PDA

View Full Version : Harmony remote

HB Vic
12-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Picked up a pretty cool toy for Christmas. IR remote that uses your phone to control all your electronics. No more remotes for me. You can program a ton of different options. The app knows all your device functions based on brand and model #. You can also program gestures by swiping your screen up down left right and tap. Pretty damn cool [emoji106]

2manymustangs
12-26-2014, 11:23 AM
TEll me more... We have a LOGITECH RF/IR remote for my inlaws surround/SetTopBox/TV/DVD player which works pretty slick...

Im not familiar with what your talking about... A separate device that works in conjunction with your phone OR is there built in IR functionality on IPHONES??? Im a smart phone TARD...

HB Vic
12-26-2014, 11:50 AM
It uses your wifi but then IR to the devices. No remote at all. iPhone or droid smartphone I believe

2manymustangs
12-26-2014, 01:02 PM
It uses your wifi but then IR to the devices. No remote at all. iPhone or droid smartphone I believe

My son was saying that the IPHONES do have some IR something or other built into the phone (under the mesh speaker / mic cover) going back to his 4S...

SO you dont use any secondary IR device to transmit to your TV/DVR/Surround reciver true??? Just your phone and the app???

HB Vic
12-26-2014, 01:11 PM
My son was saying that the IPHONES do have some IR something or other built into the phone (under the mesh speaker / mic cover) going back to his 4S...

SO you dont use any secondary IR device to transmit to your TV/DVR/Surround reciver true??? Just your phone and the app???

It comes with a IR blaster.

2manymustangs
12-26-2014, 01:41 PM
It comes with a IR blaster.

ahhh, got u...

the logitech system we have set up for my inlaws uses both IR and RF for the devices that dont have a line of sight which is cool but, as with most old people, they get the thing jacked up in a matter of minutes... SO I get it back on track, they jack it up, my 12 yr old daugher fixes it for them, they jack it up, my son fixes it for them, they jack it up, my wife who is technically challenged fixes it for them...

Other than not being geriatric people proof, it works slick but I do like the sound of your Harmony set up :) I will check it out...

HB Vic
12-26-2014, 02:33 PM
This uses wifi so it doesn't need RF

Pressed Ham
12-30-2014, 07:38 AM
What's the model number?

Dictated to TapaTalk by Siri

HB Vic
12-30-2014, 08:45 AM
What's the model number?

Dictated to TapaTalk by Siri

Not sure and I threw the box away. I'll find it and let you know.

HB Vic
12-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Looks like its called the ultimate home hub. Now that I've had a little time to play with it, i'm thinking I still want an actual remote control for visitors.

2manymustangs
12-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Looks like its called the ultimate home hub. Now that I've had a little time to play with it, i'm thinking I still want an actual remote control for visitors.

At $400 the logitech is pretty sweet, as long as you can keep it out of the hands of geriatrics... :omg:

ALso, it uses both RF for non line of sight and it uses IR for line of sight... Each device can have its own RF/IR reciever-transmitter...