PDA

View Full Version : GN7 Bob Graeff's Celebration of Life Plans

CampbellCarl
12-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Have discussed with Bill Wheeler, Ted Colby and Ben Marrone with a decision to have a Grand National send off for Bob.

Afternoon of Saturday January 31st here at my place in Whittier. There's room for several Grand National boats and a hundred or more of Bob's family, friends and competitors.

Billy Wheeler will have Bob's GN7 boat here and we're hoping for more local GN's to have a cackle-fest GN style, with a of couple beers, some food and most importantly FRIENDS together to swap Bob stories, laugh and remember our recently departed friend.

Details to follow and a request for boat count and head count later on. Get it on your calendar NOW.

Carl

djunkie
12-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Sounds like a good time. I'm sure he'd approve.

CampbellCarl
12-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a good time. I'm sure he'd approve.

Actually, I'm quite sure that he'd tell us all exactly how we're doing it all wrong, that we are all idiots to think that he was worth it, that nobody liked him enough to show up, how the beer wasn't cold enough and the burgers weren't hot enough, not enough/too many boats, weather could have been better, and on and on and on...

Loved 'ya Bob!

:D

djunkie
12-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Actually, I'm quite sure that he'd tell us all exactly how we're doing it all wrong, that we are all idiots to think that he was worth it, that nobody liked him enough to show up, how the beer wasn't cold enough and the burgers weren't hot enough, not enough/too many boats, weather could have been better, and on and on and on...

Loved 'ya Bob!

Lol. You're probably right Carl.

HB Vic
12-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Wonder if he'd get mad if I attended?

CampbellCarl
12-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Wonder if he'd get mad if I attended?

There's also 5, 30 amp RV outlets available, and yes, he'd be pissed off at the entire thought of this idea...

HB Vic
12-09-2014, 10:43 PM
There's also 5, 30 amp RV outlets available, and yes, he'd be pissed off at the entire thought of this idea...

Well fuck, I'm coming then in my wrapped pos motorhome lol

2manymustangs
12-10-2014, 06:06 AM

Well fuck, I'm coming then in my wrapped pos motorhome lol

^^^ Thats some funny shiat...

Jan 31st lemme see if there is a way I can pull myself away from the sleet, ice, sub zero temps for a few days...

One thing that ALWAYS cracked me up about Bob's posts, in his haste he would type "you" in place of "your" and the more heated things got, the more he was apt to make this typo... It was like a barometer of how steamed he was...

Example "Vic, drive down here in you POS motorhome" "Bruce Im going to bitchslap you head" :biggrin:

Bob had an incredible grasp on economics, taxation, all things fiscal and we spent YEARS in the PB PRF section discussing fiscal policy/spending/failed social experiments/war/history...

He truly amazed me in that regard, I'm basically a "dont spend more than you make" balance your checkbook and keep a surplus, keep it simple kind of guy but Bob REALLY saw the big picture and thats no bullshiat...

I would have picked Bob over any bean counter that I have ever worked with...

KAP
12-10-2014, 09:08 PM

Loved 'ya Bob!

Carl:

I am sorry to hear of his passing. I did not get to meet him...perhaps I did but no conversation...if you can believe that one. GN7 always let you know what is on his mind in a blue collar way.

I really liked his abrasive demeanor and prose he would usually give people both barrels if they tried any bullshit. I never had to joust with him...I'd like to think we were on the same page. His insight into boats and racing usually were right on point.

You know writing this I think you should retire his screen name as no one could be a GN7 like GN7 was. The quote from above is something I could envision him saying.

His presence will be missed on the boards. I hope and pray for his family during this difficult time.

KAP

Footnote: My thought and parting quote is... "Death is not an End but the beginning of another journey".

rschap1
12-21-2014, 03:26 PM
Just read another thread...
SORRY to hear this !!!!
R.I.P.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!