PDA

View Full Version : Groom divorces bride at wedding, sees her face and wants out! lol

ChumpChange
11-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Ahhhh the Middle East. :D

http://www.examiner.com/article/groom-divorces-bride-at-wedding-sees-her-face-and-wants-out

A groom divorced his bride at his own wedding because he was horrified at her face.When the woman's veil was lifted, he reacted in complete shock. It wasn't the type of shock and awe a bride would want on her wedding day.

According to Daily Mail Nov. 17, a Saudi man and woman were getting married, but had never met in person prior to their nuptials. The photographer wanted a picture of the couple with the bride's face showing. When her veil was lifted, the groom saw her face and reacted in horror.

The couple were in the Western Saudi town of Medinah. Despite never having met, they agreed to marry as part of a tradition often seen in select Middle Eastern countries.

According to the report, when the bride smiled for the camera, the groom literally jumped to his feet in "disgust." As Okaz reports, the bride was so hurt by his reaction that she collapsed in a sobbing mess. Guests at the ceremony tried to piece things together between the bride and groom to no avail.

The rest of the evening was a disaster. Okaz writes: "The groom said he had not been able to see his bride's face before marriage.When he divorced her, the bride collapsed and the wedding turned into a night of tears."

How the groom reacted to seeing his bride's face drew a firestorm of jilted anger on social media. If the groom wanted to marry a woman who looked different, why didn't he agree to meet his future wife first before ever having a wedding? Critics are bashing the Saudi man for being superficial and putting looks before values and morals.

314joey
11-17-2014, 05:36 PM
I wish I had a video, that would be priceless.

Eli
11-17-2014, 05:59 PM
I wish I had a video, that would be priceless.

That would've been a YouTube moment. I wonder what she looked like.

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
11-17-2014, 06:12 PM
:worthless_1_:

Should say, "Link is worthless without pics" lol

Ziggy
11-17-2014, 07:49 PM
:worthless_1_:

Should say, "Link is worthless without pics" lol
Maybe it's just "that" bad.:eek::D

ChumpChange
11-17-2014, 08:39 PM
That would've been a YouTube moment. I wonder what she looked like.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Hairy.

Eli
11-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Hairy.

Well...you're probably right. But, traditionally Muslim women aren't suppose to groom until they get married, so a few days before they pull out the thread and start threading the shit out of the bride. It's possible she had one giant red tore up face. I can't imagine that's fun. If I had to go through that and then I was rejected, I'd collapse too.

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
11-17-2014, 09:06 PM
/\ Ouch!

Ziggy
11-18-2014, 12:31 AM
Hairy.
There's a big fella running around forests and far away places that might like some of that:)

Uncle Dave
11-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Ya think maybe you might want to at least meet someone before you get married to them - maybe just once?

Its called a "date" maybe after a few thousand years they might pick up on the custom.

Talk about being set up for failure.

Not bashing for being superficial- bashing him for being a total dip shit.

UD

riverrunner1984
11-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Ya think maybe you might want to at least meet someone before you get married to them - maybe just once?
Its called a "date" maybe after a few thousand years they might pick up on the custom.
UD

Agreed! I mean, dont you sit on a couch before you buy it or feel the water before you jump in???

Eli
11-18-2014, 09:04 AM

Not bashing for being superficial- bashing him for being a total dip shit.

UD

I agree!! I know a few of the women in my family had arranged marriages and they all got to meet their "husbands" before the wedding. I'm not sure how common it is or if it's just a tradition. First step, the parents decide and discuss the dowry, you know how many chickens and cows will you give us for our daughter, then the kids meet, (I'm not using the term loosely, my grandmother was 12 and my aunt 9 and my cousin 15). Then there's a party where the families attend and there's a formal proposal and agreement between the parties. Then there's a huge engagement party, usually as big as most weddings I've been to, followed by the wedding. I don't know if that's also done in all Muslim countries or if it's a cultural thing. But, Dayam that was 3 opportunities to meet Sasquatch. Why pass it up!!

Sent from my Bat Cave