PDA

View Full Version : K-711 Prep for Lucas Oil race in Havasu!!!

Mrs.K034
10-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Some footage from our long weekend.. And now going to bed to get to work tomorrow. http://youtu.be/vnklFpVsuiE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westair
10-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Well done! .... see you out there this weekend!

HB Vic
10-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Very cool! And nice HB shirt shot at 1:24 :D

Mrs.K034
10-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Hey, Stainless, is this the kind of stuff you're looking for at the races?? :) Vic, we are always wearing Hotboat & NRI shirts! I know, I personally, basically live in them, after work anyways.

Stainless
10-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Hey, Stainless, is this the kind of stuff you're looking for at the races?? :) Vic, we are always wearing Hotboat & NRI shirts! I know, I personally, basically live in them, after work anyways.

Hell yeah! I subscribed to your channel too. 😉 Engine sounds cool.
Look forward to more this weekend.
Hope to see a pic of Chris on the podium. 😊

CH3NO2

Stainless
10-07-2014, 05:46 AM
Mrs K, is this the last race and it starts over Thanksgiving?

CH3NO2

Mrs.K034
10-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Mrs K, is this the last race and it starts over Thanksgiving?

CH3NO2

This race is not an APBA race, which is the organization we usually run with. Hard to explain, but our race season is over with APBA, November will be our first race of the season with them. This our first Lucas Oil race, and we should be running agin with Lucas on Halloween weekend in Chandler at the old Firebird track (can't remember what the track is called now, lol).. Anyways, that isn't one of the ABPA races either. I hope that helps.

Stainless
10-07-2014, 07:33 PM
This race is not an APBA race, which is the organization we usually run with. Hard to explain, but our race season is over with APBA, November will be our first race of the season with them. This our first Lucas Oil race, and we should be running agin with Lucas on Halloween weekend in Chandler at the old Firebird track (can't remember what the track is called now, lol).. Anyways, that isn't one of the ABPA races either. I hope that helps.

You guys are coming to Wild Horse(formerly Firebird)? 😎

I kinda understand the 2 sanctioning bodies, you explained it more clearly though. Is there a new class for your boat at firebird, I thought it was drags and crackers? In case your not familiar, Firebird Lake is truly a race track made for boat racers, serious racing but not as festive as say Havasu. Are you guys going to race in both APBA and Lucas in the coming year?
Wonder if HB Vic and NRI are coming over this year?

CH3NO2

HB Vic
10-07-2014, 09:13 PM
When is Wildhorse?

Mrs.K034
10-07-2014, 09:26 PM
When is Wildhorse?

It's Otc 30th- Nov 2nd.

HB Vic
10-07-2014, 09:27 PM
I hope I can pull that off

Mrs.K034
10-07-2014, 09:33 PM
You guys are coming to Wild Horse(formerly Firebird)? 😎

I kinda understand the 2 sanctioning bodies, you explained it more clearly though. Is there a new class for your boat at firebird, I thought it was drags and crackers? In case your not familiar, Firebird Lake is truly a race track made for boat racers, serious racing but not as festive as say Havasu. Are you guys going to race in both APBA and Lucas in the coming year?
Wonder if HB Vic and NRI are coming over this year?

CH3NO2

HB is all in for Havasu! I'll post a picture of the posters and banners tomorrow.. HB is a huge support to the K class, since day one.. HB is part of the family.. And NRI as well!! NRI is sponsoring the K-69 and the K-711 this weekend.

HB Vic
10-08-2014, 09:49 AM
HB is all in for Havasu! I'll post a picture of the posters and banners tomorrow.. HB is a huge support to the K class, since day one.. HB is part of the family.. And NRI as well!! NRI is sponsoring the K-69 and the K-711 this weekend.

Happy to be able to help. Looking forward to this weekend. See you guys soon.

K-034
10-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Happy to be able to help. Looking forward to this weekend. See you guys soon.

We will see you Friday, we are heading down today so Candace can set up the track, and we will be there tomorrow to register

2manymustangs
10-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Just watched your video for the second time... :) TY Chris/Candace...

