PDA

View Full Version : F*ck Facebook (PG13)

HB Vic
12-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Fuck Facebook. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck them.

Hopefully no one under 13 clicked on this thread.

FB is killing boating events and boat racing.

That is all. For now :D

314joey
12-19-2014, 03:22 PM
I wish I could join your fockathon, but I don;t fartbook anyway, so I wouldn't know why you're aggravated, but good for you getting out your frustration.

RogerThat99
12-19-2014, 07:12 PM
I agree Vic...FB made me change my name on FB or they were going to lock my account. F Facebook and F Zuckerberg.

Paul65K
12-19-2014, 07:40 PM
I agree Vic...FB made me change my name on FB or they were going to lock my account. F Facebook and F Zuckerberg.

What was that all about??

ChumpChange
12-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Never been on FB so have no clue what is going on......

RogerThat99
12-19-2014, 08:32 PM
What was that all about??

My name on facebook was RogerThat Nine-Nine (they won't let you use numerals). I tried to log on one day and got a message that my name wasn't a valid name and that I needed to use my real name or my account would get locked. I tried from my computer and my phone with the same results. I tried Roger That and it wouldn't accept that either, so I went with RogerThat Jones. LOL. They want you to use your real name so they can sell all the data they mine from their users.

HB Vic
12-19-2014, 08:45 PM
FB is like closed circuit TV.

NASCAR wouldn't be NASCAR if they only posted on FB. They'd be more like Bob and Daves racing club lol

Sharp shooter
12-19-2014, 09:47 PM

I don't get it....???

C-2
12-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Fuck Facebook. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck them.

Hopefully no one under 13 clicked on this thread.

What you really meant to say is that FB is killing message boards? :schreck:

HB Vic
12-19-2014, 11:13 PM
What you really meant to say is that FB is killing message boards? :schreck:

I'm saying if you're a movie star in need of publicity, why broadcast on CCTV?

C-2
12-20-2014, 12:28 AM
There was a story a couple of weeks back about Gangnam Style breaking YouTube. The engineers originallyy configured YT with a 32-bit integer (everything in computers is calculated in binary, counting by powers of 2, not 1's as us humans commonly do since we have 10 fingers), so his video was viewed over 2.14 BILLION times in what, 2 years?

Where else has any other media, created on a shoe-string music video budget, been viewed 2.14 Billion times?

The numbers sound tempting...

shueman
12-20-2014, 05:29 AM
Them Google guys are no dummies...YT was a bargain...

HB Vic
12-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Let's see if I can sum this up:

Chatter (especially behind the scenes stuff) drives site traffic

Site traffic attracts advertisers

Ad dollars are reinvested in racers and events

Wash, rinse, repeat

This cycle doesn't work with social media

Sharp shooter
12-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Let's see if I can sum this up:

Chatter (especially behind the scenes stuff) drives site traffic

Site traffic attracts advertisers

Ad dollars are reinvested in racers and events

Wash, rinse, repeat

This cycle doesn't work with social media

You may not agree, but I consider web forums as a type of Social media. Maybe not as modern as FB or IG but by definition IMO it is.

I would think the level of "content" measured both in quality and quantity would need to exist before any significant chatter begins. When It comes to "High Performance boating" sites one would think the content should be about, regarding or pertaining to High Performance boats and or places where they exist.

Social media is a great tool for promoting anything. It get's the word out and provides a place for showing off afterword. How can that be bad...?

I have to respectfully disagree with your view on this Vic. I agree traffic will bring advertisers but, without very much content what do you have to draw people in?

HB Vic
12-20-2014, 05:03 PM
You may not agree, but I consider web forums as a type of Social media. Maybe not as modern as FB or IG but by definition IMO it is.

I would think the level of "content" measured both in quality and quantity would need to exist before any significant chatter begins. When It comes to "High Performance boating" sites one would think the content should be about, regarding or pertaining to High Performance boats and or places where they exist.

Social media is a great tool for promoting anything. It get's the word out and provides a place for showing off afterword. How can that be bad...?

