PDA

View Full Version : The lurker call out thread

HB Vic
10-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Its that time again. Lot of new people here and I see you poking around. Which is totally fine.

But why not stop in and say hi! If you're a boater, protocol is a photo of your boat and some would say your significant other. But that's up to you. Boat will do just fine.

And for those of you who have been around for awhile, don't be shy, stop in and say hi. We don't bite....much :D

314joey
10-09-2014, 03:08 PM
And for those of you who have been around for awhile, don't be shy, stop in and say hi. We don't bite....much :D

I do........................................chime in, it's free and what harm can it be. :smile:

Eli
10-09-2014, 03:57 PM
We don't bite....much :D

Vic is not speaking on my behalf. The court order was revised to allow biting to those who consent.

Sent from my Bat Cave

jordy
10-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Vic is not speaking on my behalf. The court order was revised to allow biting to those who consent.

Sent from my Bat Cave

So no doesn't mean no anymore? :yikes:

Eli
10-09-2014, 04:48 PM

It never did...I was recently informed that No means try harder. Isn't that your understanding?

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
10-09-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure how we got on to DV but personally I would prefer not to discuss that topic here.

jordy
10-09-2014, 05:01 PM
It never did...I was recently informed that No means try harder. Isn't that your understanding?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Always has been... no means have a few more drinks, a couple more shots, and go for it again. Repeat as necessary. :partytime:

****disclaimer: the above is a total fucking joke not to be taken seriously, attempted, and not meant for anything other than a chuckle.****

jordy
10-09-2014, 05:03 PM
I would prefer not to discuss that topic here.

No more football threads from here on out. :wink2:

Too soon? :lalala:

HB Vic
10-09-2014, 05:09 PM
No more football threads from here on out. :wink2:

Too soon? :lalala:

Lol ...

Napanutt
10-09-2014, 08:42 PM

And what does yes mean?

Oh, I've been a lurker/poster for a bit here. Don't mind me.

jordy
10-09-2014, 08:48 PM
And what does yes mean?

Oh, I've been a lurker/poster for a bit here. Don't mind me.

Apparently it all means yes now... who knew? :wtf:

djunkie
10-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Fuck. I've been doing it all wrong.

farmergord
10-09-2014, 09:53 PM
ok I'm in 47085

Stainless
10-10-2014, 05:06 AM
ok I'm in 47085

Welcome...Great picture! Where do you boat at?

CH3NO2

farmergord
10-10-2014, 07:22 AM
I live in the Fraser valley near Vancouver BC and try and drag my boat down to either Big River or Laughlin or Parker at least once a year.at home it stays parked inside and we look at it

riverrunner1984
10-10-2014, 07:53 AM
I live in the Fraser valley near Vancouver BC and try and drag my boat down to either Big River or Laughlin or Parker at least once a year.at home it stays parked inside and we look at it

I have always wanted to visit Vancouver BC. I hear its beautiful.
Probably would want to go in the winter so I can hit up Whistler while Im there.
Supposed to be epic snowboarding!

Stainless
10-10-2014, 08:00 AM
at home it stays parked inside and we look at it

Funny! I have some friends that do that also. They have a big mural of a fun lake picture, put on bathing suits, crank the music, sit in the boat and drink beer never leaving garage.

CH3NO2

shortdeck
10-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Caught me47230

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli
10-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Caught me47230

That's your new boat...how do you like it? What's the review? What do the wife and your kid think?

Sent from my Bat Cave

shortdeck
10-15-2014, 10:19 AM
We really like it!! We didn't have much choice when it came to smaller deck boats. Domn8er has the only 22 deck with a walk through to the swim step, we didn't like hopping over the hatch. Also the bimini top is high enough you don't have kneel down.

The only upgrade we asked for is a bigger motor. We went with the 8.2 Mag, which so far has plenty of power because the wife drives a lot. So far it has gone 65 with a 22p Bravo prop. It struggles to get on plane with a heavy load, so I'm planning on adding trim tabs. It also will porpoise at speeds under 30,(according to the gauge), and I'm hoping the trim tabs fix that too.