Tell Pat that I said "I taught Pat everything he knows about grilling" and let me know his response... :stir:

Eli
10-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Looks like my plans changed back and I'm going after all.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Mrs.K034
10-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Looks like my plans changed back and I'm going after all.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Nice, love muffin!!! See ya out here!! What day are you coming out?

Eli
10-08-2014, 08:14 PM

Tomorrow after my hearing...I'm driving out.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Mrs.K034
10-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Tomorrow after my hearing...I'm driving out.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Nice!! More fun time for us!! We will be waiting for you in the pits, or just meet us at the house, either way. 😉

Eli
10-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Nice!! More fun time for us!! We will be waiting for you in the pits, or just meet us at the house, either way. 😉

Sounds good to me!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
10-09-2014, 05:50 AM

Love muffin? 😱

CH3NO2

redant
10-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Just watched your video for the second time... :) TY Chris/Candace...

Tell Pat that I said "I taught Pat everything he knows about grilling" and let me know his response... :stir:

LMAO. Lots of f bombs would be in that answer. Almost as good as saying you taught him everything he knows about painting. Will we see you in February? You can try to get pulled over again!!!!!

2manymustangs
10-09-2014, 10:30 AM
LMAO. Lots of f bombs would be in that answer. Almost as good as saying you taught him everything he knows about painting. Will we see you in February? You can try to get pulled over again!!!!!

:D I still am hunting for his write up "how to paint a boat by Pat Eason", from back in the brandywine paint job days... when the ash from the fires was coating everything...

Not sure about Feb... I will be back in LB in a few weeks, for a quick trip... :cheekkiss:

2manymustangs
10-10-2014, 09:00 AM

I was thinking about this question ^^^ , I would go back JUST to hear Johnny Idaho tell his story again about the "dog bite marks" on the back of his neck...

Chris, CandACE, Pat and PAPAletch can back me up, that is worth the price of admission...

:LMAOsmiley: I was laughing my azzzzzzzzz off...

Stainless
10-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Haven't heard anything, how are you guys setting Mrs K?

CH3NO2

Mrs.K034
10-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Haven't heard anything, how are you guys setting Mrs K?

CH3NO2

I know!! Sorry to everyone, but this has been more busy than most races for myself. We flipped the boat yesterday and Chris got to try out his new expensive Lifeline helmet. :( that was in the first race of the day. No serious damage to the boat, so we cleaned out the engine and going racing again today.

Stainless
10-12-2014, 07:37 AM
I know!! Sorry to everyone, but this has been more busy than most races for myself. We flipped the boat yesterday and Chris got to try out his new expensive Lifeline helmet. :( that was in the first race of the day. No serious damage to the boat, so we cleaned out the engine and going racing again today.

Sorry to hear that. 😞
I read something had happened yesterday but couldn't confirm. From what you say it was probably something to learn from. So happy Chris was not injured and you're team is racing today. 😊

CH3NO2

Eli
10-12-2014, 07:50 AM

Good thing Chris is ok and the boat is too! Good luck today!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
10-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Good thing Chris is ok and the boat is too! Good luck today!

Sent from my Bat Cave
X2......go get'em :thumb:

westair
10-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Good luck today K711 :thumbup:

Wendi
10-12-2014, 08:45 AM

Candace I'm so glad Chris is ok. Good luck today and be safe out there.

HB Vic
10-12-2014, 10:14 AM

You scared the crap out of me with that text. Glad he's okay. Be careful today.

westair
10-12-2014, 08:28 PM
How did things go for the 711 team today? ... heard the wind picked up in the afternoon

HB Vic
10-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Talked to Candace earlier. Chris is okay. A little banged up and bruised but okay. Good to hear. From what I heard her say no finals were run and the race was cancelled due to wind. No racing tomorrow either.

2manymustangs
10-13-2014, 05:09 AM
Candace I'm so glad Chris is ok. Good luck today and be safe out there.

x711 :thumbsUp:

Stainless
10-13-2014, 05:10 AM
Happy to hear Chris is OK!
Hope Chris comes on and talks about what it's like being underwater in a capsule with SCBA. I know they train and get certified but I'm sure it's scary when it actually happens.

CH3NO2

K-034
10-13-2014, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=Stainless;131144]Happy to hear Chris is OK!
Hope Chris comes on and talks about what it's like being underwater in a capsule with SCBA. I know they train and get certified but I'm sure it's scary when it actually happens.

