PDA

View Full Version : On a related Harley Note..........

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Hey Guys,

I found a Harley that I think I want to buy that's in Upland. I was hoping someone who knows a little about bike could take a quick look just so I won't drive 4+ hours only to find someone's idea of "Perfect" might be a little different than mine??

Anyone in the general area that Might have a few minutes to take a look for me this afternoon, if it's nice I'll head out early in the morning and pick it up.......happy to buy lunch and a few beers if you have time??:drinkin:

Thanks in advance!

ChumpChange
11-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Hey Guys,

I found a Harley that I think I want to buy that's in Upland. I was hoping someone who knows a little about bike could take a quick look just so I won't drive 4+ hours only to find someone's idea of "Perfect" might be a little different than mine??

Anyone in the general area that Might have a few minutes to take a look for me this afternoon, if it's nice I'll head out early in the morning and pick it up.......happy to buy lunch and a few beers if you have time??:drinkin:

Thanks in advance!

lol. I was just about to leave my office and go to Pomona Valley Harley in Upland. PM sent.

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 03:41 PM
lol. I was just about to leave my office and go to Pomona Valley Harley in Upland. PM sent.

Nice!!

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Thanks anyhow guys looks like I have it handled........going to head out in the morning and hook up with the seller, go to the bank and get him the $$ and then head home with a new bike, title and lots of years of open road ahead :thumb:

2014 Streetglide Special, 4 months old with 2000 miles and..............hopefully it won't sit for months at a time :D

Bobbytheboozer
11-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Well I live in upland but I'm getting a few after work drinks right now

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Well I live in upland but I'm getting a few after work drinks right now

The hell you say LOL

Bobbytheboozer
11-14-2014, 04:04 PM
The hell you say LOL
Lmao. It was a shit day. Whiskey and a beer is much needed.

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Thanks anyhow guys looks like I have it handled........going to head out in the morning and hook up with the seller, go to the bank and get him the $$ and then head home with a new bike, title and lots of years of open road ahead :thumb:

2014 Streetglide Special, 4 months old with 2000 miles and..............hopefully it won't sit for months at a time :D

Congrats!! I'm on the fence now. Dump a bunch of money in to my old bike or just go and buy a Streetglide, which is what I want.

Might have to let my old girl go.

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Lmao. It was a shit day. Whiskey and a beer is much needed.

Shit day you say? Any day you're not at the river, or lake, or Vegas, or doing anything that doesn't involve herding chickens is a shit day LOL

Bobbytheboozer
11-14-2014, 04:06 PM

With having a bike, if the weather is clear, no matter cold or hot, ride it. Some of my favorite rides were when it was cold, and I hate cold

Bobbytheboozer
11-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Shit day you say? Any day you're not at the river, or lake, or Vegas, or doing anything that doesn't involve herding chickens is a shit day LOL
Hahaha so true my friend, so true.

ChumpChange
11-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Congrats!! I'm on the fence now. Dump a bunch of money in to my old bike or just go and buy a Streetglide, which is what I want.

Might have to let my old girl go.

Seeing as it hasn't been run for 9mos. I should be able to buy it for a song!

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Seeing as it hasn't been run for 9mos. I should be able to buy it for a song!

I'll let you know. It'll probably be in the penny saver this weekend for the price of parts LOL

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 04:10 PM
With having a bike, if the weather is clear, no matter cold or hot, ride it. Some of my favorite rides were when it was cold, and I hate cold
Yeah...the one thing I have on the old bike that WILL be on the new bike soon is Heated Hand Grips.......I ride with half gloves when my buddies are piling on the gauntlets.....and when your hands are warm the rest of your body is HAPPY!!!

Im also looking forward to that big ass screen with GPS, and all the other good stuff :D

ChumpChange
11-14-2014, 04:13 PM
I'll let you know. It'll probably be in the penny saver this weekend for the price of parts LOL

Sweet. The PS gets to my house on Tuesdays. Can't wait to run it on those dried out tires!

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Sweet. The PS gets to my house on Tuesdays. Can't wait to run it on those dried out tires!

Just wear a full face helmet and full leathers and you might be ok upon impact :D

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Anyone wanna buy this guy :D

Ziggy
11-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Does it have a heated seat Paul? That would be the bomb.:cool:
Seen them online when I got some for my Manx.

jordy
11-14-2014, 04:41 PM

The new Street Glides are awesome and the special has the big screen. The new bag latches are sweet as you can open them with one hand sitting on the bike, unlike the old ones that you have to fight with 2 hands to get open. Harley was smart about it as they will fit on the old bikes but they don't offer a group/assembly for them, you have to buy each piece individually. The old style bag, lid, and latch assembly is like $400. The new ones, even with my discount, are close to $2,000 for a pair. It would seem that Harley would rather sell new bikes to people than have them put the new bags on their older bikes. Very clever.

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 05:06 PM
The new Street Glides are awesome and the special has the big screen. The new bag latches are sweet as you can open them with one hand sitting on the bike, unlike the old ones that you have to fight with 2 hands to get open. Harley was smart about it as they will fit on the old bikes but they don't offer a group/assembly for them, you have to buy each piece individually. The old style bag, lid, and latch assembly is like $400. The new ones, even with my discount, are close to $2,000 for a pair. It would seem that Harley would rather sell new bikes to people than have them put the new bags on their older bikes. Very clever.

Hey Jordy

I already have a black (same color) tour pack ....do you think it will work with the new side bags as long as I buy the right rack....or can I make it work for a while at least. It will only be on when we take long trips.

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Does it have a heated seat Paul? That would be the bomb.:cool:
Seen them online when I got some for my Manx.

Yeah.....should be able to just add an accessory switch to the panel to turn it on and off.....I added them to my Jeep for $80 a seat and it came with all the wiring, relay and 2 position switch

ChumpChange
11-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Good stuff.

I'd rock this.

jordy
11-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Hey Jordy

I already have a black (same color) tour pack ....do you think it will work with the new side bags as long as I buy the right rack....or can I make it work for a while at least. It will only be on when we take long trips.

What year bike do you have now? They've changed the mounting systems a few times over the years so you have to keep buying the new hardware. The pack itself will work, but you may have to change up the brackets that attach to the quick release mounts on the fender supports. Do you need the full size pack? We've got some of the chopped down ones that look pretty sweet and kind of streamline the looks on the Street Glides versus the Ultra style that is like a recliner.

This is one of my buddy's bikes. From what I recall the tour pack mount is pretty much the same, it's the part that go into the rails based upon the closeup pic. I took all the tour pack hardware off of mine and I've slept since I've played with one.

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 06:58 PM
What year bike do you have now? They've changed the mounting systems a few times over the years so you have to keep buying the new hardware. The pack itself will work, but you may have to change up the brackets that attach to the quick release mounts on the fender supports. Do you need the full size pack? We've got some of the chopped down ones that look pretty sweet and kind of streamline the looks on the Street Glides versus the Ultra style that is like a recliner.

This is one of my buddy's bikes. From what I recall the tour pack mount is pretty much the same, it's the part that go into the rails based upon the closeup pic. I took all the tour pack hardware off of mine and I've slept since I've played with one.Well the one I have now is the full size one which is on my 2003 RKC. I also have the Leather Tourpack and they are the quick release so I was thinking that I'd be able to mount the TP on a new Bracket and just clip it on....the question is will the new Rushmore bags clear the TP or will I need to shimm the older style higher for the bags to open freely......it looks like this is why the new style tourpacks have the little indentations along the bottom??

I think I'll also look for a chopped pack which looks very cool....as you mention and really matches the "Slammed" look of the SG.

jordy
11-14-2014, 07:05 PM
I think I'll also look for a chopped pack which looks very cool....as you mention and really matches the "Slammed" look of the SG.

I'm not sure on the clearance part with the lids as they open straight up and down now on a regular hinge so you lose the offset zig zag pain in the ass opening of the old hard bags. If you get bored check out www.baggernation.com as the best looking parts out there are all on that page, granted I'm kinda partial. Lots of options. One of the best things I did to mine, and one of the first, was bars. I hate feeling like I'm riding downhill, which is what I feel like with stock bars. From mild to wild, it's all there.

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure on the clearance part with the lids as they open straight up and down now on a regular hinge so you lose the offset zig zag pain in the ass opening of the old hard bags. If you get bored check out www.baggernation.com (http://www.baggernation.com) as the best looking parts out there are all on that page, granted I'm kinda partial. Lots of options. One of the best things I did to mine, and one of the first, was bars. I hate feeling like I'm riding downhill, which is what I feel like with stock bars. From mild to wild, it's all there.
Cool....heading there now :D

jordy
11-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Cool....heading there now :D

It's dangerous! Bars, stereos, bags, floorboards, fenders, mirrors... it just never ends. One of the most expensive friends I have, but he's an innovator that pretty much everyone else copies.

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 07:50 PM
That's what I want right there. How much?? 48726

ChumpChange
11-14-2014, 07:57 PM
That's what I want right there. How much??

A little late to look but I may be by there tomorrow as well. Will take a look and then see what I can do for ya.

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 07:59 PM
A little late to look but I may be by there tomorrow as well. Will take a look and then see what I can do for ya.

That's bad ass. I'll kick my pig to the curb for that baby. Out with the old lol

jordy
11-14-2014, 08:10 PM

You can do a whole lot with a Road Glide. Look at a stock one and I'll get you setup with parts versus paying top dollar for the junk that the stealer has put on there. Those bars are hideous, the bolt on bag extensions are gay. If you like incredible stereos, you can run 2 pairs of 6 1/2's in the fairing on the Road Glide. Add a pair of 6x9's in the lids and it will blow you away. I've got a single pair of 6 1/2's in my fairing with the 6x9's in my lids and close to 150 watts per channel and it is awesome! Doesn't hold a candle to a Road Glide though.

ChumpChange
11-14-2014, 08:13 PM
That's bad ass. I'll kick my pig to the curb for that baby. Out with the old lol

Pig...... :D

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Pig...... :D

Hog technically lol

Yeah bad gas and all that old thing is a goner :D

Paul65K
11-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Hog technically lol

Yeah bad gas and all that old thing is a goner :DIn that case just ride it to the dealer and leave it a smoking heap when you go inside to get the new one :D

HB Vic
11-14-2014, 08:28 PM
In that case just ride it to the dealer and leave it a smoking heap when you go inside to get the new one :D

Bahahaha I'm thinking about it

CampbellCarl
11-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Bahahaha I'm thinking about it

Do I need to up my previous offer? I may need to take some recycle in, raid my piggy bank and couch cushions.....

:D

HB Vic
11-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Do I need to up my previous offer? I may need to take some recycle in, raid my piggy bank and couch cushions.....

:D

I'm still high offer LOL

jordy
11-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Well? :action-smiley-069:

2manymustangs
11-16-2014, 07:07 PM

One left nut... :D

jordy
11-16-2014, 08:52 PM
One left nut... :D

MSRP on the Road Glide Special, which has about every option there is, less the CVO package is right at $23K. Jump to the CVO package and you're at $40K. I'd buy the special, minus any overpriced dealer stuff, and then go to work on it.

Paul65K
11-16-2014, 09:43 PM
MSRP on the Road Glide Special, which has about every option there is, less the CVO package is right at $23K. Jump to the CVO package and you're at $40K. I'd buy the special, minus any overpriced dealer stuff, and then go to work on it.
I with you Jordy....SGS and add the cool stuff......you'd have to try really hard to get to $40K and best thing is that you won't have a bike that looks exactly like 5000 others when you're done :D

ChumpChange
11-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Did you end up getting the bike?

Paul65K
11-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Did you end up getting the bike?
Yup

now sitting safe and sound in the garage here in Havasu!

Planning a trip to Death Valley, Ridgecrest, Idyllwild and Palm Springs in a few weeks to try her out :thumb:

rioracr
11-17-2014, 09:00 AM
looks like you scored a sweet ride......:smilies_mit_hut019:

ChumpChange
11-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Nice. If you need anything, let me know. I know Harley people. ;)

riverrunner1984
11-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Nice Bike! :thumbup::thumbup:

314joey
11-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Sweet ride, you'd fit in just fine down here in our party of SWF.

HB Vic
11-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Beautiful bike Paul, congrats.

I'm feeling a new bike in my future

jordy
11-17-2014, 12:12 PM
I with you Jordy....SGS and add the cool stuff......you'd have to try really hard to get to $40K and best thing is that you won't have a bike that looks exactly like 5000 others when you're done :D

Exactly. What the stealer can and can't do, and the money they get for the shit they put on is absurd.

Yup

now sitting safe and sound in the garage here in Havasu!

Congrats! Very nice looking bike. I'm really digging what they did with the new bikes. They pretty much retooled the whole bike minus the engine and transmission. The whole front end changed, including fork tube diameters. Sent the custom guys into a panic trying to retool for all the new parts. Harley likes to keep people on their toes.

Nice. If you need anything, let me know. I know Harley people. ;)

If you want to get away from the Harley types, I know the custom scene in Pheonix (ha ha ha), from mild to wild and can put you in touch with just about anything you'd like. I think that bike would look pretty sweet with a turbo on it. :yes:

I think you really should get rid of the one you've got as it's going to be nothing but problems going forward. Huge money pit.

The bike below is a Trask Performance bike. Nick Trask is pretty much the godfather of Harley turbo systems and has some that are putting out over 250HP to the rear wheel and are reliable.

Paul65K
11-17-2014, 12:18 PM
The bike below is a Trask Performance bike. Nick Trask is pretty much the godfather of Harley turbo systems and has some that are putting out over 250HP to the rear wheel and are reliable.

Nick is a cool guy. I actually bought his factory demo Yamaha Rhino (turbo'd of course) and it's been rock solid and will freakin pull tree stumps :D

jordy
11-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Nick is a cool guy. I actually bought his factory demo Yamaha Rhino (turbo'd of course) and it's been rock solid and will freakin pull tree stumps :D

Nick is one of my favorites in the Phoenix builder scene. Always a nice guy and knows his shit. Paul Tracy (the racecar driver) is now a bike builder and has come up with his own turbo systems. Stole one of Nick's guys away, but he doesn't hold a candle to the product that Nick puts out. Another builder buddy has one on his Road Glide putting out around 280HP. Pretty impressive riding next to him when he cracks the throttle and can smoke the back tire, with a girl on the back.

BTW, Nick played professional rugby in New Zealand so it's always good to be very polite to him, and not steal his guys and try to cut into his market share. ha ha!

Paul65K
11-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Beautiful bike Paul, congrats.

Thanks HB....If you get a new bike you could bring the old one out to Parker so you'll have one to ride when you are out here :D