PDA

View Full Version : Desert Storm 2015

HB Vic
09-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Is a go. It's on and it's going to be bigger than ever.

Stainless
09-27-2014, 08:57 PM

Was there a possibility it would not happen in '15?
I had not heard this.

CH3NO2

djunkie
09-27-2014, 09:08 PM
What the hell. I may run it again.

Paul65K
09-27-2014, 09:42 PM
What the hell. I may run it again.I'm in.....my boat this year.......if you're up for it :D

djunkie
09-27-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm in.....my boat this year.......if you're up for it :D

I have a couple friends that are hitting me up for it now. If they flake I'll probably be up for that. I'm gonna give them a deadline to commit though.

Rock_Bottom
09-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Already counting down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul65K
09-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I have a couple friends that are hitting me up for it now. If they flake I'll probably be up for that. I'm gonna give them a deadline to commit though.
Huh:hmm:headscratch:

Singleton
09-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Would not miss it. Much more fun running then watching

Eli
09-27-2014, 11:23 PM
I need a ride from Las Vegas airport...I'll be flying in from Cancun on Friday.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Havasuing
09-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Who's producing the 2015 Desert Storm? I'm assuming that Nichols has 'passed the torch' - or is that incorrect? What are the dates? Still the last weekend in April?

HB Vic
09-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Who's producing the 2015 Desert Storm? I'm assuming that Nichols has 'passed the torch' - or is that incorrect? What are the dates? Still the last weekend in April?

Jim now has a partner. Jim Murphy I believe. The partnership was announced last night. Same dates I believe.

314joey
09-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Where's the best place to stay and can you walk around or do you have to drive a car.

HB Vic
09-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Where's the best place to stay and can you walk around or do you have to drive a car.

Best? Heat imo. And you probably need a car

Eli
09-28-2014, 10:38 AM

I say the Nautical Inn that's where everything is and you can get a slip if you do the pokerrun and book early. I've never driven once I got into town. There's plenty of cabs and Five Dolla holler which is now $6 lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

djunkie
09-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Huh:hmm:headscratch:

Huh? Lol

314joey
09-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Probably won't drag my big azz heavy boat out, it's hard enough getting my big fat azz out there.....................lmao, I hate worrying about drinking and driving, so that's why I ask how most get around, I don't like jails, especially out of state one's, sitting in a jail during DS doesn't sound like fun.

Miss Managed Assets
09-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Do you know how much booth space is going to be for the street party?

Slacker
09-28-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't like jails, especially out of state one's, sitting in a jail during DS doesn't sound like fun.

Hey the TV dinner's here at our jail are just as good as anyone else's,,,,,lol

Eli
09-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Probably won't drag my big azz heavy boat out, it's hard enough getting my big fat azz out there.....................lmao, I hate worrying about drinking and driving, so that's why I ask how most get around, I don't like jails, especially out of state one's, sitting in a jail during DS doesn't sound like fun.

I agree! I'm not a fan of handcuffs and uniforms. Take a cab nothing's more than a few miles away. Hell I've walked from the bridge to the Islander at 1 am before.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Slacker
09-28-2014, 11:31 AM
I agree! I'm not a fan of handcuffs and uniforms.
Sent from my Bat Cave

Not what I heard,,,,,,LOL

314joey
09-28-2014, 11:37 AM
I agree! I'm not a fan of handcuffs and uniforms. Take a cab nothing's more than a few miles away. Hell I've walked from the bridge to the Islander at 1 am before.

Sent from my Bat Cave

I don't care for orange.......................did you do that walk in heels

314joey
09-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Hey the TV dinner's here at our jail are just as good as anyone else's,,,,,lol

Do they have slot machines in the slammer.

Eli
09-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Not what I heard,,,,,,LOL
That's supposed to be a secret ;)

I don't care for orange.......................did you do that walk in heels

I sure did! I was in a wedge, so not a spike heel.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
09-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Joey in a $5 holla? Lol yeah right

Eli
09-28-2014, 12:36 PM

Are YOU mocking me? The man who takes Uber? Bahahahaha

Sent from my Bat Cave

314joey
09-28-2014, 12:43 PM

Is this the economy ride

Eli
09-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Is this the economy ride

No Uber is the economy ride. Five dolla holla is the convent ride. You can also call a party bus. They have one with a pole ;) don't ask. Lol

This is who I use. Very reliable and you can get the same driver all weekend.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/28/b2852e11aac0b5baf814633d703adbbb.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
09-28-2014, 01:00 PM
I'll second the Nautical since it's the hub of DS. If you want to stay there and they will rent you a room BOOK NOW! Problem is a large block of rooms are set aside for participants and there may not be any available. If they do release them there is a surcharge for non-participants. My advice is call tomorrow and see if anything is available. Avoid the rooms to North if possible, the ones South are much nicer.

The Heat is probably nicer in terms of rooms and is next to bridge, bars and restaurants and HB might have a party there. You will see a lot nice boat traffic passing under bridge from your balcony.

CH3NO2

314joey
09-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks for all the info, it helps a newbie like me.....................lmao.

314joey
09-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Oh and I forgot, since I'm not a good looking gal like Eli how do I get on a boat................this should be good.............lol.

HB Vic
09-28-2014, 01:15 PM
No Uber is the economy ride. Five dolla holla is the convent ride. You can also call a party bus. They have one with a pole ;) don't ask. Lol

This is who I use. Very reliable and you can get the same driver all weekend.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/28/b2852e11aac0b5baf814633d703adbbb.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave

Uber has a black car. Usually new Navigators or Escalades

Stainless
09-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Oh and I forgot, since I'm not a good looking gal like Eli how do I get on a boat................this should be good.............lol.

Good luck with that, she stole any chance I have getting a ride.

CH3NO2

Stainless
09-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Seriously Joey, I'm sure you'll be able to grab a ride with someone.

CH3NO2

Eli
09-28-2014, 01:23 PM

I'll PM my secrets ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

314joey
09-28-2014, 01:35 PM
I'll PM my secrets ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

I know, put Terri in one of her tiny bikini's and we'll get a ride....................at least one of us.

Eli
09-28-2014, 09:33 PM
I know, put Terri in one of her tiny bikini's and we'll get a ride....................at least one of us.

Yup! But, I'm sure you'll have 50 invites before you even make the plans. I'm not sure if I'm going, when I informed my sister I'd be leaving Cancun the day after her wedding, she almost stabbed me. Despite the fact that I told her to plan around DS. If I go, I have a lot of friends always willing to take a beautiful lady and her very nice hubby on their boat.

Sent from my Bat Cave

HB Vic
09-28-2014, 09:39 PM
Was there a possibility it would not happen in '15?
I had not heard this.

CH3NO2

Sorry, didn't properly answer this. Yes. Jim N. has had some health issues and the stress of putting on an event like this had to be astronomical. There were rumors ranging from no DS 2015 to all sorts of other rumors. Gladly those rumors were put to bed Saturday night with the announcement of a new partner. From what I remember the street fair will be expanded to possibly three nights. With bands and entertainment possible at more than one location. And an expansion of the street fair itself.

Sounded very positive to me. I look forward to hearing the updates and their plans for 2015.

314joey
09-29-2014, 04:49 AM
Yup! But, I'm sure you'll have 50 invites before you even make the plans. I'm not sure if I'm going, when I informed my sister I'd be leaving Cancun the day after her wedding, she almost stabbed me. Despite the fact that I told her to plan around DS. If I go, I have a lot of friends always willing to take a beautiful lady and her very nice hubby on their boat.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Some Family members just don't understand what it's like to be a boat LOVEA !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info E.

Stainless
09-29-2014, 05:54 AM
Sorry, didn't properly answer this. Yes. Jim N. has had some health issues and the stress of putting on an event like this had to be astronomical. There were rumors ranging from no DS 2015 to all sorts of other rumors. Gladly those rumors were put to bed Saturday night with the announcement of a new partner. From what I remember the street fair will be expanded to possibly three nights. With bands and entertainment possible at more than one location. And an expansion of the street fair itself.

Sounded very positive to me. I look forward to hearing the updates and their plans for 2015.

Thanks, kinda thought that could have been the issue. Remember JN being in LHC hospital first couple days last year. Hope they bring back the traditional start to card stop one.

CH3NO2

Eli
09-29-2014, 07:19 AM
Some Family members just don't understand what it's like to be a boat LOVEA !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info E.

They really don't get it. My older sister doesn't like anything water related and my younger sister hates the heat. I swear I'm adopted.

Sent from my Bat Cave

She's Mine
09-29-2014, 07:02 PM

Jim, if you come out I'll make room in my boat for you and the wife. Right now I have 10 boats going but we all know that will change. Oh And we're spectators so the passengers will be drinking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul65K
09-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Jim,

You and Terri are certainly welcome on our boat in the spectator floatilla if I don't run the PR this year.......looks like my partner may be leaving me high and dry :rolleyes:

In any case we can find a place for you guys........get a room at the Nautical, that's where you'll want to be for the all the festivities!!!

Send me a PM and we can work out the details
P65k

HB Vic
09-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Jim, check out a Inferno Suite at The Heat Hotel.

Just don't stay in #6. I stayed there this weekend.

And no, that's not why. The water never gets hot :D

djunkie
09-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Jim,

You and Terri are certainly welcome on our boat in the spectator floatilla if I don't run the PR this year.......looks like my partner may be leaving me high and dry :rolleyes:

In any case we can find a place for you guys........get a room at the Nautical, that's where you'll want to be for the all the festivities!!!

Send me a PM and we can work out the details
P65k

Hold on. Don't get your panties in a wad. Lol. I haven't committed to anything yet. It's still so early I'm not even sure if I can make it out for it yet.

Paul65K
09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Hold on. Don't get your panties in a wad. Lol. I haven't committed to anything yet. It's still so early I'm not even sure if I can make it out for it yet.
What makes you think I was talking about you :hilarious:

314joey
09-30-2014, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the invite guys,...................... even though we've been to Havasu, (a couple years ago) we've never been to DS and I know it's like our Shootout, it's the event to make if you're heading out West.
If not 2015, then 2016, we'll be in the middle of setting up the LOTO place to get ready for Summer, might be difficult to make it next Spring, I want the new place to be all set-up before Summer so we can hopefully boat problem free.
I'll see how things go the next few weeks and then see if we can pull the trigger for the next DS, thanks again, we appreciate it,................................. boaters are so cool.

Singleton
09-30-2014, 06:11 AM
Hope they bring back the traditional start to card stop one.

CH3NO2

Sorry, but the new format is not going anywhere. Feedback from participants in the poker run favored the new format and without it I am not sure Jim can get all the permits needed for the event.

Stainless
09-30-2014, 06:18 AM
Sorry, but the new format is not going anywhere. Feedback from participants in the poker run favored the new format and without it I am not sure Jim can get all the permits needed for the event.

Yea, I'm not surprised. That was my favorite part of the event since the Shootout is dependent on good water conditions.

CH3NO2