It wasn't that bad, I am sure glad I was in a capsule. The role over was so slow it was boring, I just sat there un latched my belts purged the air on my helmet and waited for the capsule to fill up so I can open the lid, and when I did the safety was right there. The Lucas safety is by far the best

And a huge thank you to Candace for putting this together, she busted her sexy ass on this for weeks, and it went really well, desptie the low boat count and, our handling issues the K's put on a great show, thank you to Hotboat for your support not only for us but the whole class and all of the other sponsers that chipped in for the class, Concept Speed and Marine, A&B supply, Topock 66, Fredrick & sons plumbing and A/C, Lucas and of course Hotboat, thanks again for bringing the K's to Havasu

Chris,

Stainless
10-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Good to read you're in good spirits! Doesn't sound like it caused much damage either. Bet you guys were up all night disassembling/drying the engine out? Did you have to replace ignition components?

CH3NO2

Mrs.K034
10-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks to all of you for following us and supporting us!! Thank god Chris is ok!! It was so worth all the work getting this race together for these guys!! I really have to thank the boats that showed up! It was down to last minute to get them all out there, but they made it happen!

I have to say a HUGE thanks the crew on our boat for getting this boat back in the water for Sunday racing, with the new crew I feel so comfortable, it's amazing.. And I can't ever thank Joe Irick enough for building the engines!!

Such a blessing to have our loyal sponsors by our side at all times through thick and thin, NRI, Hotboat.com, GORR, Jack's Auto Parts (without them we would not have been racing Sunday), Advanced Oilfield systems, and Allen's Fasteners.

Paul65K
10-13-2014, 07:36 PM

It wasn't that bad, I am sure glad I was in a capsule. The role over was so slow it was boring, I just sat there un latched my belts purged the air on my helmet and waited for the capsule to fill up so I can open the lid, and when I did the safety was right there. The Lucas safety is by far the best

And a huge thank you to Candace for putting this together, she busted her sexy ass on this for weeks, and it went really well, desptie the low boat count and, our handling issues the K's put on a great show, thank you to Hotboat for your support not only for us but the whole class and all of the other sponsers that chipped in for the class, Concept Speed and Marine, A&B supply, Topock 66, Fredrick & sons plumbing and A/C, Lucas and of course Hotboat, thanks again for bringing the K's to Havasu

Chris,

Thanks to all of you for following us and supporting us!! Thank god Chris is ok!! It was so worth all the work getting this race together for these guys!! I really have to thank the boats that showed up! It was down to last minute to get them all out there, but they made it happen!

I have to say a HUGE thanks the crew on our boat for getting this boat back in the water for Sunday racing, with the new crew I feel so comfortable, it's amazing.. And I can't ever thank Joe Irick enough for building the engines!!

Such a blessing to have our loyal sponsors by our side at all times through thick and thin, NRI, Hotboat.com, GORR, Jack's Auto Parts (without them we would not have been racing Sunday), Advanced Oilfield systems, and Allen's Fasteners.

You guys are an awesome couple and it's great to see you do well.......you got a bunch of great supporters and it's easy to cheer for nice people!!!

Stainless
10-13-2014, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=K-034;131177]

You guys are an awesome couple and it's great to see you do well.......you got a bunch of great supporters and it's easy to cheer for nice people!!!

Absolutely, couldn't have said it any better! 😊

It's cool we get some inside knowledge from the race teams perspective too. 😉

CH3NO2

Mrs.K034
10-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Oh, btw.. If I can find the GoPro, i did get footage from one race before it turned up missing.. Lol. So, there could possibly be a video in the near future.

redant
10-14-2014, 12:14 PM

Chris,

So very glad Chris has great safety equipment. The improvements being made in this area are such a relief. If you race, you know you will be going over sooner or later. The race was a great event overall. Thank you to all the K boat teams and drag boat teams that offered help in getting us back on the water. Joe Irick is my hero for taking care of the oily mess issue. I think Candace put a 1000 miles on the golf cart this past weekend running back and forth. This team has a great crew that works well together and we have lots of laughs.

Chris, was the roll over slow enough to eat a Tootsie Roll? :wink2: