PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Christmas cookie......

2manymustangs
12-31-2014, 09:07 AM
THis is OLD SCHOOL... (im not saying my mom is old)

Date Nut Pinwheels...

Dates, pecans, soft cookie, this was always my favorite... Snowballs(mexican wedding cakes) are/were a strong second...

My parents picked us up from the airport last night and had a care package for the grandkids which included a bag of these cookies for me... :)

My mom is the BEST mom ever...

Eli
12-31-2014, 10:44 AM
THis is OLD SCHOOL... (im not saying my mom is old)

Date Nut Pinwheels...

Dates, pecans, soft cookie, this was always my favorite... Snowballs(mexican wedding cakes) are/were a strong second...

My parents picked us up from the airport last night and had a care package for the grandkids which included a bag of these cookies for me... :)

My mom is the BEST mom ever...

That's sweet!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

314joey
12-31-2014, 12:52 PM
Mom's are great.

2manymustangs
12-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Mom's are great.

Joey, I dont know if your a native St Louisan but there is a OLD TIME place in the city called Mrs Hullings Cafeteria... My mom started working there making cakes and pies when she was around 15... She is pushing 80 now and her life has been dedicated to making us all FAT with cookies/cakes/pies...

Her mom and aunts were incredible bakers so she had a good head start at an early age...

Sadly my sisters don't follow it at all, I have one neice that has taken up the craft and Im hoping my daughter (will be 12 in a few days) will learn all she can from Grandma while my mom is still able to teach her...

I did learn butttermilk biscuits from my grandma and pie crust also from my grandma with many years of tutelage side by side with my moms mom...