly regret), I am glad that I'm here... I made some really cool new friends / I was fortunate enough to meet and party with some and hope to meet the rest of yall in 2015... I thoroughly enjoy the relaxed DRAMA FREE atmosphere...

I'm looking forward to some fun times in SoCal/AZ/Needles/LOTO/Wheatland 2015... AND looking forward to putting my Sanger in the water when things warm up...

Pat Eason / Darnez for Pres/Vice Pres in 2016!!!

HB Vic
01-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Hahaha 2MM I totally forgot that was you [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Eli
01-05-2015, 01:38 PM

Thanks! To be honest I already started practicing that a while back...I'm sure there are a ton of people who are scratching their head at why I changed my number and didn't give the new number to them. It's not like I'm going to be a douchebag to someone who's a douchebag to me...I'm just gonna ignore them. [emoji106][emoji3]

Sent from my Bat Cave...

2manymustangs
01-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Hahaha 2MM I totally forgot that was you [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I have a incredible knack of saying the WRONG thing at the WORST possible time... 2mm >>> :action-smiley-060:

HB Vic
01-05-2015, 02:00 PM
I have a incredible knack of saying the WRONG thing at the WORST possible time... 2mm >>> :action-smiley-060:

I knew that thing was going South the second you pressed reply lol

CampbellCarl
01-05-2015, 03:11 PM
I've decided that my mantra for 2015 will be all about 'integrity'....a high school teacher and coach impressed me many years ago with the thought that the only thing that one takes with you when you shuffle off of this mortal coil is your own integrity...it belongs to no one but you.

C

HB Vic
01-05-2015, 04:37 PM
I've decided that my mantra for 2015 will be all about 'integrity'....a high school teacher and coach impressed me many years ago with the thought that the only thing that one takes with you when you shuffle off of this mortal coil is your own integrity...it belongs to no one but you.

C

Nothing wrong with that at all. Not much else you get to take with you. But integrity is also important while your still on this planet. Some people don't realize that until its too late.

Mrs.K034
01-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Great posts, really love it. And a big thank you, Vic for keeping Hotboat.com alive! Look forward to another great year, with great people!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChumpChange
01-05-2015, 07:23 PM
2015 is all about MC&H. :D

HB Vic
01-05-2015, 09:16 PM
2015 is all about MC&H. :D

Mc&h? I'm afraid to ask lol

ChumpChange
01-05-2015, 09:50 PM

I'll let it go for the night with some guesses. :D

HB Vic
01-06-2015, 08:05 AM
Well I did something last night, hopefully I'll know if it was wrong today :D

Status quo sucks.

Eli
01-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Well I did something last night, hopefully I'll know if it was wrong today :D

Status quo sucks.

Doing something "last night" contemplating if it's wrong...usually doesn't go so well the next day. But, I'm sure it felt great when you were doing it. Good luck!!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

HB Vic
01-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Doing something "last night" contemplating if it's wrong...usually doesn't go so well the next day. But, I'm sure it felt great when you were doing it. Good luck!!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

It needed to be said. The door needed to be opened. It may get slammed shut on me, but at least I tried :D

YoPengo
01-06-2015, 01:04 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave...

... When she says yes to anal... :-)

<<<< drive by posting. Happy New Years HB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChumpChange
01-06-2015, 02:46 PM

Now you know!

Eli
01-06-2015, 03:43 PM
... When she says yes to anal... :-)

<<<< drive by posting. Happy New Years HB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to ask? [emoji33][emoji15]

Sent from my Bat Cave...

ChumpChange
01-06-2015, 07:50 PM
You have to ask? [emoji33][emoji15]

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Is it better to make it a surprise?