PDA

View Full Version : On a related note...Harley

HolyMoly
11-14-2014, 03:22 PM
I don't own one! I have a DRZ 400. I got a flat on the freeway coming back from OC at the 91/15 interchange. It was kind of exciting as I hit the transition curve at 75 and drifted the rear tire like I was racing speedway! Good thing I have rim locks! Pulled over and the tube was toast, so I got back on the freeway and rode another 45 miles with a rear flat tire. Got up on the tank a bit, and kept it at 55-60 and accelerated as easy as possible. It did pretty well all the way home until I had to get on street with stop signs and street signals...but still limped it home..was starting to hop as the tire did come off the bead opposite from the rim lock. Tire was not damaged, so replaced the tube, and good to go!

ChumpChange
11-14-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't own one either. Not old or greasy enough just yet. I also don't like my feet in front of me. Keep them behind or below me and I'm good to go.

Wife won't let me get another crotch rocket as the last one ended up against the side of a mountain. I now have a plated KTM450 so she says I can ride that one on the street when I want to.

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Hey HM....they came out with 2 new harleys this year specifically for the portion of the population that is "Height Challenged" :D..........maybe it's time to move up :hilarious:

Ziggy
11-14-2014, 04:25 PM
I have stuffed grass and hay into a motorcycle flat tire and rode it home.

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 04:26 PM
I have stuffed grass and hay into a motorcycle flat tire and rode it home.

What kind of grass? :D

Ziggy
11-14-2014, 04:29 PM
What kind of grass? :D
That was stuffed in something else. :cool:

jordy
11-14-2014, 05:54 PM
I don't own one either. Not old or greasy enough just yet. I also don't like my feet in front of me. Keep them behind or below me and I'm good to go.

I'm borderline old enough, kinda greasy, got some good tattoos, and I don't like sitting on my balls while laying over a gas tank, so it's a good fit for me. :happy: