PDA

View Full Version : The Mystery Build...

2manymustangs
10-31-2014, 06:34 PM
I have to say, at 85 MPH I could have sipped a TOTALLY full cup of coffee and not spilled a drop, this thing was as smooth as silk...

Bad azzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

riverrunner1984
10-31-2014, 06:40 PM
Nice! Is that PV in the foreground?

CampbellCarl
10-31-2014, 06:41 PM
Somebody forgot the steering wheel.........

2manymustangs
10-31-2014, 07:53 PM
Lake Elsinore....

More clues....

314joey
11-01-2014, 05:37 AM
You got me, I need a bigger pic, looks nice from what I see.

2manymustangs
11-01-2014, 07:05 AM
You got me, I need a bigger pic, looks nice from what I see.

Ask and ye shall recieve my friend... :)

2manymustangs
11-01-2014, 07:08 AM

That helps prevent the driver from getting "white knuckled" :captain:

Stainless
11-01-2014, 07:51 AM
Gawd dam that's nice!

CH3NO2

2manymustangs
11-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Gawd dam that's nice!

CH3NO2

More you say??? :)

THis beauty was so incredibly quiet inside you can easily carry on a conversation at 80+ without having to yell or give hand signals, and as smooth as a ride in a Lincoln TOwnCar...

If you wanted to go topless I assume its just click click click on four or six clevis pins (front hinge pins, top and bottom of the linear actuators)...

HB Vic
11-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Wow that's really different. Single engine what kind of speed??

2manymustangs
11-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Wow that's really different. Single engine what kind of speed??

As I understand, this is the same power/same bottom as UncleDaves 2750 that went 90+ with five peeps and azz load of fuel this summer off of Long Beach... And climbing... (maybe a different drive/lower)

710 V10 Ilmore...

This bottom/hull (different top) won SVL with the spec engine and was 105ISH in race trim.....????? THe boat pictured above had nice interior, three seats, full harness, fans, etc...

A huge thanks for letting me ride along Chris and UD...

HB Vic
11-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Any interior pics?

2manymustangs
11-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Any interior pics?

Im afraid that this is about as good as I can do aside from the previous pics:

Uncle Dave
11-01-2014, 10:42 AM

Its sister boat finished earlier in the summer was rigged for dual helms.

How many 28's you seen with dual hydraulic steering?

Germans- lov-em.

Uncle Dave

2manymustangs
11-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Caption this:

314joey
11-01-2014, 11:57 AM
How do I put it in gear Batman.

2manymustangs
11-01-2014, 12:46 PM
How do I put it in gear Batman.

Joey, don't you think you need one of these for your new LOTO house so you can boat as long as the lake isnt frozen? Throw a block/pan/patch heater on the thing, plug it in while on the lift and you could boat at LOTO from March through October :)

314joey
11-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Joey, don't you think you need one of these for your new LOTO house so you can boat as long as the lake isnt frozen? Throw a block/pan/patch heater on the thing, plug it in while on the lift and you could boat at LOTO from March through October :)

It sounds great, but we'll be boating down in SWF during that time of the year, we're keeping our Florida house, it's too nice down here in the Winter, fock the cold weather.

That's a cool boat though.

Uncle Dave
11-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Same boat without the removable top.

UD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apWZkv_f4bc

HB Vic
11-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Beautiful boats. Thank you for sharing 👍

ChumpChange
11-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Nice. Good to see some new boats coming out.

Sharp shooter
11-01-2014, 05:37 PM
too easy...

2manymustangs
11-01-2014, 05:42 PM
too easy...

Rest assured, you wouldn't take your flat bottom where this thing is going, the freeboard IS necessary... :D And the lid isn't to keep the sun off...

Sharp shooter
11-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Rest assured, you wouldn't take your flat bottom where this thing is going, the freeboard IS necessary... :D And the lid isn't to keep the sun off...

All I know is where it's at in the pics. lol

You probably don't know this Bruce, but my boat ran in the Catalina ski race one year. True story...