I have to respectfully disagree with your view on this Vic. I agree traffic will bring advertisers but, without very much content what do you have to draw people in?

No site was designed to bring all content. Users can post content as well. Racers and crews post content all day long on race day on FB. It doesn't matter whose site they choose to post on, but posting that type of content on FB alone hurts them in the end.

Advertisers have no way to focus their products to these customers via FB. And even if they did, FB would never return the favor in the form of sponsorship.

But you're right. This site sucks as far as content that I alone can provide. I completely 10000% agree with you there :D

RogerThat99
12-20-2014, 05:56 PM

Jerry, I believe the point Vic is making is that when rhe majority of content is posted on FB, there is no need to come onto a forum. If people don't come on the forum (drive site traffic), the advertisers won't pay to advertise. If there are no advertising dollars, then HB isn't able to sponsor races or events.

In short, when people choose to post their content on FB, the resulting ad dollars / revenue is not reinvested in sponsorship of boating events.

HB Vic
12-20-2014, 06:23 PM
Jerry, I believe the point Vic is making is that when rhe majority of content is posted on FB, there is no need to come onto a forum. If people don't come on the forum (drive site traffic), the advertisers won't pay to advertise. If there are no advertising dollars, then HB isn't able to sponsor races or events.

In short, when people choose to post their content on FB, the resulting ad dollars / revenue is not reinvested in sponsorship of boating events.

Bingo :D

Sharp shooter
12-20-2014, 07:05 PM

Bingo :D

Ok, I see your point/s. :thumbup:

I do believe a lot of people post their content both on FB and on forums. That's what I do. I don't simply pile a bunch of pics onto FB and nowhere else and I see this with others as well (Scott you do this too I think).

Vic, I believe that when you post your watermarked pics on FB (or anybody does) somebody somewhere will at minimum do a fly by on your site. At that point, hopefully the site will carry itself resulting in another new member. I think your odds are best if you have even more pics here and info that people are interested in.

If FB and IG are truly killing forums why aren't they all gone?

I'm just offering another perspective and I hope you don't take this as an attack because I'm really trying to help (whether you want it or not:D).

HB Vic
12-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Ok, I see your point/s. :thumbup:

I do believe a lot of people post their content both on FB and on forums. That's what I do. I don't simply pile a bunch of pics onto FB and nowhere else and I see this with others as well (Scott you do this too I think).

Vic, I believe that when you post your watermarked pics on FB (or anybody does) somebody somewhere will at minimum do a fly by on your site. At that point, hopefully the site will carry itself resulting in another new member. I think your odds are best if you have even more pics here and info that people are interested in.

If FB and IG are truly killing forums why aren't they all gone?

I'm just offering another perspective and I hope you don't take this as an attack because I'm really trying to help (whether you want it or not:D).

From what I've seen, unless they are posting on some secret site, most of the posts are on FB and no where else. So not just hurting this site but the others as well. It has to be a two way street. Sponsorship dollars are expected to come back in some form or fashion. You can't just take the money and run, it won't last.

I intentionally do not post a lot of content (what little we have anyway) on FB or IG. And I will definitely tell people to come here to see all the pics. But the point is the bulk of the content whether it be chatter or actual event info, is, from what I can see, posted on FB and/or IG and not on sites such as this. And in the end that will definitely hurt the sport by in the end loss of ad dollars.

But what do I know :D

Sharp shooter
12-20-2014, 07:40 PM
But what do I know :D

Time will tell boss.... :D:D

HB Vic
12-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Time will tell boss.... :D:D

I was gonna throw in the towel as far as sponsoring anything next year. A little birdie asked me to reconsider. So I am :D

Sharp shooter
12-20-2014, 08:41 PM
I was gonna throw in the towel as far as sponsoring anything next year. A little birdie asked me to reconsider. So I am :D

Great!!! I hope you keep on keepin on! I'm sure your generosity is appreciated across the board! :yes: :cool

HB Vic
12-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Great!!! I hope you keep on keepin on! I'm sure your generosity is appreciated across the board! :yes: :cool

In trying my best