Interior layout has tons of room and storage. The bucket seats hold us in snug and the seats are low enough to keep my 2 year old from climbing out of the boat. There's no carpet to worry about, the floor is a nonslip fiberglass. The color gel coat on the floor will get hot when it's over 100 degrees outside though. The boat also gets really windy but I have heard all deck boats share this problem. 472484724947250

Stainless
10-15-2014, 11:38 AM
I thought we established Lurker is really Milk Money. 😄

CH3NO2

Stainless
10-15-2014, 11:44 AM
We really like it!! We didn't have much choice when it came to smaller deck boats. Domn8er has the only 22 deck with a walk through to the swim step, we didn't like hopping over the hatch. Also the bimini top is high enough you don't have kneel down.

The only upgrade we asked for is a bigger motor. We went with the 8.2 Mag, which so far has plenty of power because the wife drives a lot. So far it has gone 65 with a 22p Bravo prop. It struggles to get on plane with a heavy load, so I'm planning on adding trim tabs. It also will porpoise at speeds under 30,(according to the gauge), and I'm hoping the trim tabs fix that too.

Interior layout has tons of room and storage. The bucket seats hold us in snug and the seats are low enough to keep my 2 year old from climbing out of the boat. There's no carpet to worry about, the floor is a nonslip fiberglass. The color gel coat on the floor will get hot when it's over 100 degrees outside though. The boat also gets really windy but I have heard all deck boats share this problem. 472484724947250

Very nice boat you have. 😉

If you can experiment with props without buying, I would recommend a High Five or Maximus to help get on plane if it's bothering you. Might lose a couple MPH though. Cutting Edge Propellers is a good resource for info and prop purchases.

CH3NO2

ChumpChange
10-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Wow that's a good looking boat!

Ziggy
10-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Nice looking Domina8or. They seemed to have picked up quite a bit of market share this summer. I saw a lot of new ones on the lake this year. :thumbsup:

Milkmoney
10-15-2014, 04:14 PM
I thought we established Lurker is really Milk Money. 😄

CH3NO2

Ha ha. I was once. :)

niceguyeddie
10-15-2014, 04:17 PM

Very nice.
I like how you went with grey on the floors.

shortdeck
10-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys. I have the boat home until next year. Do you guys change the drive and engine oil when you winterize, or wait until next year?

Bobby V
10-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys. I have the boat home until next year. Do you guys change the drive and engine oil when you winterize, or wait until next year?

I wait until next year. Mine stays in Havasu.

HB Vic
10-15-2014, 07:26 PM

You can wait like most people or do it in the winter and save a ton of money. Most shops are slow in the winter and will run some killer deals. Also good to have it ready in case a few good days of nice weather pop up :D

Stainless
10-15-2014, 07:27 PM

I think it's better to do it at the end of season, especially the drive. That way no water stays in it over winter in case it's ingesting.

CH3NO2

Eli
10-15-2014, 07:31 PM
I think it's better to do it at the end of season, especially the drive. That way no water stays in it over winter in case it's ingesting.

CH3NO2

Do you also run it to get most of the fuel burned?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
10-15-2014, 07:41 PM
Do you also run it to get most of the fuel burned?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Yes, that way it gets fresh fuel on 1st outing of the year.

I have heard others say it's better to leave them full and treat with Sta-bil. Boaters that live in cold wet environments claim there's less condensation buildup in tanks using this method.

CH3NO2

Bobby V
10-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes, that way it gets fresh fuel on 1st outing of the year.

I have heard others say it's better to leave them full and treat with Sta-bil. Boaters that live in cold wet environments claim there's less condensation buildup in tanks using this method.

CH3NO2

I used to leave the tank full with the stabil. But now due to the bad stuff in the gas I go at least half full with stabil.

Stainless
10-16-2014, 06:34 AM
I used to leave the tank full with the stabil. But now due to the bad stuff in the gas I go at least half full with stabil.

Yea, and I put the Sta-bil in at end of last day so it circulates through engine. Probably a little overkill, but I love my engines. 😉

CH3NO2

SBS933
10-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Yea, and I put the Sta-bil in at end of last day so it circulates through engine. Probably a little overkill, but I love my engines. ��

CH3NO2 Good thinking there.