HB Vic
11-01-2014, 09:31 PM
That particular boat, I'm told, will be run in a very cold climate. The canopy is a necessity not because it looks cool.

I love all boats and I can appreciate these boats as well as flats or cats or V's or whatever.

I would never trash any of them as they all have they're purpose and their owners have their preference.

But I'm open minded :D

Sharp shooter
11-02-2014, 08:57 AM
I love all boats....
...I'm open minded :D

Not me Vic, I'm only into "high performance" oriented "Hot Boats". I look at it the same way I view cars.

I really do like this Lavey, I was only playing along with Bruce's caption request and I used the obvious glass water to have a little fun. Sorry if it was offensive to all the offshore boaters who only boat on flatwater. lol

Uncle Dave
11-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Offensive- I thought it was hilarious!

I've loved everything that floats since I've been a kid, and love em all. Ive carried a folding boat 20 miles into the woods with a quad just to boat somewhere I've never been.

Always had boats as kids, 75 sea horse glastrons mowing lawns to earn a 5 er in gas to ski for an afternoon, I read about what was going on out here with rigs like sharpshooters It was always with respect and awe and the understanding of what a project like that means Then the step dad bought a house in the keys at Parker hanging out at the drags with Tim Capaldi, and selling marine electronics professionally these two got me onboard just about everything that floats.

It never ceases to amaze me what guys will take to and from Catalina.

I have noticed choices in boats tend to be regional in nature.

I believe Lavey has built 5 of these Evos in various configs 1 with a 1000 horse whippled big block.
From what they can tell every single one of them is in or on their way to Germany.
apparent home for this group of guys is the baltic sea, and they run long runs in the bitter cold, and outfit these rigs accordingly.

I want to meet these guys and hang out with them for a weekend.This crowd now has 5 Evos.

Turns out the little 28 Evo has been doling out poker run humiliation in this circle for a number of years and the design works perfectly for them.

I think the guy tends to trim high, but his rig cooks and the Dave Clark setup is a nice touch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb6jp9bYzV4

Uncle Dave

Uncle Dave
11-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Sorry if it was offensive to all the offshore boaters who only boat on flatwater. lol

Most amusing category to me are the "offshore boaters" that never leave sight of the beach.

UD

2manymustangs
11-02-2014, 05:13 PM
All I know is where it's at in the pics. lol

You probably don't know this Bruce, but my boat ran in the Catalina ski race one year. True story...

It's all good, you didn't know that this boat was headed to Germany/The Baltic Sea... :)

Before I tripped into the Circle Boat Races I used to go and patrol at the federal breakwater with my inlaws for the Catalina race in the late 90s, I saw LOADS of small boats running in the ski races so I totally believe that flat bottoms made trips to Catalina, I also know that outside the breakwater is no place for The Honcho after high noon... :D

I've been out there when there was green water coming over the bow of my FILs Carver Yacht and my wife/kids were just about pea green as well... :cry: <<< my wife looked like this...

All boats/designs have their own purpose I suppose, unfortunately here in MO on our lakes/rivers the water doesn't lend itself to flat bottoms or small hydros... My hydro as well as a few other flat bottoms that Sam Spencer owned went under water while backed in and tied to his dock/slip at LOTO by getting swamped while tied to a dock...

I can see where Parker or Needles or Lake Irvine or ElSinore or many other places in SoCal or Arizona would be ideal for a little hot rod flat bottom...

The Baltic Sea or Lake Michigan or Lake Ontario or Lake Huron or the Florida Keys or the Persian Gulf/Dubai/UAE or the Gulf Of Mexico or the Sea of Cortez probably isn't the best place to take your HONCHO, especially if I wanted to run for 150-200 miles no matter what time of year...

I wouldnt take a Fishing Trawler to the circle races OR a Raysoncraft GN racer to Homer Alaska to catch King Crabs... and I wouldn't take a knife to a gun fight... :D

ChumpChange
11-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the vid UD.