PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Lake Havasu Boat Show, April 10-12

Havasuing
12-21-2014, 08:00 PM
It won't be long, the 24th Annual Lake Havasu Boat Show will be back, bigger and better than ever, April 10-12, 2015 at Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor 4. Not only is it the biggest boat show in Arizona and Nevada, but it is definitely the premier show in the southwest for high performance boats along with a massive amount of pontoons. Over 100 exhibitors and more than 60 different boat brands on display. And, plenty of special attractions: Legends by the Lake Car Show (featuring muscle cars and hot rods), a $5,000 ICS Chili and Salsa Cook-Off competition (bring your appetite, tasting kits available), IJSBA Jettribe Personal Watercraft Racing with freestyle and "watercross" action, an appearance by the 2013 and 2014 SBI Offshore World Champion race boat, "Miss Geico", and the inaugural Lake Havasu "Cornhole" Championships. Show hours are Friday, April 10 from noon to 6pm, Saturday, 9am to 6pm and Sunday 9am to 3pm -- admission is just $4 for adults, kids 6 and under are free and parking is also free. For more information please visit -- http://www.lakehavasuboatshow.com

Singleton
12-21-2014, 08:08 PM
WTF, 2 weeks before DS again. Havasu boat show, open week, DS.
This keeps some of the big MFG's from the midwest and east from attending. Wish they would get it back to the weekend before DS!

Havasuing
12-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Hard to keep everybody happy -- local Havasu service shops (and some hi-perf shops in SoCal as well) and boat dealers didn't like the back-to-back weekend plan -- they say it puts too much stress on their last minute Desert Storm preparations. Even with back-to-back weekend dates, attracting the high performance midwest and east coast boat mfgs to arrive 4-5 days early for the boat show seems to be a tough sell.

HB Vic
12-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Always hard to coordinate these events with so many other external factors. So glad that isn't my job.

Havasuing
02-23-2015, 11:34 PM
A big shout-out is due Frontier Communications and Mohave State Bank who have stepped up and are now the official title co-sponsors of the 2015 Lake Havasu Boat Show. Great to have them on-board -- local business community involvement is always welcome. And the same for Havasu Regional Medical Center who is now the title sponsor of the Lake Havasu Chili Cook-Off at the boat show on Saturday and Sunday -- their sponsorship has made a $5,000+ cash purse possible for the Chili Cook-Off competition -- you don't want to miss this one -- April 10-12 at Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor 4.

Havasuing
03-24-2015, 03:27 PM
The Lake Havasu Boat Show is shaping up great, April 10-12 -- we're sold-out of space and the boat list keeps growing -- we've now got eight different brands of wakeboard/ski boats coming and more than a dozen high performance custom sportboat builders. Maybe even more impressive is the ICS Chili Cook-Off line-up -- it looks like we'll have over 50 professional chili chefs cooking on-site on Saturday, April 11 with $5,725 cash in the prize pot (somebody is going to go home with some nice folding money). Definitely a boat show worth visiting -- only $4 for adults, kids 6 and under are free and parking is also free at Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor 4. And yes, we could use a few more sign-ups for the "Cornhole Championships" tournament on Saturday and Sunday -- should be a lot of fun! More info at http://www.lakehavasuboatshow.com

HB Vic
03-24-2015, 03:46 PM
That's good news. I'm hearing on many fronts it seems like things are picking up in the boating industry. Great news for all of us.

I'm hoping I can get someone to cover this for us as I'll be at the drags in Parker. Wish I could do both.

Thank you for posting the updates, much appreciated.

Havasuing
03-25-2015, 01:43 PM
Just got word that only will the Chili Cook-Off be huge, but so will the IJSBA Jettribe PWC WaterCross Races -- expecting upwards of 150 participants for the Saturday and Sunday competition.